I LOVE Comedians with Guitars......You didn't tell me that part...

jenseib

costa22.jpg

costa23.jpg

The guys on the dock seemed all excited and ready. If I remember right, this was Disney’s first official visit to this port. I think it has been here a time or 2 when diverted by a hurricane, but I am pretty sure this was their first scheduled stop.

costa24.jpg

costa25.jpg

However, after talking to a few people and seeing the schedule for the upcoming year, I do not think Disney will be coming back here much in the future. From what I have heard, this port is not up to Disney standards. And actually it felt kind of scary to me. There was a constant present of military.

You can see some standing on the dock in this next picture.

costa26.jpg

costa27.jpg

And back outside to search for Lisa

costa31.jpg

costa32.jpg

costa33.jpg

I looked for what seemed like a long time. I just couldn’t find her. I had run into Brook and some of the girls earlier and they were going ashore to Costa Maya right away, and I told them if they saw Lisa before they left, to let her know I would be back soon.

No one was in sight now. It was practically empty up top, which you would think would make it easier to find someone, but it didn’t.

This guy was just chillin’ ….. Hey dude, have you seen Lisa?

chillin.jpg

Finally I saw her across the deck talking to Susan. Susan was staying on the ship again and had run into Lisa. Yay! I was no longer lost! LOL.

We said goodbye to Susan and we headed for a quick bite to eat before disembarking.

costalunch.jpg

topsiderdolphin.jpg

On our way to Costa Maya!

The pier to the plaza is kind of long. They do have a trolley going back and forth, but we chose to walk.

costa38.jpg

A look back

magicincosta1.jpg

We thought this was kind of funny. A lot of people can’t read, because many stepped across the red line!

dontcrosstheredline.jpg

costa39.jpg

And there is the Trolley leaving pretty darn full.

costatrolley.jpg

I thought this looked so pretty.

costa40.jpg

Immediately we had vendors asking us to come in their shops. This can be annoying as you tell them maybe later, etc., but they really pressure you. Do they really think you will buy something if they harass you?

costaplaza3.jpg

We had to stop and get a quick picture.

costaplaza5.jpg

costaplaza4.jpg

costaplaza7.jpg

Yay! I was happy to see that they did sell lots of touristy junk though.

costaplaza6.jpg

costaplaza8.jpg

costaplaza9.jpg

costaplaza10.jpg

Lisa was on the lookout for a dress, but she never did find one she liked enough to buy.

costaplaza11.jpg

This sign totally cracked us up.

costaplaza12.jpg

I thought this was so cute, especially since we live on a dairy farm, but getting it home wouldn’t be easy and honestly, what the heck would I do with it?

costaplaza13.jpg

We kept browsing, looking at all the “junk” for sale.

costaplaza14.jpg

costaplaza15.jpg

costaplaza16.jpg

I found this top, and I really liked it. Lisa took a picture of me wearing it, so I could see how it looked. Well it doesn’t look good with shorts! The price was too high too.

costaplaza17.jpg

I tried to haggle, but they wouldn’t go down enough. I told them I would think about it. I ended up getting a top like it in pink a little later, only mine was a tank top version. The guy haggled with me and I set my price and kept saying no to his. He finally agreed, and then he said he wanted a tip for lunch too. Here’s my tip, don’t drink the water in Mexico! LOL. Seriously, I was not paying a dime more than the price I said, and he seemed kind of irked about it, but I got that dang thing, didn’t I?

We went out exploring some more.

costamagic2.jpg

costabeach1.jpg

We looked at a lot of these dresses, but the price was never right for Lisa and she didn’t find a style she was in love with.

costaplaza18.jpg

costaplaza19.jpg

costaplaza20.jpg

costaplaza21.jpg

costaplaza22.jpg

There was this huge pool here in the plaza and it was free to use. Lots of families did use it too.

costaplaza23.jpg

We decided we each needed another picture.

costaplaza24.jpg

costaplaza25.jpg

I brought my kindle off with me, as I heard at one time they had free wifi here. No such luck. I gave it a try, but couldn’t find a network that wasn’t password protected.

costaplaza26.jpg

These chairs totally “cracked” me up.

costaplaza27.jpg

costaplaza28.jpg

Our beautiful ship in the distance.

costaplaza29.jpg

And more shopping.

costaplaza30.jpg

And look who we ran into.

costaplza31.jpg

Brook said they had taken a taxi in through town. She said I was just ok, neat to see, but nothing great.

