Louis Olympia/Thomson Destiny Already Dropped by Louis?

Latest info on the forum we aren't allowed to mention suggests that Olympia will sail again from February, but not confirmed who for. I noticed Sailaway was on the case over there though!

Which forum was this? Which cruise line do we believe has chartered her? It is certainly NOT Globus - I have had an email from them stating that the Apostle Paul trip does not feature Olympia, but Crystal - and the do not have any other trips at all with the ship. I made doubly sure.

Which forum was this? Which cruise line do we believe has chartered her? It is certainly NOT Globus - I have had an email from them stating that the Apostle Paul trip does not feature Olympia, but Crystal - and the do not have any other trips at all with the ship. I made doubly sure.

It is a forum we are not allowed to mention ;)

c.r.u.i.s.e.i.n.g.t.a.l.k.

oh well, i enjoyed it on here :eek:

Latest info on the forum we aren't allowed to mention suggests that Olympia will sail again from February, but not confirmed who for. I noticed Sailaway was on the case over there though!

Yes I am! :D

Posted the other day about the swap of Olympia to Cristal. They seem to suggest February, but have no idea to who. Can't be Island as their cruises don't start till the end of March. And the mystery continues... :rolleyes:

Just noticed after reading the Saturdays papers? Normally Thomson advertise the Island Escape with the other Thomson Holidays, Guess what, no sign of the Island Escape?

RR

If FE has told "porkies" he had better get ready to take to the hills - and not Scotland because we would find him.:eek::D

I have a picture in my head? :D

Thomson sell Island Escape for several ££££££££ get back the Louis Olympia under a short/long term lease, they (Thomson) will have several ££££ to do up the ship as Thomson Escape or Island Destiny...just a dream :D and £££ Left over from profit they make from the sale and that makes sense as to why the Crew from Island Cruises were made redundant (allegedly) social media ;) and now they have a free reign who they can employ (Tupee law) :cool:

Pie in the sky????

• 4 weeks later...

Just read on the site that like to talk about cruising a press release from Louis which states there have been changes to the companies plans for 2013 and Louis Olympia will now cruise with them. I cannot find anything on the net from Louis in the form of a press release about the Olympia but there are several companies offering these cruises which have just been loaded in the last few days. I did howevedr find a press release from Louis posted in the last few days which stated the company have joined forces with a new marketing company.

From my own observations Louis Olympia has had lots of work done over the past few weeks and only has its passenger safety certificate to be updated. Some of its certificates to be renewed were more specific than annual ones and it seems there has also been a large amount of hull and propeller work done.

Lots of debate still going on re the way forward for Louis and its ships......

Just read on the site that like to talk about cruising a press release from Louis which states there have been changes to the companies plans for 2013 and Louis Olympia will now cruise with them. I cannot find anything on the net from Louis in the form of a press release about the Olympia but there are several companies offering these cruises which have just been loaded in the last few days. I did howevedr find a press release from Louis posted in the last few days which stated the company have joined forces with a new marketing company.

From my own observations Louis Olympia has had lots of work done over the past few weeks and only has its passenger safety certificate to be updated. Some of its certificates to be renewed were more specific than annual ones and it seems there has also been a large amount of hull and propeller work done.

Lots of debate still going on re the way forward for Louis and its ships......

It seems to be replacing Louis Cristal, which oddly was the only ship that we couldn't find at wasn't for sale the other month. Had a look at Louis' cruise calendar and its sailing for the full summer season. Thomson Spirit has also been added for a cruise at the beginning of March before it goes back to Thomson.

I do wonder if this new build ship that keeps being rumoured is actually going to be for Louis and then Thomson charter it, like what seemed to be suggested in 2010. Hence, try and sell a lot of their current fleet to pay for a new build??? :confused::confused:

Wouldn't be at all surprised Sailaway! There are without doubt moves to pastures new. Also, lots of others speculating the future of Cristal, I shall watch this space ;)

Addition - Sailaway, Olympia is meant to take over from Cristal on 26 April 2013. Nothing on the official Louis website or port authorities yet just the quoted press release on another site which was supposed to have been made on 20 Dec 2012!

Wouldn't be at all surprised Sailaway! There are without doubt moves to pastures new. Also, lots of others speculating the future of Cristal, I shall watch this space ;)

Addition - Sailaway, Olympia is meant to take over from Cristal on 26 April 2013. Nothing on the official Louis website or port authorities yet just the quoted press release on another site which was supposed to have been made on 20 Dec 2012!

Where did you find the press release by they way? I had a look at the forum where they like to talk cruising but couldn't find it anywhere.

Louis Cruises cruise calendar now updated:

http://louiscruises.com/en/cruises-2012

Louis Olympia now listed.

I don't think that Louis are in any state to be able to afford a new build ship. If their annual accounts are still available to download as a pdf on their website, it makes interesting reading.

Was just looking at an article on Lloyds funnily enough from September about the state of its finances. Not the best is it. Explains why the original 2010 new build deal was dropped and why they have a lot of ships for sale. You have to wonder, where would Louis be today without Thomson? :confused:

Just as a wild card ......TUI could buy Louis out?! Thomson would benefit from that without doubt and a nice niche market captured for the european parent!!! Win win all round??

Not sure what TUI would gain by that? A load more ships that they can't sell, just like I.E. All the budget European operators seem to be cutting capacity,.so no real growth there for TUI, but it wouldn't surprise me if Louis would contemplate exiting the cruise market.

Desperate times for Louis, bargain price for TUI. They would gain the ships that Thomson already charter so full pocket instead of loose change. Nothing stopping them creating new subsiduaries like IE for their already buoyant european market. Also, older ships can be scrapped and thats worth a considerable amount if bought at the right price.

Germany loves the EU idea and has already invested shed loads of cash while also buying up an awful lot of it. Think monopoly.....

The scrap value of each if the Louis ships is probably around €5million or so. If TUI did have sparecash floating around, I think that they would be far wiser investing it in newer ships for Thomson, or even a new build. There is also the financial burden on Louis with the whole debacle with Norwegian Dream to take into account - not sure if they have paid all that off? And I'm not even sure if the cruise arm of the company could be purchased separately from the rest of the Louis company.

The only thing Louis have that would be of any interest to me if I was TUI would be the Spirit, and they don't even own that do they? Don't they charter it from HAL? Which begs the question when does that expire?

Archived