Photos: Epic Haven, 2 Bedroom Villa # 16001, and More

KJE Atlanta

And that's it. Hope this helps anyone trying to decide about 16001 on the Epic.

:D

Thank you so much for posting! I've watched a youtube of that suite, but your pictures do it much more justice. :)

I'm presently booked in #16008 (with friends booked next door in #16010), but am thinking we might need to jump to forward now....

Though, hmmm, deck 16 or 17? I've read that the 17 deck is noisy due to the sundeck above, and I like that 16 is on the same level as the restaurant, etc. But if a gang of kids would be above us on 16 that would be bad too. We were in the Grand Suite (L302) on the Grand Princess for our 25th anniversary years ago, and the Youth and Teen center was directly above. It sounded like someone was bouncing a basketball over our heads every single evening until around midnight, so really don't want to go through that again LOL.

Decisions, decisions. But a nice decision to ponder. I don't have ESP but I feel a call to our PCC is in my future :D

If you don't mind me asking did you have any 3rd and 4th person deals where they paid less then the 1st and 2nd? If so how much? Thanks, Kim

I just wanted to jump in and tell ripjerry95 that, as of right now, on our January cruise 3rd and 4th are pricing out at $399pp plus taxes :)

Thank you so much for posting! I've watched a youtube of that suite, but your pictures do it much more justice. :)

I'm presently booked in #16008 (with friends booked next door in #16010), but am thinking we might need to jump to forward now....

Though, hmmm, deck 16 or 17? I've read that the 17 deck is noisy due to the sundeck above, and I like that 16 is on the same level as the restaurant, etc. But if a gang of kids would be above us on 16 that would be bad too. We were in the Grand Suite (L302) on the Grand Princess for our 25th anniversary years ago, and the Youth and Teen center was directly above. It sounded like someone was bouncing a basketball over our heads every single evening until around midnight, so really don't want to go through that again LOL.

Decisions, decisions. But a nice decision to ponder. I don't have ESP but I feel a call to our PCC is in my future :D

Can you post the link to the youtube video

I could not find anything

THANKS

Can you post the link to the youtube video

I could not find anything

THANKS

I will try and find it again - I knew I should have saved it! It's in a tour of cabins, and I can remember liking 16001 but being unsure of the enclosed balcony.

I had shown it to and asked my husband if he liked that solarium balcony better. He didn't think so, but now (after the great pics) I regret not taking it. :o

I already shot an email off to my PCC and received an automatic answer back that he is out of the office until October 1, so I will have to call the regular number tomorrow to check availability. If not available, oh well, we can always take another Epic cruise again, right LOL

I'll post the video info here as soon as I find it again :)

I will try and find it again - I knew I should have saved it! It's in a tour of cabins, and I can remember liking 16001 but being unsure of the enclosed balcony.

I had shown it to and asked my husband if he liked that solarium balcony better. He didn't think so, but now (after the great pics) I regret not taking it. :o

I already shot an email off to my PCC and received an automatic answer back that he is out of the office until October 1, so I will have to call the regular number tomorrow to check availability. If not available, oh well, we can always take another Epic cruise again, right LOL

I'll post the video info here as soon as I find it again :)

I have seen youtube videos of 2 bedroom suites on Epic with a solaium but not the larger ones 16001 and 17001

When I sail, I will be creating one ;)

I found an image online of a standard S4 2-Bedroom Villa Living Room for comparison. The first picture (with the orange chairs/curtains) is the standard size. The second picture (with the fuchsia chairs/curtains) is a picture I took of the larger living room in 16001 (I thought I had posted this one in an earlier post, but it looks like I doubled up on the same shot).

Standard Category S4 Living Room:

standardepicvilla_zps09f44eb3.jpg?t=1348444931

16001 (Category S4) Larger Living Room:

025_zps89e9fd7c.jpg?t=1348390062

Thanks for the comparison.

