Documents

Ginnyjen

Just got an e-mail from HAL requesting me to print my docs as soon as possible. Our cruise is not until Nov. and we don't even have a cabin assignment yet. Anyone know why so early?

They always do this to let you know your edocs are ready. You can certainly wait until you get your cabin. Once you are within 3 weeks or so, might be wortwhile to click on the site to see if your cabin has been assigned:)

No worries - no panic - just don't forget to print later;)

I print my docs when they are ready even though I don't have a cabin assignment. There is info on them I'd like to know ahead of time.(how many formal nights). When I have a cabin assignment then I only print page 1. This has worked for me.

We only ever have printed just boarding passes. Any questions as to the cruise contract are all in favor of the cruiseline so no reason to bother looking it up. :D

We've never needed the boarding pass when we check in but I always bring them 'just in case'. They may have looked at it once or twice but never collected them.

About 50 days before a cruise, HAL sends everyone a reminder that your documents can be printed out.

Inever fill out the information until about 2 weeks before we leave.

Then I only print out the 1st page of the Signature Boarding Pass and our luggage tags.

To print the docs twice is ridiculous with 10 pages of stuff you don't really need. Uses up a lot of paper and toner. The first page is okay. The luggage tags don't get printed until I know the cabin assignment.

Don't forget that you can look at the docs whenever you want without wasting any paper or ink to print them.

We always download ours to have them available for quick and easy viewing without needing to log on.

Then we delete them after the cruise is over.

The only thing we print is the first page of the boarding pass.

Even if you lose that, you will still be able to board your ship because they can look you up in the system.

But at the entry to some ports with high security, it is handy to show the boarding pass together with your passport to gain easy access to the port without needing to go through an explanation.

We find it easiest to read the cruise docs on the screen because we can each adjust the size of the small print to suit our own eyes, with or without reading glasses.

Don't forget that you can look at the docs whenever you want without wasting any paper or ink to print them.

We always download ours to have them available for quick and easy viewing without needing to log on.

Then we delete them after the cruise is over.

The only thing we print is the first page of the boarding pass.

Even if you lose that, you will still be able to board your ship because they can look you up in the system.

But at the entry to some ports with high security, it is handy to show the boarding pass together with your passport to gain easy access to the port without needing to go through an explanation.

We find it easiest to read the cruise docs on the screen because we can each adjust the size of the small print to suit our own eyes, with or without reading glasses.

Perfect.

No need to waste paper and ink to print out all the pages of the cruise contract.....

only print the boarding pass. :)

Some ports may require proof of travel to even enter their parking areas. I agree with printing out only the boarding pass and luggage tags once I know the room number.

I would always have the boarding pass because security will only get tighter.

Archived