Booked a "modified cabin" may get moved.

Naomi John

Anyone have experience with this?

Received a notcie advising we may be moved to a category of equal value.

Don't really care about being moved, if someone needs the cabin more, no problem. Just wondering about the "equal value" clause.

Oh, I used early saver, and booked a 4J.

Thanks in advance for the information.

To me, you should be moved to another 4J category. I don't know what that category is, but if you could be moved to an area of the ship you don't like, I suggest you asked to be moved to another 4J that is in the area.

I would hate to be moved a couple of weeks before sailing to a cabin I never would have chosen, but that's what happens when you book a handicapped cabin and you don't meet the qualifications.

To me, you should be moved to another 4J category. I don't know what that category is, but if you could be moved to an area of the ship you don't like, I suggest you asked to be moved to another 4J that is in the area.

I would hate to be moved a couple of weeks before sailing to a cabin I never would have chosen, but that's what happens when you book a handicapped cabin and you don't meet the qualifications.

4js are the cabins that used to be 6Bs, obstructed views, but now 4js,

There are not that many so to me it would be most likely to get moved to a OV on Rivieria deck, a 6A.

4js often sell out.

OP as long as you dont mind being moved to a lower deck, Id say more chance of being moved to a regular OV.

I understand what you are saying, and I booked the cabin knowing the consiquences. I'm just wondering if "equal value" means what I paid or what I booked.

And here comes my what ifs: 1) no 4J's available?; 2) the price I paid is at the time equal to a higher category.

Just wondering.

There is no guarantee as to what Carnival will do if they need your 4J.

If they do have to move you, the only logical move is what Firefly has stated -- to an ocean view cabin. They will not move you to another 4J, as that won't make any sense.

If all Ocean Views are sold, then you might have a chance of a nice upgrade.

We booked 6 staterooms, all 4J's in a row. My Mom is in one modified (and needs it), but hubby & I took another one so we could all be together. Our bookings are linked so we just figure Carnival is less likely to take ours. But we are aware that we could be moved...and would hope for an upgrade if that happened.

Archived