Photos: Epic Haven, 2 Bedroom Villa # 16001, and More

KJE Atlanta

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Wife and I are ready to book on Epic cruise 10/6/13 out of Barcelona.....I'm thinking that we'd rather be on deck 16 versus deck 17.....patiently awaiting members thoughts as to which they prefer and why.

On Epic, I have stayed both on Decks 16 and 17. I prefer 16 since you are on the same level as the Epic club, concierge, and Haven area. In addition, you are only one flight of stairs down to the main deck 15 (main pool area). You also walk along deck 15 to get to the spa. So not having to wait for elevators or taking 2 flights of stairs was much better.

But if the deal was right or the cabin I wanted was on deck 17, it would not keep me from booking that deck again.

16001 is a great suite and PERFECT for a couple or small family. We had 5 people in the suite and everyone had lots of room and their own TV.

I also booked this room and am psyched! My husnamd and I enjoy just sunning and hanging out on the pool deck. Just curious- can you see/hear the band from the posh area? I'd like to be able to see the kids at the slides from deck 16. Is that possible?

Cabin 16001 is not available for our sailing but 16003 just became available. We are currently booked in 16012. Should we change to one of the forward facing cabins? We are sailing with 4 kids, youngest is 7 but we like the idea of the solarium instead of the completely open balcony. Our kids love to sit at the window and look out (in an oceanview cabin) I can only imagine what they would think sitting in the solarium 16 stories up looking over the bow of the ship. Any recommendations?

Cabin 16001 is not available for our sailing but 16003 just became available. We are currently booked in 16012. Should we change to one of the forward facing cabins? We are sailing with 4 kids, youngest is 7 but we like the idea of the solarium instead of the completely open balcony. Our kids love to sit at the window and look out (in an oceanview cabin) I can only imagine what they would think sitting in the solarium 16 stories up looking over the bow of the ship. Any recommendations?

As you can probably tell from my earlier posts in this thread, we ended up really enjoying the solarium and the forward facing aspect of it. We're booked in 17001 for the Western Caribbean itinerary in December 2014. I think it all depends on what's most important.... a fully open air balcony versus a glass-enclosed sun-room with windows (that open) and a cool view of the front of the ship. If your kids like looking out the oceanview windows, they're gonna love to solarium views looking forward - especially while the ship is underway. You might have seen this already, but I'll post the link again.... it's our video of the 16001's solarium:

Thanks for sharing the video. I think the solarium is a perfect option for us. We have never sailed with a balcony before so we would not know the difference not having a traditional balcony. The views must be spectacular from the 16th deck looking forward. Our oldest son is a cruise freak and actually wants to be a captain some day. I think he would love to have the same view from the bridge for the whole week.

• 4 weeks later...

Will there be noise from the sundeck above Haven 17th floor rooms?

The deckplan shows Haven sundeck as well as public sundeck on 18th floor -- I am worried about people walking on the sundeck wooden flooring, dragging sunbeds and late parties in the deck bar etc. Will it be quieter to stay in the Haven 16th floor rooms?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi - thanks so much for all the help here.

I am thinking about booking an S4 on either here or Breakway. It's an odd group. Myself and my girlfriend will be in the master bedroom; my girlfriends sister in the 2nd bedroom, and my brother in the living room.

The questions are: Is the 2nd bathroom easily accessible by both the 2nd bedroom and living room or will my brother have to walk into the 2nd bedroom to use it? If so; are the public restrooms easy to get to from the 16th floor? It appears there are a lot of "RR" on the map. I want to book 16001 but worried the restroom will be a long walk if he has to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night. Here is a map:

http://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/epic/decks/2/16#tab_detail

Help appreciated!!!

Thanks.

Hi - thanks so much for all the help here.

I am thinking about booking an S4 on either here or Breakway. It's an odd group. Myself and my girlfriend will be in the master bedroom; my girlfriends sister in the 2nd bedroom, and my brother in the living room.

