Photos: Epic Haven, 2 Bedroom Villa # 16001, and More

KJE Atlanta

• 4 weeks later...

thanks for all the pics, we are staying in 17001 in dec and cant wait. the only issue I see is how am i supposed to fish out of the front of the ship? hopefully the people below me will redirect my line where it needs to go. :rolleyes:

We are from ATL too, :-) headed down in Dec for our first cruise. Thanks for the posting. We are sailing on the EPIC and staying in 17001 and have a few questions

1) what beverages are included with the suite, what are the add ons?

2) Any thing to be wary of in the room? I have a 5 year old and want to make sure he will besafe and not fall from the front

3) any other advice for first time cruisers staying in the Haven?

We are from ATL too, :-) headed down in Dec for our first cruise. Thanks for the posting. We are sailing on the EPIC and staying in 17001 and have a few questions

1) what beverages are included with the suite, what are the add ons?

2) Any thing to be wary of in the room? I have a 5 year old and want to make sure he will besafe and not fall from the front

3) any other advice for first time cruisers staying in the Haven?

Where abouts in Atlanta? We are intown - in the Druid Hills/Emory/Candler Park area.

As for your questions:

1. Coffee and tea for the Lavazza machine, and one large bottled water, and one bottle of sparkling wine. You can also get complimentary milk, iced tea, and some juices from your butler. The fridge is stocked with mini-bar items that will be charged to your account. Other than the sparkling wine, no booze is included in this suite. Note: if you want to bring your own soft drinks, you can; just ask your steward or butler to clear out the fridge. We usually bring a 12 pack of Coke products.

2. Doors (like most cabins on ships) are heavy and can close forcefully so don't leave the 5 year old standing in doorways. As for the solarium door (the sliding glass door) - I believe there is a child safety lock on it. You should probably consider keeping that locked when you're not with the kid. Just because it's a solarium, if the kid is a climber, he/she could pretty easily climb up on the chairs and open the windows and lean out.

3. Enjoy everything! We loved it. A few tips:

-I would make it a point to go to the Cruise Critic meet & greet, as well as the reception for suite guests in Epic Lounge. You'll meet a lot of officers and top-level staff - which, in the unlikely event that something does go wrong, you'll have contacts to get things taken care of quickly.

-The short rib in Epic Club is excellent.

-Splurge and go to Le Bistro one night. Coq au vin is always delicious.

-The alcohol version of the frozen cherry limeade is deceptively (in a good way) potent.

-If you're even thinking about maybe getting the spa pass, do it. Even though you've got access to the courtyard, the spa on the Epic is great and so relaxing. It's on the back of the ship on 14 so it's a hike, but it's good exercise. Despite 4000 people on board, the spa was surprisingly un-crowded sometimes. Love the heated loungers, the vitality pool, the aft view from the spa's deck, plus saunas, steam rooms, hot tub, etc.

-Pull the shades down in the master bathroom before going to bed - the sun is bright in the morning.

-If you're doing the Cirque show, get the premium seating and meet the concierge ahead of time to be taken down early. You'll have your pick of the seats. We sat upstairs our first time (2010) and downstairs in the very front this last time. Both have their advantages, but if you want to be right next to the action, I'd choose the downstairs, front seating.

-Don't forget that if the Haven/Courtyard or Posh are crowded, there's another sun-deck (sometimes key only access for suite guests, sometimes not - and probably not open when underway) above you on 18 at the very front of the ship. [Not to be confused with the Freestyle Sun Deck (a small clothing optional area on 19 - which has great, fun people, but probably not the best idea for the 5 year old!).]

We are back on the Epic in a different suite in two weeks. If there's any specific question you want me to check on for you, just let me know. We're really looking forward to this one. The Mediterranean was great - but that cruise was very port intensive and exhausting. The Caribbean should be more relaxing! :D

wow, two others on in Dec for 17001. We're in 17001 in Dec as well I believe. Which means we have all the 17001's in Dec or we're double booked somewhere :-)

if we are double booked just remember that i sleep on my back and cant stand snoring :D

Perfect!! I appreciate the advice. The door insight will save a squished kid at some point in the trip, I am sure of it. He likes to play with heavy things for some reason.

We are in the Chateau Elan area, near Braselton

Where abouts in Atlanta? We are intown - in the Druid Hills/Emory/Candler Park area.

As for your questions:

1. Coffee and tea for the Lavazza machine, and one large bottled water, and one bottle of sparkling wine. You can also get complimentary milk, iced tea, and some juices from your butler. The fridge is stocked with mini-bar items that will be charged to your account. Other than the sparkling wine, no booze is included in this suite. Note: if you want to bring your own soft drinks, you can; just ask your steward or butler to clear out the fridge. We usually bring a 12 pack of Coke products.

2. Doors (like most cabins on ships) are heavy and can close forcefully so don't leave the 5 year old standing in doorways. As for the solarium door (the sliding glass door) - I believe there is a child safety lock on it. You should probably consider keeping that locked when you're not with the kid. Just because it's a solarium, if the kid is a climber, he/she could pretty easily climb up on the chairs and open the windows and lean out.

