I LOVE Comedians with Guitars......You didn't tell me that part...

jenseib

LOVE the pictures!

I had planned to spend some time roaming taking pictures, but never did. :( I was going to post the few I did take, but no need to now. though, I never saw the ship THAT empty. lol.

Oh, and the line for the buffet on Pirate Night was long/slow. We didn't bother, but from the pictures, I wish we had. We just ordered room service!

If they had a place I could walk up and get a mickey bar and cookies, then I'd be in HEAVEN!

I was never able to get the ship's horn either.

I would love a place for cookies and mickey bars too. They are both so darn good.

We were too full to really eat anything anyways. Had I been hungry, more of the food would've looked appetizing, but when you are stuffed to the gills, it's hard to look at more food and think Yay! :)

I LOVE the Cariloha bamboo shirt I got at this store last year! I only got one, because I wanted to see how it washed up (it's purple, so I was worried about fading). It's done great, so I plan to get more shirts this year!

Loving your review and pictures. I hope you will be done before we head down to Galveston on January 3 for our Disney Magic cruise starting the next day! I feel like I will already know the ship well, thanks to your outstanding photos!

I know I won't be done by then. I am going so slowly, but I'll try to get a few more updates up before then. Thats my mission now!

Good to know about the shirt. I have heard others on other forums tell me they really like the socks too.

I wanted to go into Shutters and look at our pictures. This actually confused me for a few days. And Lisa too, but we finally figured it out. When Shutters was open, the pictures were displayed, but when it was closed, it had covers over the racks that had Disney pictures from around the world. For some odd reason, it took me forever to figure out I was in the same place. LOL

So I headed in towards Shutters and I got a little Magical Pixie Dust. Look who I saw! And he posed for me.

randommickeysighting.jpg

And then he motioned to his handler that he wanted a picture with me too. GREAT!

meandmickey.jpg

posingwithmickey.jpg

I was ALL smiles then! How cool to just run into Mickey like that!

I wandered around Shutters but no pictures were out to look at. Like I said, I was very confused and I think this is the day it struck me that they cover them up when they are not officially open. So I took a couple pictures of the covers.

castlepictureinshutters.jpg

dlcastlepictureinshutters.jpg

They have some display pictures on the shelves as well. And who do I see? Well this is my friend Jeannes girls.

jeannesgirls.jpg

They sail a LOT! I mean like. A LOT!!!!!!! I think Jeanne has been on more than 40 Disney cruises. I think 6 or 7 Disney this year alone and also she has sailed on Princess this year twice if I remember right.

Looking forward to hearing about what you did in Costa Maya - hopefully you will get to that before Thursday!;)

I got a mega update written up. I just have to find time to post it. I have about 5 minutes, so I'll get started and then finish psoting tomorrow. ;)

apmorn12.jpg

I decided to go back up to deck 4 and just walk for a little exercise.

mickeyart.jpg

And I tried for a few artsy shots. I was trying to have different focus points.

deck4chairs1.jpg

deck4chairs2.jpg

So, I am all crouched down, trying to get these shots and I feel someone tap me on my back. My first thought was that Lisa had come and found me. I stood up and turn around and I was shocked! It was Chip and Dale. How cool was that!

I asked their handler to take a picture.

canddandi1.jpg

And she goes to take a 2nd and tells me that my card is full! UGH! I did the quickest card change EVER!! And she took a couple more then.

chancemeetingwithcandd.jpg

canddandi2.jpg

It’s really sad, but looking at these pictures, you really see that I am shaped exactly like Chip and Dale!

I said Thank you and good bye, but they didn’t leave. Instead, Dale laid down on the chase lounge.

candd1.jpg

I was wondering what the heck they were doing and then he motioned to Chip and Chip came over and gave him a massage.

candd2.jpg

candd3.jpg

candd4.jpg

It was so funny and truly another Magical Moment for me.

I saw chip and dale a few times. Chip was funny!

But I love your encounter!!!

(btw, get a bigger camera card! Mine's 64gigs. I haven't said 'my card's full' all year. Which I'm pretty sure was dh's point when he bought it. My other one is 16.

