cabin change not requested

aoverby

Our ta had changed our cabin the other day, at our request. I had logged in that night and saw the change was made. I just logged in again and it's been changed again to a different cabin, right next door, but we did not request that change. I have a message out to our ta but any ideas on how this could have happened?

Our ta had changed our cabin the other day, at our request. I had logged in that night and saw the change was made. I just logged in again and it's been changed again to a different cabin, right next door, but we did not request that change. I have a message out to our ta but any ideas on how this could have happened?

when you make your booking if you dont request your TA to mark your booking no upgrade princess can move you anywhere on the ship and they dont have to ask you

Is the cabin you requested one that is HC accessible? I think they try to hold those until the last minute. Otherwise, maybe it was a connecting cabin and someone needed two together that could connect. Seems weird that they'd move you one cabin over. :confused:

Since it's just next door, what's wrong with it? I realize it's not what you had, but curious as to why next door would be a problem.

Because we had changed to E731 which has the larger balcony. Now we're moved to the one next door and we didn't ask for the change.

OK. I now understand why you don't want 729. The change happened because your TA didn't mark the account "no upgrade" when you received 731. That made you fair game and sent you back into the "pot."

OK. I now understand why you don't want 729. The change happened because your TA didn't mark the account "no upgrade" when you received 731. That made you fair game and sent you back into the "pot."

Aren't these both in the same category? If so, once assigned E731, there should be no lateral reassignment.

Because we had changed to E731 which has the larger balcony. Now we're moved to the one next door and we didn't ask for the change.

Wow....if I nabbed that cabin, as I once did, I wouldn't be happy at all moving at E729 -- which I have also been in. Good thing the sailing in E729 was before the one in E731. I hope you are able to straighten this out. I know my TA is very particular about asking me if I want an upgrade or want to keep the room I booked.

Well, can't get ahold of our TA until Monday. I called Princess though. Yes, we were changed to E731 on Wednesday, at our request. On Thursday we were changed to E729 NOT at our request. The rep said it wasn't properly noted so he really didn't know why it was changed. Said something about an upgrade but this certainly wasn't an upgrade as they're both AD category. And we have it noted no upgrade other than to a full suite. He said to have our TA call Customer Relations on Monday morning and, in his words, "right this wrong". How do you think they can do that? What should we be asking for to make this right? Or what do you think they will offer us?

Well, can't get ahold of our TA until Monday. I called Princess though. Yes, we were changed to E731 on Wednesday, at our request. On Thursday we were changed to E729 NOT at our request. The rep said it wasn't properly noted so he really didn't know why it was changed. Said something about an upgrade but this certainly wasn't an upgrade as they're both AD category. And we have it noted no upgrade other than to a full suite. He said to have our TA call Customer Relations on Monday morning and, in his words, "right this wrong". How do you think they can do that? What should we be asking for to make this right? Or what do you think they will offer us?

I understand why you are upset. We are booked on the Crown in E731 and if they changed us, I would really be mad. I hope we don't have an issue. I think if I were you, I would tell the TA to ask for full suite. After all, that was the condition of you being moved so that is what they should give you, I think. If they are not going to abide by their new choices, there's no point in having them.

Not to hijack the thread, but what is that grey-brown area by E731 and next to E733? Is there a door there?

It's a stairwell, one on each side of the ship, that's used by the crew, and also used by passengers during the muster drill and if there were an emergency.

Different situation and no TA. I made a reservation through Princess and was amazed at how many things were 'included' without my consent. Travel insurance, transfer's, the bed arrangement, and yes, it was marked as upgradeable even though I had said I didn't want an upgrade. ( I had also said I didn't want travel insurance and we are a married couple so twins is NOT what we wanted, but what we were set for...:mad:) In the end the person I made the reservation with screwed us! OTOH, everyone I've dealt with since then seems to be doing better---however I will be asking for email confirmation that we are not IN the upgrade pot........I do not want to lose the room we reserved. I feel like this has been a crap shoot and that's not a good way to start a cruise experience...............:confused:

Nope, not that. It's marked upgrade to full suite only. Not to another mini-suite. I'm confused as to what has happened. I know I saw the correct change the other night.

Huh? As far as I know, there is no such thing. It's either "accept" or "will not accept". You can't put conditions and caveats on your possible upgrade.

Different situation and no TA. I made a reservation through Princess and was amazed at how many things were 'included' without my consent. Travel insurance, transfer's, the bed arrangement, and yes, it was marked as upgradeable even though I had said I didn't want an upgrade. ( I had also said I didn't want travel insurance and we are a married couple so twins is NOT what we wanted, but what we were set for...:mad:) In the end the person I made the reservation with screwed us! OTOH, everyone I've dealt with since then seems to be doing better---however I will be asking for email confirmation that we are not IN the upgrade pot........I do not want to lose the room we reserved. I feel like this has been a crap shoot and that's not a good way to start a cruise experience...............:confused:

In their current format, they won't be able to provide an email confirmation stating that, sorry. I wish it was on the passenger confirmation, but it isn't. Your TA has to search for it online and even then, it's very hard to find once the booking is made or, it requires a phone call into Princess. Then, you have to trust that the rep. is giving the correct info.

I had a big family group going on a cruise once. I specifically set the beds up exactly the way everyone wanted them on each & every booking. I re-checked to make sure it was all correct. They all got onboard the ship and 13 out of 15 cabins had their beds in the wrong configuration. Talk about irritating!

Huh? As far as I know, there is no such thing. It's either "accept" or "will not accept". You can't put conditions and caveats on your possible upgrade.

Princess has three upgrade choices now: no upgrade, any upgrade, and upgrade to higher category only (such as an inside to an ocean view or a balcony to a mini).

Bill, did you look at the deck plan? 731 has a larger balcony than 729.

I realize that.

The Op was upgraded to 731 and then mysteriously changed to 729 and it was suggested that the OP having booked a GTY could be moved around at will.

Since the OP was assigned 731, there should not have been any change to another cabin in the same category.

I had a big family group going on a cruise once. I specifically set the beds up exactly the way everyone wanted them on each & every booking. I re-checked to make sure it was all correct. They all got onboard the ship and 13 out of 15 cabins had their beds in the wrong configuration. Talk about irritating!

I have the feeling that bed requests are never really looked at. The cabin stewards have a great deal of work on turnaround day and I think they just leave them in whatever configuration the previous occupants had. Then if requested by the new occupant, the steward will change the configuration to the desired one.

The beds can be moved easily.........it's the rooms that are my concern. So I have to trust the Princess rep after the first one basically did everything possible to make "trust" a four letter word. I will be asking for an email from Princess that states our "no upgrade" status........this isn't rocket science.

Archived