3. Enjoy everything! We loved it. A few tips:

-I would make it a point to go to the Cruise Critic meet & greet, as well as the reception for suite guests in Epic Lounge. You'll meet a lot of officers and top-level staff - which, in the unlikely event that something does go wrong, you'll have contacts to get things taken care of quickly.

-The short rib in Epic Club is excellent.

-Splurge and go to Le Bistro one night. Coq au vin is always delicious.

-The alcohol version of the frozen cherry limeade is deceptively (in a good way) potent.

-If you're even thinking about maybe getting the spa pass, do it. Even though you've got access to the courtyard, the spa on the Epic is great and so relaxing. It's on the back of the ship on 14 so it's a hike, but it's good exercise. Despite 4000 people on board, the spa was surprisingly un-crowded sometimes. Love the heated loungers, the vitality pool, the aft view from the spa's deck, plus saunas, steam rooms, hot tub, etc.

-Pull the shades down in the master bathroom before going to bed - the sun is bright in the morning.

-If you're doing the Cirque show, get the premium seating and meet the concierge ahead of time to be taken down early. You'll have your pick of the seats. We sat upstairs our first time (2010) and downstairs in the very front this last time. Both have their advantages, but if you want to be right next to the action, I'd choose the downstairs, front seating.

-Don't forget that if the Haven/Courtyard or Posh are crowded, there's another sun-deck (sometimes key only access for suite guests, sometimes not - and probably not open when underway) above you on 18 at the very front of the ship. [Not to be confused with the Freestyle Sun Deck (a small clothing optional area on 19 - which has great, fun people, but probably not the best idea for the 5 year old!).]

We are back on the Epic in a different suite in two weeks. If there's any specific question you want me to check on for you, just let me know. We're really looking forward to this one. The Mediterranean was great - but that cruise was very port intensive and exhausting. The Caribbean should be more relaxing! :D

Thank you KJE Atlanta for these great pictures! We are planning the same cruise in 2014 and in an S4 suite - now we are considering 16001 or 17001!

On the Epic diagram they are shown as handicapped accessible, so that would explain the wider room. Did you notice any difference in the bathrooms (i.e. grab bars in the shower)?

Also, do you know if smoking is allowed on the deck 18 sun deck above the deck 17 suites? That might make me choose deck 16 instead.

Thanks for all of your information! It is much appreciated by future Epic Haven cruisers like myself!

Thank you KJE Atlanta for these great pictures! We are planning the same cruise in 2014 and in an S4 suite - now we are considering 16001 or 17001!

On the Epic diagram they are shown as handicapped accessible, so that would explain the wider room. Did you notice any difference in the bathrooms (i.e. grab bars in the shower)?

Also, do you know if smoking is allowed on the deck 18 sun deck above the deck 17 suites? That might make me choose deck 16 instead.

Thanks for all of your information! It is much appreciated by future Epic Haven cruisers like myself!

I do not believe these suites are designated handicap accessible. On the deck plans, handicap rooms are noted with a solid square. The unfilled square outline was probably added to these to denote a solarium instead of traditional open balcony. All of the front facing suites have this symbol on the deck plans and I know that the other front facing S4s (besides 16001 and 17001) are standard width. Plus, I did not notice any special handicap features in the cabin.

As for smoking on deck 18, I never saw anyone smoking up there but don't know whether it is prohibited. I will check in two weeks and let you know.

• 1 month later...
Your pictures made me splurge and book 16001 for Easter break 2014. We chose this cabin over 17001 so my kids could be closer to the courtyard pool. I love the idea of the soalrium vs. an open balcony with kids :)

Enjoy. 16001 was great. We've got 17001 booked for next Thanksgiving.

Hi EileenN - So you are from Rocklin CA also? :)

Actually we changed our minds and booked the Spirit for our Mediterranean cruise in summer 2014. Just couldn't pass up the 12 day itinerary and seeing Greece and Turkey (and Venice).

So no Haven suite for us, although we did book a penthouse connected to a balcony room for the kiddos.

Be sure to post about your Epic cruise! Would love to read about it! Especially about the Italian ports.

I'm looking at these pictures of the Epic and I am blown away!! I'll be sailing on her on March 2.

I saw that someone posted that the spa fee is $119 dollars per person. Is that just to use the spa (hot tubs) or does that include manicures, messages, things like that?

:-) Norwegian Epic here we come!!

I saw that someone posted that the spa fee is $119 dollars per person. Is that just to use the spa (hot tubs) or does that include manicures, messages, things like that?

That's just for the thermal suite. That includes the thalassotherapy pool, hot tubs, ceramic loungers, locker room, steam and sauna. I have also read that the price has gone up to ~$150 for an individual for the week.

I'm booked on the Epic 51 weeks from now. Posts like this have me really excited!:p