No more frosted shot glasses with wine tasting?

snoodqueen

Only Elites and those willing to pay get to do the wine tasting. Elites get the lower priced tasting. Got a glass in Oct. now I have the collection. Anyone wanting glasses can get them in the dining room on Itilan night and Sabatini's has them too. Not a suite perk.

We went to all but one wine tasting (the cheapest one) on Island in October. There was no mention of free shot glasses at any of them. I don't remember seeing any. If they were there, they definitely didn't tell us they were ours to keep. I would have remembered that. :p I didn't even realize they were supposed to give them out, until we returned home & I read it here. If that is a perk of the wine tastings, they should mention it & not expect people to just know they're included.

We went to all but one wine tasting (the cheapest one) on Island in October. There was no mention of free shot glasses at any of them. I don't remember seeing any. If they were there, they definitely didn't tell us they were ours to keep. I would have remembered that. :p I didn't even realize they were supposed to give them out, until we returned home & I read it here. If that is a perk of the wine tastings, they should mention it & not expect people to just know they're included.

Maybe they just give them out at the Princess Grapevine Tasting. That is the $9.50 one and free for Elites. It is used to serve the last wine, which has always been a dessert wine.

We got them on the Crown in October

Did you get a small sample of dessert wine at the end of event? If so that small glass was yours to keep. If you left it on the table someone else probably picked it up on the way out.

Did you get a small sample of dessert wine at the end of event? If so that small glass was yours to keep. If you left it on the table someone else probably picked it up on the way out.

I do remember having dessert wine at one of the tastings. If we were supposed to keep the glass, no one mentioned it. I wouldn't normally expect it to be okay to walk out the door with a restaurant's glasses, so it wouldn't have occurred to me to take it. However, we did overlook one of the wine tastings in the Patter. It's possible that was the one where they were told to take the glass. We went to the rest & never were we told to do so.

They have been doing the dessert wine for many years and the shot glasses have always been yours to take with you. Sometimes they do make an announcement; often not. Before they used these current glasses they used to have the plain glass one with colored balls at the bottom. I never took any of them because I didn't like them.

The dessert wine they use now is Errazuriz from Chile and it's been the same one for many many years.

Is Princess no longer giving out the frosted shot glasses during the wine tastings? On my last two cruises it was not included so just wondering if they have been discontinued. It was a nice little treat to get.

Just got off the Sapphire on Saturday. We all got the glasses during the wine tasting.

Marty

They have been doing the dessert wine for many years and the shot glasses have always been yours to take with you. Sometimes they do make an announcement; often not. Before they used these current glasses they used to have the plain glass one with colored balls at the bottom. I never took any of them because I didn't like them.

The dessert wine they use now is Errazuriz from Chile and it's been the same one for many many years.

That's funny because we've always though that drinking any wine from a shot glass was strange and preferred the old colored ball glasses. I suppose the breakage was out of sight and they switched to the newer and more durable shot glass.

I hope they change back to a more colorful glass in the future.

In 7 cruises (Royal 1, Island, Caribbean, Coral, Star x2, and Grand) , we have always paid for the $25 wine tasting and there have never been any shot glasses used. :(

I'm not sure they give them out at the $25 tasting but the cheaper tasting has always had them or an equivalent glass as far back as I can remember.

In 7 cruises (Royal 1, Island, Caribbean, Coral, Star x2, and Grand) , we have always paid for the $25 wine tasting and there have never been any shot glasses used. :(

There are usually two wine tastings; one for $9.50 and the other for $25. The one known as Grapevine is when Elites are invited free and that's where you get the shot glass. Having never been interested in attending what is know as the Maitre D' Connoisseur Club, I had no idea whether they did or did not do the shot glasses.

I'm a cheap wine drinker, so wouldn't appreciate the more expensive stuff. ;)

We just got off the Island Princess and got the shot glasses too...in fact one of the logos on the shot glass is upside down..does this make it a "collector's item?" I many a time fill them with candy (like M&M's) and give them away as we have a full set.

We just got off the Island Princess and got the shot glasses too...in fact one of the logos on the shot glass is upside down..does this make it a "collector's item?" I many a time fill them with candy (like M&M's) and give them away as we have a full set.

Hi, I have the matching shot glass with the upside-down logo! Collector's item or factory reject? Not sure which.

There are usually two wine tastings; one for $9.50 and the other for $25. The one known as Grapevine is when Elites are invited free and that's where you get the shot glass. Having never been interested in attending what is know as the Maitre D' Connoisseur Club, I had no idea whether they did or did not do the shot glasses.

I'm a cheap wine drinker, so wouldn't appreciate the more expensive stuff. ;)

I won't let my wife try the good stuff. She might like it. :)

Princess should get rid of the shot glasses IMO..... a good way to keep cruising costs down. I say get rid of the chocolates on your pillow at night too......flames please :p

Totally inane and irrelevant. No doubt the profits from the tastings cover the shot glass costs. What does the chocolate on the pillow have to do with wine tastings? Remember you invited flames. :p

Totally inane and irrelevant. No doubt the profits from the tastings cover the shot glass costs. What does the chocolate on the pillow have to do with wine tastings? Remember you invited flames. :p

You can join us next month for wine time on our balcony. Or yours. I will have the cheap stuff. What will you have? BTW, we only drink white.

Anyone wanting glasses can get them in the dining room on Itilan night and Sabatini's has them too.

On Italian Night, if you order the Limoncello drink, it comes in a shot glass and you get to keep the glass. I think the drink costs $6 or $7 but if you are lucky, your waiter may keep filling the glass for only the initial cost!

After my initial posting about not getting the glass on my Star and Golden cruises, they were on the table for the TA on the Grand as well as the week afterwards. Who knows how it works? Maybe ships run out of them or they choose not to offer the dessert wine, which is no great loss. I notice they have also cut back on the amount of food they give you for between glasses to cleanse your palate. We had three sad little grapes and 4 pieces of mini cheese cubes. No crackers of any kind. As Elite I didn't pay but for $9.50, it's still a nice way to spend an hour on board.

After my initial posting about not getting the glass on my Star and Golden cruises, they were on the table for the TA on the Grand as well as the week afterwards. Who knows how it works? Maybe ships run out of them or they choose not to offer the dessert wine, which is no great loss. I notice they have also cut back on the amount of food they give you for between glasses to cleanse your palate. We had three sad little grapes and 4 pieces of mini cheese cubes. No crackers of any kind. As Elite I didn't pay but for $9.50, it's still a nice way to spend an hour on board.

On the Ruby yesterday we got one grape, 3 pieces of cheese, and one pack of crackers to eat between tastings. Guess each ship sets it up with what they want to do. We also did get the shot glasses.

Archived