I LOVE Comedians with Guitars......You didn't tell me that part...

jenseib

cozumelmorning17.jpg

I took a couple of shots of the sports deck, as I wasn’t sure if I had taken some earlier in the trip. When you take as many pics as I do, you do forget what you have taken.

magicsportsdeck1.jpg

magicsportsdeck2.jpg

Around 6:40 I went and got a quick bite to eat.

topsiders11.jpg

topsider12.jpg

And then I went back up top.

cozumelmorning18.jpg

cozumelmorning19.jpg

I then went back to the room to gather my things and let Lisa know I was going to head off the island. She was going to stay on the ship and then when I got back the plan was to get back off the ship together and look around.

I went to our meeting spot and waited for the other girls.

rockinbard9.jpg

rockinbard10.jpg

rockinbard11.jpg

Brook, Carolyn and Shelly all arrived soon after. They said Susan was going to stay on the ship today as well.

A round 8 we headed out.

portbikes.jpg

magiccozumel1.jpg

carolynandmagiccoz.jpg

Ah! There is one!

magicincoz.jpg

Continuing our walk down the peer into Cozumel.

coz1.jpg

coz2.jpg

It was kind of funny as this family was walking with us. I assumed he was part of the group and we stopped for a bit to wait for our guide, Ceaser. This family realized that we were a group and then took off. It was kind of funny.

We went through a shopping plaza to get to our buses. It was kind of funny all the stores advertising drugs for sale. A popular sign we saw was for a male enhancing drug. You can get this over the counter here. I joked that I should get Skip some for a souvenir.

coz3.jpg

We went up over the road and then back down.

coz4.jpg

fiestamall.jpg

I got a quick shot of this guy. I think he really wants you to tip him to take his picture.

goldmexican.jpg

And of course we had many vendors asking us to come into their shops. I guess they really don’t have a clue what a group adventure is. Are we really going to stop and buy while the rest of the group goes on?

We made it to our bus and it was already hot and steamy out.

bus1.jpg

bus2.jpg

We met Ceasar and he talked the whole way out to the ruins. He was a very good guide and he was very passionate. He also told us the Corona and Dos Equi beers are what Mexicans consider the cruddy beers and pass them off to the Americans. LOL!

A picture of our ticket.

mayanticket.jpg

As we drove, I tried to get shots out the window.

10mph.jpg

This is the bathroom roof. It was actually really clean in here.

ruinsbathroom.jpg

ruinspalms.jpg

washfeethere.jpg

When we met back up, Ceasar told us about some special gem stone they sold here. Of course we were able to get a special discount if we wanted to buy one.

blackjewels.jpg

anotherpalmincozumel.jpg

And then it was time to head out to see the ruins.

ruins1-1.jpg

ruins19.jpg

Moving on.

ruins20.jpg

ruins21.jpg

ruins22.jpg

ruins23.jpg

There was a lady in our group who was asking some questions. She looked so familiar and sounded familiar. I got to talking to her a bit and she wasn’t from anywhere that I would know her from, but it bugged me. Finally it dawned on me. I swore she was “Bonnie” from last year’s season of Biggest Loser. She even had a cane, and Bonnie had knee issues. I really thought it was her, but when I got home I asked Bonnie on facebook. Yeah, I have biggest loser people as my friends. LOL! And she said no, it wasn’t her, but she wished it was. .

ruins24.jpg

Ceasar told us about the Mayan roads and about the culture and a bit about his own culture too.

ruins30.jpg

ruins31.jpg

He was an excellent guide.

ruins32.jpg

He talked about the Mayan Calendar and compared it with the Aztecs. Now this was back in Sept, so we were all still waiting on the ending of the Mayan calendar at that point. Ceasar said his belief was that we would just have a new beginning. And being that we all are still alive, I am thinking he was probably right!

ruins33.jpg

ruins34.jpg

ruins35.jpg

It just amazes me how old this place is, and yet it still stands, even after the forces of nature.

ruins53.jpg

ruins54.jpg

I don’t remember why, but we did talk about this flower. It totally escapes me why now though.

ruins55.jpg

Then he handed it to me and said I could keep it.

ruins56.jpg

Once we went back up front though I just set it down. I surely didn’t want to get in trouble for taking plant life off the grounds and I am pretty sure I probably couldn’t take it back on the ship nor take it off when I got home.

We then got to wander just a bit on our own, basically working our way back to the front center.

ruins57.jpg

ruins58.jpg

ruins59.jpg

ruins60.jpg

ruins61.jpg

One thing they had mentioned in the booklet about booking this excursion was bug spray. We didn’t bring any, nor bought any in the local stores onsite there. I did notice towards the end that I was getting bitten though. So you should probably get some if you take a tour like this.

ruins62.jpg

ruins63.jpg

ruins64.jpg

ruins65.jpg

ruins66.jpg

ruins67.jpg

ruins68.jpg

I used the bathroom and browsed a couple of the shops. I think I got Claire a little doll in one and then headed back to the bus. They were offering water and coke as we came back, I think I had some coke, but I can’t remember for sure. Anyways, I have heard Mexican coke is different and if I had some, I don’t remember a different taste.

ruins69.jpg

Soon we were loaded up and on our way.

ruins70.jpg

Archived