A little fun area for sprinkler running.

costaplaza33.jpg

It did start to sprinkle at one time, so we stayed in a few stores till it stopped. We also noticed a few stores were closed. Later we found out that it was some sort of Holiday and the “big” stores (like the jewelers) were closed because of it.

They had a dolphin swim area.

costaplaza32.jpg

We checked it out a little later and it was very small. If I was going to do a dolphin swim, it wouldn’t be here.

More roaming around.

costaplaza34.jpg

This was a ceiling in one of the restaurants.

costaplaza35.jpg

We kept walking around the plaza area and taking pictures.

costaplaza36.jpg

I found the dolphin swim area, and it was TINY. I felt bad for the dolphins, because they had very little room in there to actually swim around and play.

dolphin1.jpg

dolphin2.jpg

We watched this a bit and I walked around and tried to get some coast shots.

costawaves1.jpg

costawaves2.jpg

Our ship!

magicantcostmaya.jpg

costawaves3.jpg

costawaves4.jpg

I looked up and out of my camera and noticed I was standing next to a couple of military guys. They didn’t say anything, but I almost felt like they were watching me and making sure I didn’t go too far out.

I moved a little further away. Lisa said she watching to be sure I didn’t get in trouble. LOL

Our ship!

costamagic3.jpg

costawaves5.jpg

We walked a little ways in the other direction and took some more shots.

costaplaza37.jpg

costaplaza38.jpg

There is our beautiful Ship again.

costamayamagic.jpg

costaplaza47.jpg

And then I spotted it.

costaplaza48.jpg

Hair braiding!

Now I have mentioned before that I like this. I have had it done in the past on some trips and I love how easy it is to take care of the hair and also I like the look. I know it’s not for everyone, but for me, it is so fun.

So I approached the lady and asked a price. She was working on 3 little girls at that point and they were so cute. I think she quoted me $25 or $30, I can’t remember now. Ok, the price wasn’t bad, but I want less. They always tell you higher than what they will take.

I kind of quietly asked the Mom of the 3 girls what price she was getting it done for. She seemed to hem haw around and not want to tell me, but eventually she did, and I think it was $35 for all 3 girls. OK, I got room to work. So I told the lady that I if she could do it for 15, I would get it done …….Deal!

While we waited, these guys walked by..

costaplaza49.jpg

Then it was time to pick a bead color out.

Lisa took pictures of me holding different colors to my head.

hairbraid1.jpg

We kept laughing, because we couldn’t make up our minds. I would ask her for suggestions, and she would be convinced on one and then change her mind, and I was doing the same thing. I ended up with that blue color.

Lisa took quite a few shots of me while they did it.

hairbraid2.jpg

hairbraid7.jpg

All Done!

hairbraid8.jpg

I was a happy camper then!

Before we headed back to the ship, I had one other thing I wanted to do. I wanted to look for the pyramid that was on the map they left in our room. So we went in search of it.

WELL, this is on the outside of the gated area and we were too scared to go out there, so we just took pictures from inside.

pyramid1.jpg

pyramid2.jpg

pyramid3.jpg

While I was standing there taking pictures, I kept saying my back felt wet. It was really weird, but I just knew somehow I got wet. So I took off my backpack and sure enough, I was wet. I carry a bottle of hand sanitizer on my backpack and the lid had twisted off and it leaked all over my backside. And it was green. Who knew this stuff would stain, but I now know it does.

Oh well, I took the bottle off and there was still a little left and I just put it upright in a pocket in the backpack, and we headed back into the plaza.

Wouldn’t you know, we barely got very far and there was the lid sitting on the ground. We couldn’t believe I actually found it.

Going back towards the ship now, we did a little more browsing/shopping. I can’t even remember what we ended up buying this day. I remember a maraca for Claire, a magnet for me, and a few other trinkets. I might’ve gotten Claire a T-shirt here too.

costaplaza50-1.jpg

Walking back to the ship, still trying to get that perfect coastline shot.

costabeach12.jpg

costabeach13.jpg

costabeach14.jpg

Our beautiful ship, once again.

magiccm1.jpg

I did not take this next picture, but one of my fellow passengers’ did from my facebook group. (and she said I could use it) I believe it was a bit later in the day. It is such an awesome picture. There is a rainbow and look where the “Pot of Gold” is!

potofgold.jpg

As we got closer to the ship I was taking a few artsy shots again.

rooptieoff.jpg

Archived