I know I should. I have several 8 Gs and 4 Gs. i worry though about losing one. I did that in 2011, well one from my point and shoot and if I lost 1 64 G I would be out a heck of a lot of pictures. Though, you are right, I might not have to change it during the trip. LOL

They then got up and waved good bye. Look at that mischievous look he has.

candd5.jpg

They headed on their way and it looks like they were looking for more trouble.

candd6.jpg

candd7.jpg

I started my walk around the deck.

deck4hall.jpg

deckwalking.jpg

And who should I run into in this hallway? Well Chip and Dale again. I guess they were walking around the outer deck. We waved and they hugged me again. I mentioned to them that my Daughter would be so jealous and they gave me the look of “where is she?” I told them at home, as this was a girls trip. They had the look of horror that I would do such a thing. It was funny. I assured them that she has sailed Disney already once and that she would be sailing Disney again in about 5 weeks. They gave me a relieved look and we went on our merry ways again.

I continued taking pictures as I walked.

deck4walk.jpg

deck4lisa2.jpg

Lisa!

deck4lisa3.jpg

We decided it was time to go and get some breakfast so we headed inside and guess who we saw AGAIN!!!!!

canddagain.jpg

I waved and then asked if Lisa could get a shot with them. The played around with her. Looks like Dale was doing a bit of hide and seek or peek a boo.

canddandlisa1.jpg

canddandlisa2.jpg

After our latest meet with Chip and Dale, we headed off for breakfast.

costamaybreakfast1.jpg

costamayabreakfast2.jpg

A look off the back of our ship.

magicbackendblue.jpg

I love the Mickeys on the glasses.

hiddenmickeycup.jpg

That lady looks like she is giving me the evil eye.

topsidersdeck.jpg

But she actually wasn’t. She came over to me shortly after and asked me if I knew anything about cameras. She had an SLR as well and was having issues working it. I played around a bit and I think I got it figured out. I think her issue was mostly video and it wasn’t working. I don’t remember the details, but I do know we figured out that her video setting was wrong and all the video they thought they took did not actually take. I hope I helped her enough to be able to catch the rest of the memories.

magicslatandpepper.jpg

We then saw land in the distance. That’s a good sign.

landho1.jpg

I don’t have any pictures for the next 1 ½ -2 hours, so I am guess we headed back to the room and lounged around a bit till we got closer to port.

Once we did get closer though, we went up top and watched us approach.

cmherwecome.jpg

apeakatCM.jpg

cmherwecome.jpg

magicheadingtocm.jpg

costa1.jpg

costa7.jpg

costa8.jpg

I didn’t have my telephoto lens with me, so I switched over to using my point and shoot so I could zoom in closer.

costa9.jpg

costa10.jpg

This area we see is a little plaza they have right at the port. Our plan for the day was to just hang out here. Possibly travel outside of it, which requires a taxi ride, but for the most part our plans were to explore this area, which we were told had quite a bit of shopping and activities.

costa11.jpg

costa12.jpg

I really loved looking at the shore line. It looked like it was pretty much jungle beyond.

costa13.jpg

costa14.jpg

costa15_zps400269f6.jpg

costa16_zpsfab77a48.jpg

We were told it may be a little tricky docking here because of the currents, but I think it looked like we were doing a pretty good job.

costa17_zpse404c010.jpg

costa18.jpg

costa19.jpg

I took a little bit of video.

th_2012-09-262012-09-26002012.jpg

And while I was taping the darn thing quit. Full card on this camera now! UGH! So I had to run back to the room to get another card.

I got down there and tried to open the door but it wouldn’t. I figured Lisa must’ve used the bathroom and locked the lock so that no one would come in. She always had a fear Rodrigo would come in while she was in there. Speaking of Rodrigo, he comes along and tries to help me, but he can’t open it either. I told him that I bet she was out on the balcony and had it locked. I knocked a few times and called her name, but she didn’t answer. So while I waited, I took this picture.

mousekeepingtowels.jpg

I finally gave up. I was missing us docking so I ran down to deck four and watched.

dockingatCM.jpg

costa20.jpg

costa21.jpg

Archived