Coco Cay Cabana rental

jbullock403

My wife and I are head to Coco Cay in November on Monarch and had some questions about the cabanas. I have read many of the threads on here about them, but they are all over a year old.

Has anyone been there in the past couple months? If you have do you have any pictures of them? From what I read on here they were planning on making improvements, have they? And has anyone rented them? Did they sell out?

Any help with these questions would be great. Thanks in advance.

My wife and I are head to Coco Cay in November on Monarch and had some questions about the cabanas. I have read many of the threads on here about them, but they are all over a year old.

Has anyone been there in the past couple months? If you have do you have any pictures of them? From what I read on here they were planning on making improvements, have they? And has anyone rented them? Did they sell out?

Any help with these questions would be great. Thanks in advance.

We were at Coco Cay last week. They have added about 9 larger, more elaborate cabanas to the ones they had before. The have moved to cabanettes (small, clamshell type) to another part of the island, so they now have 3 older cabanas and 9 of the new larger type.

The new ones go for $200 for the day and include 4 large bottles of water, a bottle of champagne, a fruit plate, floating mats, snorkel gear, and an expanded lunch. The lunch includes grilled seafood, chicken, and beef skewers.

Sorry, no photos handy.

We were at Coco Cay last week. They have added about 9 larger, more elaborate cabanas to the ones they had before. The have moved to cabanettes (small, clamshell type) to another part of the island, so they now have 3 older cabanas and 9 of the new larger type.

The new ones go for $200 for the day and include 4 large bottles of water, a bottle of champagne, a fruit plate, floating mats, snorkel gear, and an expanded lunch. The lunch includes grilled seafood, chicken, and beef skewers.

Sorry, no photos handy.

Only 3 older ones?? Dang, I thought there were more than that. And 11 total, how could there ever be any left beyond what the suite guests take? Sure puts a damper on my hopes to get one in a few weeks (we are non-suite guests). Bummer. Anyone know how many people the new ones will accommodate?

Only 3 older ones?? Dang, I thought there were more than that. And 11 total, how could there ever be any left beyond what the suite guests take? Sure puts a damper on my hopes to get one in a few weeks (we are non-suite guests). Bummer. Anyone know how many people the new ones will accommodate?

The new ones have 2 loungers in the front area, and sort of a couch area in the back that would take at least 2 more. Most of the time we were somewhat shaded from the sun, but if you like they will set up some regular loungers in front of the cabana if you want more sun.

Looks like the new one are very much like the ones at Labadee - how is the location - are they near the water?

We don't cruise until 12/30/12 - under excursions it says inquire on board - we are in a GS - are cabanna's open to suite first?

I did sent an e mail to the concierge asking if it was too early to reserve - but alas, no answer.

Thanks for your replies.

The new ones that I saw being built were away from the water. However, I only saw four total. They may have added some where the cabanettes used to be close to the water. I seem to recall that it's pretty rocky there, though, so not necessarily good beach water.

Yes, cabanas are offered to suite guests first. Others get on a waiting list for any remaining ones.

• 4 weeks later...

Any Idea where the clams were moved? We were thinking of those. If not in the VIP area kind of defeats the purpose of the extra charge. We may have to suck up for one of the older ones. Was there any difference in teh pricing for the older to the newer?

Any Idea where the clams were moved? We were thinking of those. If not in the VIP area kind of defeats the purpose of the extra charge. We may have to suck up for one of the older ones. Was there any difference in teh pricing for the older to the newer?

When we were on Monarch two weeks ago, the older were $120 and the new were $200.

Archived