I LOVE Comedians with Guitars......You didn't tell me that part...

jenseib

Ugh! I hate people like that. I had to leave a show on Triumph early into the second number because a woman behind me kept taking flash pictures. After the first few I even turned around and said "Excuse me", but she ignored me and wouldn't even make eye contact with me. She had this look on her face like 'I know I'm wrong but I don't care'. And this was just a few minutes after the CD had asked that there be no flash pictures during the show.

That is so annoying.. And stupid because her pictures will not come out with the flash as her flash can not possible reach the stage. She was actually taking worse pictures. LOL

After all that pirate fun, we decided to head to the buffet, which for those who have been on the Magic in years past, it is now located in Topsiders. I am trying to remember between my 2 trips, but I believe they only had it opened on one side and the line was long and slow moving.

piratebuffet1.jpg

piratebuffet2.jpg

piratebuffet3.jpg

piratebuffet4.jpg

piratebuffet5.jpg

I have to say, I wasn’t all that impressed with the selections. And my pictures aren’t that great, and I can’t remember exactly all that was offered. I do know there was a lot of Mexican food, and I wasn’t in the mood for that. Well, actually none of us were hungry at all. It wasn’t all that long ago that we had gorged ourselves at dinner. I think I picked up a few things, one being a turkey leg. It had been YEARS since I last had one and I wanted to try it again. I might’ve picked up a dessert or 2 as well. I only ate basically a few bites. Most of my food was wasted. I felt bad, but I was so full. I will say the turkey leg was very good, but VERY hard to eat.

piratebuffet6.jpg

piratebuffet7.jpg

piratebuffet8.jpg

piratebuffet9.jpg

piratebuffet10.jpg

After sitting for a while and chatting, we just were all so tired and we headed our separate ways.

This might’ve been the night that Carolyn slept in Brook’s room. I guess one of her roommates was a loud snorer and she just couldn’t sleep, so a few nights during the trip she went to Brooks room and slept.

We always turned the TV on when going to sleep because we would still hear that weird noise. I wish the TV’s had sleep timers so we could set them to go off after a certain time, but they did not.

We also had issues with the toilet running and I found that if it kept making weird noises, that if I flushed it again, it would stop.

I don’t think it took long to fall asleep tonight.

Sept. 26, 2012 Day 6, Costa Maya

Today’s navigators.

IMG1_0017.jpg

IMG1_0018.jpg

IMG1_0019.jpg

IMG1_0020.jpg

I awoke around 5:45 this morning and gave up on sleep. I decided today would be a good morning to grab the tripod and take some early morning pictures. Keep in mind, just because you have a tripod, it does not mean all pictures turn out good! LOL

The sun was starting to peek out.

cmsunrise1.jpg

I took a peek through the window into Palo.

peekintopalo.jpg

I continued my early morning walk around the ship with my tripod. Some shots came out pretty neat, some, just awful. Some I would play with the settings and take like 4 or 5 of the exact same thing.

earlymorningmagic10.jpg

earlymorningmagic11.jpg

earlymorningmagic12.jpg

earlymorningmagic13.jpg

earlymorningmagic14.jpg

After making the rounds up top, I went inside to try my luck with some inside shots.

topsidersign.jpg

I must say I had a hard time getting a good shot of Mickey here. He is so dark in color and he just would not turn out nice. I think these are about the best I could get the whole trip.

helmmickey.jpg

helmmickey2.jpg

magicalstaircase.jpg

More chandelier overload. I was trying to be artsy, I guess. LOL

magicallights5.jpg

magicallights6.jpg

emptymagiclobby5.jpg

A little more exploring.

beatstreet15.jpg

beatstreet16.jpg

beatstreet17.jpg

Up Beat is where you can buy duty free alcohol and cigarettes. We went in and asked about the kinds, thinking we would be good wives and bring some home for the husbands, but they were very limited on what they carried.

upbeat1.jpg

rockinbard16.jpg

Into Diversions.

diversions10.jpg

diversions11.jpg

I decided to have a little fun. I set up the tripod and a long exposure and then I would run into the picture, stand a moment and then leave it, giving me a “ghost” look.

diversions12.jpg

diversions13.jpg

After that fun I headed up towards the spa, with a quick look out at the adult pool.

peekatadultpool.jpg

lobbytospa.jpg

The Vista Spa was completely empty.

vistaspa47.jpg

LOVE the pictures!

I had planned to spend some time roaming taking pictures, but never did. :( I was going to post the few I did take, but no need to now. though, I never saw the ship THAT empty. lol.

Oh, and the line for the buffet on Pirate Night was long/slow. We didn't bother, but from the pictures, I wish we had. We just ordered room service!

If they had a place I could walk up and get a mickey bar and cookies, then I'd be in HEAVEN!

I was never able to get the ship's horn either.

We decided to look in here a minute because who ever heard of bamboo socks?

bamboosocks.jpg

Well they had them and sheets and just about anything you could think of made out of bamboo. The clothing was VERY soft, and PRICEY.

We won’t be taking those home with us.

I LOVE the Cariloha bamboo shirt I got at this store last year! I only got one, because I wanted to see how it washed up (it's purple, so I was worried about fading). It's done great, so I plan to get more shirts this year!

Loving your review and pictures. I hope you will be done before we head down to Galveston on January 3 for our Disney Magic cruise starting the next day! I feel like I will already know the ship well, thanks to your outstanding photos!

Archived