Anyone off Freedom today?

sheilb4

Hi, just wondering if anyone home yet today and will tell us all about their cruise.........

Can you guess I am looking forward to my trip next Sunday... Lol

Like many cruisers on here, we look for all these little "tidbits" of info just to add further to our excitement...:D

I see you have been on Freedom before. Was that before the changes adding the pool TV, electronic signage, and Dreamworks stuff? I'm thinking of Freedom again in 2014, will watch for your report when you get back.

How about the Coke Freestyle machines? Someone in another thread had reported that there were some up on the pool deck, but I didn't think they'd want those machines exposed to the elements. On the Explorer, they have them in inside locations.

If Freedom of the Seas does have the new Freestyle machines, where did they put them?

Thanks!

They don't have the new Coke Machines on FOS

They don't have the new Coke Machines on FOS

Is that from your cruise last month, or from something you've read elsewhere. This USA Today article says that they should be there now.

The new machines already are on the line's Majesty of the Seas, Freedom of the Seas and Explorer of the Seas and will continue to roll out to more ships at the rate of about one or two a month.

I guess I'm doubly glad that I'm sailing soon so I'll be able to find out. The plan was that Freedom of the Seas was supposed to have them roughly by now, so I'm hoping that they'll be there. If not, I still like my Diet Cokes, even if "plain". :)

The Coke dispensing machines were working last week. They are on the Pool Deck 11 by the H20 Zone and the juice bar. I saw people using them. You had to have one of their (Coke) cups. I do not drink coca-cola products and do not buy a drink pkg. But I can tell you for certain, I saw them working. Many people used them.

They used to have self-serve fountain machines on the pool deck that were regular dispensers, not the Coke Freestyle machines that are much fancier. You saw the newer, big, red machines out there, or the older ones?

The old ones looked like this:

normal_DSCF0163.JPG

(That's actually from the Majesty of the Seas, but the ones that were on the Freedom of the Seas in March looked similar.)

I see you have been on Freedom before. Was that before the changes adding the pool TV, electronic signage, and Dreamworks stuff? I'm thinking of Freedom again in 2014, will watch for your report when you get back.

It has actually been one year since my last trip on her and they did have the interactive screens and dream works then...

I will definitely write a report when I return. :)

How about the Coke Freestyle machines? Someone in another thread had reported that there were some up on the pool deck, but I didn't think they'd want those machines exposed to the elements. On the Explorer, they have them in inside locations.

If Freedom of the Seas does have the new Freestyle machines, where did they put them?

Thanks!

Freestyle machines are being installed as we speak. Should be up and running soon. So now Majesty, Explorer, Oasis and Freedom will be completed.

I left Freedom on the 30th also.

The coke machines looked newer than the one pictured, but were not the freestyle kind yet.

Was very happy to have gotten to Cocoa Cay because the weather report said rain there for the whole week and I was afraid we'd skip it. There were only 6 or so seagulls sitting on roofs in the food area. The old wooden pier that is falling apart after the food area was covered in them.

I'd take bug spray if I went back to Cocoa Cay. DH and I were both crazy itchy from bites on our lower legs the following day and I'm still itching once in a while. We never sat in the sand, just on the loungers and I also snorkeled and walked the island trails. He only sat on the lounger, walked to the food area and back to the tender.

If you want to see Cory in the Schooner lounge you need to be there way before 10 pm. We usually love going to the piano bar, but this one was way too busy because it's an open space.

Here's the seagull pier.

seagulls_zps1ad3d9c7.jpg

Omg! That pic is amazing!!! I just remember one time that they were everywhere and many many folks could not eat food as they would swoop down and take it right off their plates.... Another time I stayed on the ship and they were dive bombing if anyone had a plate of food on deck... Lined up along the wooden rails along the side of the decks... Creepy!!!

I'd take bug spray if I went back to Cocoa Cay. DH and I were both crazy itchy from bites on our lower legs the following day and I'm still itching once in a while. We never sat in the sand, just on the loungers and I also snorkeled and walked the island trails. He only sat on the lounger, walked to the food area and back to the tender.

They're "No See-ums" and I think they are getting worse in Florida and the Caribbean. They probably came from the paths or wet places near the beach on Cocoa Cay. We were on the Atlantic side in Florida (Melbourne Beach) a couple of weeks ago. Here is a photo of my bitten and swollen feet: http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z78/plhunt2/005.jpg[/img]"]005.jpg:o

I remembered the bug spray...but I missed my feet. And they itch like crazy!

:o I remembered the bug spray...but I missed my feet. And they itch like crazy!

Wow! I'm glad I didn't get that many. I'll take bug spray for sure on my next trip.

Usually I forget to sunscreen my feet. Also usually when I'm wearing shoes or sandals with a strange pattern. I had tiger striped feet one summer from laces that went across a pair of slip-ons on an angle.

FYI for anyone wanting to ice skate or rock climb.

Rock climbing requires you to bring socks or buy a pair.

Ice skating requires socks and long pants.

We have no see ums here and I have never been bitten like that!:eek:

You have them too? :( We may be re-thinking this idea of moving to Florida, K. I heard the same thing from residents and our friends....that they were never bitten this badly. They really like me. :eek:

On day 2 of our visit, I remembered my feet, and missed the back of my the legs. They look almost as bad. Our friends in Melbourne Beach said you get used to them...but they really seem to like people from CA. Bill was bitten too. ~Patti :rolleyes::D

Archived