Yogurt?

blondietink

No Greek style yogurt. I wish they did have it, or at least decent "regular" yogurt.

The brand of yogurt they have now is a German brand, if I remember correctly. It tastes cheap and not very yogurty (if that makes any sense). It doesn't have that "tang" or "sourness" that "real" yogurt should have. Heck, I don't even think it has active yogurt culture in it.:rolleyes:

I think there were 2 or 3 flavours available.

Edited by ShakyBeef
capitalization

I seem to remember regular Dannon and Yoppait low fat but they may have changed. No Greek but that has so much sugar I wouldn't touch it anyway.

Yes, it used to be one of those brands. They replaced it awhile back with this current brand. Probably because it's cheaper.

The peach flavour of the current brand is shown in the upper right of this photo:

ND3_0150.jpg

Thanks for the replies! I guess I will have to live without my Greek style and will give the ship's brand a try.

Sorry, my reply not about the yogurt, but I noticed your ship and sail date. I was booked on that cruise, and had to cancel, because of illness in my family. My mom is slowly getting better, but there is no way I can cruise right now, nor for the forseeable future.

Blondietink, will you please post a review when you get back? I know that sometimes or often, people are mean when someone posts a review, that says 95 pc was great but this 5pc was not, and they get mad at your because it wasnt 100pc perfect, but I would just love to hear a word or two about the cruise. I truly hope that you have an awesome cruise, and I have been on Liberty before, so I already know it is great ship. Just would love to hear some review of the ports of call that I so much wanted to visit. So, hope you have a great cruise, and hope to hear about your cruise when you get back.:)

Sorry, my reply not about the yogurt, but I noticed your ship and sail date. I was booked on that cruise, and had to cancel, because of illness in my family. My mom is slowly getting better, but there is no way I can cruise right now, nor for the forseeable future.

Blondietink, will you please post a review when you get back? I know that sometimes or often, people are mean when someone posts a review, that says 95 pc was great but this 5pc was not, and they get mad at your because it wasnt 100pc perfect, but I would just love to hear a word or two about the cruise. I truly hope that you have an awesome cruise, and I have been on Liberty before, so I already know it is great ship. Just would love to hear some review of the ports of call that I so much wanted to visit. So, hope you have a great cruise, and hope to hear about your cruise when you get back.:)

I will post a review, as will others as we have a group on Facebook that started out here on CC that is growing by leaps and bounds. It might take me a while, though, as we are going to Disney World the week after our cruise ..... gives us a chance to walk off all the weight we will gain eating all that cruise food! LOL! wishing your mom well, and hope you can get to cruise again sometime in the future!

I will post a review, as will others as we have a group on Facebook that started out here on CC that is growing by leaps and bounds. It might take me a while, though, as we are going to Disney World the week after our cruise ..... gives us a chance to walk off all the weight we will gain eating all that cruise food! LOL! wishing your mom well, and hope you can get to cruise again sometime in the future!

Thanks, I will be patient!:) Have wonderful vacation!:)

Cruised on the Pride in August and the current "off brand" yogurt they are using is horrible. It has a very "non-yogurty" taste and to me it tasted very artificial. Very disappointed that I couldn't get a decent tasting yogurt in the morning!

• 4 years later...

I was on the Dream and they are still using that yougurt. Peach is the only flavored one that isn't sweetened with High Fructose Corn Syrup. It's strange that it's made in Germany. I thought that the EU sets limits on HFCS.

Edited by QNTMLPR

I seem to recall that on our last cruises there was yogurt available for breakfast on the Lido. But is it regular yogurt or is there Greek yogurt available? Much prefer the Greek yogurt myself.

Plenty of Yogurt, never noticed Greek though.