I have seen youtube videos of 2 bedroom suites on Epic with a solaium but not the larger ones 16001 and 17001

When I sail, I will be creating one ;)

Yes I know, it seems I have looked at every single thing I could find on the Epic too so they all kind of run together, but I'm 99% sure this one had the picture of the door 16001, then they walked in and it showed the room. I don't think they even went out onto the balcony, just moved the curtain to show it. Plus I think it was an avi post, but this morning when I tried using "Epic avi" to search there was 40,500 results! :eek: So instead of trying to go through those I'm going to have to remember how I found to go to it in the first place (which review, etc).

BTW, as I said previously my PCC is out until October 1, so this morning when I called in to check on 16001 or 17001 I had to talk to someone else. Both rooms were unavailable on my sailing (boo hoo) and when I asked another question about the wrong cabin number shown on my invoice that I just noticed during the call - an invoice that my PCC just sent me on 9/19....well all I can say is this guy really shouldn't be in any position dealing with customer relations. Super rude and condescending and "click" that was me hanging up on him, and I don't do that. JMO but you really shouldn't make booked clients consider cancelling altogether LOL.

Just want to thank KJE Atlanta one more time for taking the time to post this review and ALL these pictures. The cabin comparison is amazing and has been written about but your photos tell the story. You have me keep coming to this thread so much that I actually saved this thread to my favorites on my computer.

The photos and descriptions of cabins on this board is the best. It is so much better than anything NCL would offer. In fact, NCL should pay some posters here to use their reviews and photographs. The best cruise photos are always here on CC!!

Just want to thank KJE Atlanta one more time for taking the time to post this review and ALL these pictures.

From me too! Thanks KJE Atlanta - and NCL, you do realize KJE has single handedly started a run on those two particular cabins now, right? LOL :D

You are all very welcome. What I tried to remember when we were on board were all the questions I had when we first booked this suite and then tried to take photos so if others were curious like me, they could "see" for themselves.

I hope this doesn't cause NCL to create a new category - "S4 and a half" for these suites. :eek: ;) :)

And here's one last bonus: I just uploaded to youtube the video I took of our solarium/balcony in 16001. You can find it here:

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review and the wonderful pictures. These pictures are awsome. I will keep coming back to this thread to make my time pass until January. I also appreciate you taking the time to post the Epic menus. I have read & reread them several times already. Can anyone tell I am anxious to get on the ship?? :D

We sailed on the Norwegian Epic from September 2nd through 9th on a Western Mediterranean itinerary. We stayed in the forward facing "Haven 2-Bedroom Family Villa" # 16001 (category S4). We have sailed in Haven/Courtyard suites on the Jewel-class ships before and did some research (thank you fellow CCers) ahead of this sailing so we had a pretty good idea of what to expect. We had a great time and really enjoyed the Haven and this cabin/suite on the Epic. :D

Here a a few quick observations:

Size: As others have reported, 16001 -and, as I understand it, its counterpart above, 17001 - are wider than the standard Category S4 2-Bedroom Family Villas. We looked in a few standard S4s when disembarking and estimate that 16001 (and 17001) are about 3 feet or so wider (noticeable in the living room and the 2nd/smaller bedroom). We also think they are slightly deeper too. There was plenty of room in this suite to accommodate 2 couples comfortably. My younger brother and his wife stayed in the smaller bedroom and said they slept great in there.

Location: 16001 is all the way front and it's a big ship, which means, if you're going to the back of the ship (Manhattan Room, Mandara Spa, Spice H2O), it's a long hike (but good exercise). The Garden Cafe is located right below you though, so that's convenient (especially when you get a craving for crepes). Views are incredible.

Elevators: Seemed to be more crowded and take longer than we remember from our last trip on the Epic. We take the stairs a lot so this wasn't that big of a deal. On disembarkation day, the concierge takes you down the freight elevator and you walk right off the ship, which was awesome and a huge time-saver.

Movement: Seas were rather rough the first night heading east from Barcelona and the ship was rocking. Being high and forward, you could definitely feel the movement in the cabin (but to be honest, you could feel it a lot throughout the ship, including midship on lower decks). We take Bonine once a day when we cruise, so the rocking wasn't a problem. And after the first night, it was pretty calm for the rest of the trip.

