Palma de Malloca to Valldemossa...

timandnancy

Old information here but we didn't do it by bus or taxi ...

In February 1972 (and again in 1982) we had a car and drove. I don't recall it being a long drive from Palma. (But we did an all-day drive and this was just one stop so maybe my brain is spaghetti.)

In November 2005 we met a friend who lives in Mallorca who drove us in that direction, although we didn't stop there. We continued on to Fornalutx which is a favorite of ours in Mallorca.

It should be do-able. I think if we were going back and Gwen couldn't take us, we'd opt for a cab.

Just guessing, though.

Mura

Anyone ever do this by the local bus?? How long does it take, how easy or complicated is it?? How "bout by taxi??

Thanks!

Tim

Hi , I live in Majorca 6 months of the year and it is quite a long journey to the bus station as the port is 20 min ride in a taxi, If you do want a taxi I have one the owner speaks perfect english.

If you want any information on the island I am on shoeuk( at) hotmail (dot ) com.

We didn't go to Valledemossa but we went to Soller on our Oceania June 6. The Riviera was in port from 8 to 10 pm so we decided to take the tram to Soller and the bus back. The bus ride is great and inexpensive and really doesn't take that long. The tram was a waste of money. We should have taken the bus both ways.

Oceania ran a shuttle from the dock to the old town by the main docking area. We walked across the street and into the old town and caught a bus at Plaza de la Reina to getto the Plaza Espana Palma. I think it was the #15 or #25 and took about 20 minutes. The bus numbers and routes are posted on the poles by the bus stops. There are a couple of buses that go to the main plaza. Plaza Espana Palma is where the terminus is for the buses, trains and tram.

You go into the main terminus and catch the L210. This bus makes a stop at Valledemossa. From the terminus to Vallemossa is about 30 minutes.

Here is the bus schedule. Just download the PDF.

http://www.tib.org/en/web/ctm/autobus/linia/210

You can go by train and it is a lovely, scenic journey. The train station is in Plaza Espana so you could take a taxi there and then board the train. I'm sure you would find schedules on the internet. Valldemossa is lovely, all cobbled streets and flower containers.

Ok, so the main bus terminal in Palma is not really near where the shuttle bus drops you off. What about in Valldemossa, does the bus drop you off right in the center of town?? And on the return to Palma, are cabs plentiful at the bus station to get back to the center of town??

Thanks for all the help!!

Tim

Ok, so the main bus terminal in Palma is not really near where the shuttle bus drops you off. What about in Valldemossa, does the bus drop you off right in the center of town?? And on the return to Palma, are cabs plentiful at the bus station to get back to the center of town??

Tim

The bus stops in the center of the towns but the bus stops are literally a stop on the road. I never saw cabs.

We just returned from our second time in Palma. On our first tour we used a private guide for the Cathedral, Valdemossa and Deia. All were lovely. This time we took the bus to Soller and a taxi (8 Euros each way) to Port Soller and then returned on the vintage train out of Soller. Just a word of caution, the intercity buses are located on the lower level of Plaza Espanya. There are some elevators that you take to get to them. There is an information booth on the lower level which can tell you in which bay your bus is located. You pay on the bus and our fare was only about 2-3 Euros per person. We took a taxi from Riviera to Plaza Espanya. I think it was about 10 Euros in light early morning traffic. After walking some of the pedestrian streets upon our return, we simply flagged another cab for our return to the ship.

Tim

You look set to try the bus, If you walk from the port on a bridge that goes over the main seafront road(Paseo Maritimo), walk up the small hill about 8mins you come to avenue Joan Miro.

Get on No3 bus will take you to the Plaza Espanya Main bus terminal in about 20mins.

Valldermosa is a very small village off the main road, one main street leading to Chopins residence when he was in Majorca.

This is a one destination stop which will take at the most 1 hour then it would be back to Palma and you will miss seeing more of this beautiful island.

Archived