How do you get a fridge on a cruise??

kiraryker

I have been on 3 and have yet gotten a room with a fridge?? Do you have to request one? We always book a balcony

It is in a cabinet is there a change you just didn't open the correct cabinet? What ships have you been on?

The Dream has a fridge in every cabin so you must have missed it. Destiny and Triumph only have fridges in suites. From Carnival:

Ships equipped with mini-bars are:

CARNIVAL BREEZE

CARNIVAL CONQUEST

CARNIVAL DREAM

CARNIVAL FREEDOM

CARNIVAL GLORY

CARNIVAL LEGEND

CARNIVAL LIBERTY

CARNIVAL MAGIC

CARNIVAL MIRACLE

CARNIVAL PRIDE

CARNIVAL SPIRIT

CARNIVAL SPLENDOR

CARNIVAL VALOR

http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/cruise_control/EMB_guest_specials_requirements.aspx

Then you just missed it on the Dream. I think that is the only ship you have been on with one.

There is a big box in the corner beside the closets that usually has some books on it........it's locked during embarkation and usually your cabin steward will unlock it when he does turn down service the 1st evening.

Everything in there incurs a charge when used.

Yes the Magic and all Conquest class ships have fridges. All cabin types too.

No we pretty much use all our space in the cabin - so i'm sure we would've seen one

we were on: Dream

Destiny

Triumph

We are going on the Magic next - I hope we have one do they have them in all the rooms?

I am almost sure the Dream has a fridge in every cabin and so does the Magic. Are you sure you didn't just miss it?

OH! Maybe on the dream it was locked the whole time thats why we missed it - darn

So we need to tell our cabin steward to unlock it? If it has stuff in it can we just take it out and put our pop/water/wine in there instead?

If you wish to use it, have your room steward unlock it and rmove the items. If you unlock it and remove the items yourself, you might get charged for something you didn't use. But since these aren't true refrigerators, you might be better served bringing a collapsible cooler in your luggage and having the room steward refresh the ice each day or as needed.

[/color]

If you wish to use it, have your room steward unlock it and rmove the items. If you unlock it and remove the items yourself, you might get charged for something you didn't use. But since these aren't true refrigerators, you might be better served bringing a collapsible cooler in your luggage and having the room steward refresh the ice each day or as needed.

I see people say this all the time but the room stewards are not suppose to empty them, I asked once and was told he could not do that. Since so many say they don't really keep stuff that cold I just ignore them. We bring a small collapsible cooler and the room steward keeps it filled with ice. We only bring Pepsi and water so it works well for us.

I have been on 3 and have yet gotten a room with a fridge?? Do you have to request one? We always book a balcony

From what I understand from the Carnival FAQ's, they are not actually a 'fridge'. They are basically meant to 'maintain' temperature. Not for use with anything like an insulin that needs to be kept at a particular temperature, they offer an alternative for that.

I see people say this all the time but the room stewards are not suppose to empty them, I asked once and was told he could not do that.

When our Pride steward said he couldn't empty the fridge, we did it ourselves and just stacked the contents on the shelves over the desk. I made a list of the contents so they couldn't accuse us later of having consumed any of it. On the last night, the steward put their stuff back and relocked the fridge, leaving our stuff out on the desk. :cool:

Ours fridge on the Pride kept our drinks very cold. We took out all of the Carnival drinks in there and put our stuff in, and then put everything back the last night. We also were able to fit our wine in there to chill it. Maybe ours stayed so cold because we rarely opened it.

Archived