Storage: Plentiful storage almost everywhere. The only place it was a little tight was in the smaller bedroom/bathroom (and it wasn't that there wasn't enough space; there just wasn't as much extra space as there was in the master bedroom, master bathroom, and living/dining areas).

Noise: Quiet for 22 hours a day. The family above us had young kids and most evenings (around 5:00 or 6:00 p.m.), they would discharge their excess energy by doing what kids do: running, jumping, shrieking, and - what really sounded like - horseback riding (though we never saw a horse :rolleyes:). It was annoying while it was going on, but fortunately it only lasted for an hour or two. We "had" this same cabin booked for next Thanksgiving, but have now switched to 17001 to avoid kids above us (it will be Thanksgiving, so we thought the chances of kids being in there was pretty high). I think if it were just adults up there, the noise wouldn't be that bad.

Temperature: The air-conditioning was not working when we first got to the room. We were told that they were working on it. It was very warm the first day. By that night, the air-conditioning was working better. After that, it was always comfortable, but we could never get it to be really cool (like we have in/on other cabins/ships).

Solarium: Being forward facing, these suites have solariums instead of balconies. We weren't sure how we would like it - but as it turns out, it was fantastic. It's a good size (wider and a little deeper than the standard S4 balconies), there are two windows that open easily (even while underway), it has its own thermostat, and it's just freaking cool to be front and center. The views, as I said, were amazing.

Service: Very good in the Haven and basically everywhere on the ship. Smiles all around. :)

And now for some photos (there's a bunch, so it will take me a few posts to get them all on here):

353a_zpsdb3ab5c2.jpg?t=1348389975

That sounds awesome! Maybe I can change my Suite before my cruise in April, if there are any available.

Those were fantastic photos. Thanks!

I'm now considering a forward facing suite. I'll have to run it by my family only because I'm unsure how they'd react to the solarium idea as opposed to a balcony.

Just curious. Am I safe in presuming there is some sort of shade to pull down over the window in the show/bathtub? Or are they one-way windows or something?

It just seems funny because on port days we'll probably already be tied up at the pier by the time I'm in the shower. And it would seem strange to look down at the port area and see all the people walking around while I'm standing there in my birthday suit. :D

Those were fantastic photos. Thanks!

I'm now considering a forward facing suite. I'll have to run it by my family only because I'm unsure how they'd react to the solarium idea as opposed to a balcony.

Just curious. Am I safe in presuming there is some sort of shade to pull down over the window in the show/bathtub? Or are they one-way windows or something?

It just seems funny because on port days we'll probably already be tied up at the pier by the time I'm in the shower. And it would seem strange to look down at the port area and see all the people walking around while I'm standing there in my birthday suit. :D

Yes there are shades that pull down over the tub and in shower to block sunlight from coming in. You dont need to worry about people seeing in even when the shades are not pulled down because the windows are mirrored on the outside. No one can see in.

Yes there are shades that pull down over the tub and in shower to block sunlight from coming in. You dont need to worry about people seeing in even when the shades are not pulled down because the windows are mirrored on the outside. No one can see in.

Unless maybe when its dark outside and the light is on in the bathroom. Someone should check ;)

Unless maybe when its dark outside and the light is on in the bathroom. Someone should check ;)

Good point Mike. I hadn't thought about that. Most of the time when it's dark, you'd be at sea so not an issue, but maybe on some early port days and disembarkation morning before the sun comes up, it could be an issue. The windows were so mirrored, I'd like to think even in those situations it would still be hard to see in, but who knows? Either way, doesn't really bother me. But there are shades that can be pulled down for those who want to guarantee privacy.

Your photos make me want to book a suite or villa so bad! But since we already have to get an inside room every other year to be able to cruise once per year, I'm thinking we'd have to space out our cruises more, and I'm not okay with that. Your pictures were beautiful.