TravelScoot?

jackretired

WOW! Am I ever glad I found this thread!

We are going to Hawaii next October and I have RA flare-ups that can stop me dead in my tracks,,,I sometimes use my mom's old scooter which is way too big....but this Travelscoot sounds great!

Thank you for all the info!

Yes another question from you seasoned TS drivers. I tend to not want attention drawn to myself so I would rather not use the flag but I went to the a place with people standing and moving around and my friend could not see me or find me. So I realized I needed to call attention to were I was at for whoever was with me. I also put it on when in a parking lot that I have to park further away from the door so hopefully cars see me and I am very cautious. Will I need it on the ship or around in ports, do you use yours?

I have adjusted and taken off the flag and put a rubber duckie or something else on. I look forward to your comments. I love all of us helping each other. Marla

Flag? I don't use a flag, one did not come with mine is it something you added?

Yes, I got my TS in May and it came with a 2 piece pole that fits in the top of the curved rod for the seat. It had a TS logo etc on it and even though I love my TS I didn't feel I wanted to advertise but I would rather drive around at times with a rubber duck....figure that one out and maybe you can explain it to my family who think I am nuts until they look for me.

I got the flag with mine as well. I have used it when outside but didn't use it indoors but may rethink that for cruising. When I was able-bodied I was 6 ft. 2 inches tall which is of course quite tall for a woman. I was so shocked to not be noticed and bumped into when I first got the scoot. I was never bumped into when I motivated by my two feet. I have learned to speak up when I see someone coming toward me who doesn't seem to see me. I may try using the flag on my next cruise although my DH does a good job of walking in front of me.

That is why I use a bicycle bell on the handle bar to announce my presence. I ring it and continue on with a sweet smile that is usually returned. I also have a very bright light on the front from a bike section of Walmart and it either is a constant light or a bright blinking light which is great to be a warning at night. both were easy to install myself.

The bell that came with it was too quiet but the child's bike bell is great.

The other question about the umbrella ...I found it on line as a folding umbrella for lawn furniiture and sent for it. It clamps on the handle bar and can slightly be adjusted. It is lined with a foil fabric to make it safer to use.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, Denise for that advise about the velcro. I also bought a bike bell. It works. I ring it and people look to see who's coming. Everyone has been very nice so far.

Before I got my scoot, and was able to walk slowly, someone almost ran me over in their scoot because I didn't get out of the way fast enough. They were rushing to the showroom. You do need to go slowly when there are a lot of people.

• 3 weeks later...
Ordered a travelscoot for use on my next Cruse. Should be tomorrow.Cant wait to try it out.

Thanks for all the handy tips.

Roy

I'm sure you will be happy with it!!. DH used it on our last cruise and loved the portability. We are now going on the Mississippi river cruise (next week) and will be flying for the first time with it. Hopefully all goes well at the airport and on the river boat....

Good luck with yours!!!

Cheers

Carol

I believe the cover for the handlebars is part of the "travel kit", which is an additional cost item that also includes an insulated, padded bag for the battery.

Did you order the travel kit with your Scoot?

If not just give Tony a call, I'm sure he can send one out.

Enjoy you're newfound freedom that comes with the Travelscoot. I've had mine since '09 and just love it!

Marlee

The owners manual said the handlebar cover has been disconunied. So far i am Completely satisfied with it.

Roy

I'm glad you're happy.

Wow! The optional "travel kit" I described is still offered for sale on Travelscoot's website for $39.

Marlee

Archived