Oasis of the Seas Boarding Photo

Railengr

I was wondering if the ship's photographer took photos of the passengers while they are first boarding the Oasis after check-in.

Many years ago I sailed Holland American and they took you picture as you entered the ship

Thank you in advance

Gene

They also swipe your SeaPass card and use facial recognition technology so that you can view all the photos they take throughout the cruise on a kiosk on deck 6, just by swiping your SeaPass card. So that first photo in the terminal is a good one to have them take.

There are now 2 reasons for this boarding photo. 1st, you can purchase it as a momento but more important the photo is used by the facial recognition system so that photos taken by the Oasis photographers on the ship can be automatically sorted by cabin #.

The only photo we purchase, for our cruise wall.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LOL Sorry, but it's funny that the only photo you purchase is the one not on the ship with a fake background

Not being smart just made me laugh.

Oh my...they will be taking photos ALL the time, including when you board! No worries about not getting pictures taken!

However, I do recommend that if you skip the boarding pic, hand a photographer your Seapass to swipe for a subsequent picture so your photos end up in your picture folder. On a recent Allure cruise, my wife and I elected to skip the boarding pic and mid-week noticed that we had no photos to view although we had taken a few.

Archived