The questions are: Is the 2nd bathroom easily accessible by both the 2nd bedroom and living room or will my brother have to walk into the 2nd bedroom to use it? If so; are the public restrooms easy to get to from the 16th floor? It appears there are a lot of "RR" on the map. I want to book 16001 but worried the restroom will be a long walk if he has to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night. Here is a map:

Help appreciated!!!

Thanks.

That is one of the ONLY faults of the cabin. Both bathrooms are enclosed within the bedrooms. We had 5 in our suite and fortunately we did not have any bathroom issues in the middle of the night from our guest on the couch. The second bedroom bathroom is just inside the bedroom door though. The next closest bathroom outside the cabin would be across from the concierge desk.

Edited by david_sobe

Thanks Dave.

The bathrooms in the pool/spa aren't accessible easily from the rooms?

So you would think we should book a room near the concierge bathroom and not 16001?

The spa is no where near 16001 on Epic. 16001 is deck 16 forward and the spa is deck 14 aft. The concierge lounge is down the hall from 16001.

You are not going to allow the 5th person to shower in the bathrooms either? If that is the case, they can use the gym men's locker room deck 14 aft.

Question about the bathtub/shower area...can people see in? We're also in the very front of the ship, lets say we'd have been neighbors had things gelled differently, so your experience with the windows will be mine as well. Many thanks!

The spa is no where near 16001 on Epic. 16001 is deck 16 forward and the spa is deck 14 aft. The concierge lounge is down the hall from 16001.

You are not going to allow the 5th person to shower in the bathrooms either? If that is the case, they can use the gym men's locker room deck 14 aft.

Dave, some confusion. Look at the RR's that are right next to 16001. It's the pool. They are much closer than the concierge RR. Are those accessible in the middle of the night? Yes, the 5th person will be able to shower in the 2nd room - that's not an issue.

Dave, some confusion. Look at the RR's that are right next to 16001. It's the pool. They are much closer than the concierge RR. Are those accessible in the middle of the night? Yes, the 5th person will be able to shower in the 2nd room - that's not an issue.

I see what you are talking about. But there is no door from the hallway in front of 16001 to the Haven area with the restrooms you mention. You would have to walk down the hall to the concierge lounge to enter that area. So I am guessing the concierge bathroom would be about the same hike. But I think there is a side door to the Haven so you might have me foiled and maybe those restrooms are a few steps closer. I dont see why they would be closed during the night but something you can ask when you get on board.

Edited by david_sobe

I see what you are talking about. But there is no door from the hallway in front of 16001 to the Haven area with the restrooms you mention. You would have to walk down the hall to the concierge lounge to enter that area. So I am guessing the concierge bathroom would be about the same hike. But I think there is a side door to the Haven so you might have me foiled and maybe those restrooms are a few steps closer. I dont see why they would be closed during the night but something you can ask when you get on board.

The question is - what room do we get? We could get a room right next to the concierge but it won't be 16001 and "extra big". Do you think it really makes a difference either way?

The question is - what room do we get? We could get a room right next to the concierge but it won't be 16001 and "extra big". Do you think it really makes a difference either way?

I am always hesitant to tell anyone what cabin to book. 16001 is nice and the extra room is mostly visible in the second bedroom. But is has a solarium that some may not like. For example, do you have any smokers in your group? They are allowed to smoke on the balcony so if this is wanted, 16001 would not work. Although the views from 16001 are very nice.

Anything on deck 16 is convienent to the Courtyard, Haven and Concierge lounge. Maybe someone can jump in and give you a good suggestion.

I am always hesitant to tell anyone what cabin to book. 16001 is nice and the extra room is mostly visible in the second bedroom. But is has a solarium that some may not like. For example, do you have any smokers in your group? They are allowed to smoke on the balcony so if this is wanted, 16001 would not work. Although the views from 16001 are very nice.

Anything on deck 16 is convienent to the Courtyard, Haven and Concierge lounge. Maybe someone can jump in and give you a good suggestion.

No smokers - just want to make sure the walk from 16001 to the concierge bathroom isn't very long because I think my brother is going to have to go every night! That said, will just be 1 person in the 2nd bedroom so having it be 3 feet bigger probably doesn't matter.