I LOVE Comedians with Guitars......You didn't tell me that part...

jenseib

cedral13.jpg

cedral14.jpg

cedral15.jpg

We headed inside the church to take a look around. I didn’t stay in it very long because it had a bad odor. It was kind of musty.

cedral16.jpg

The lady in the green is the one I thought looked like Bonnie from the Biggest Loser.

cedral17.jpg

cedral18.jpg

I stopped off and used the bathroom. YUCK I should’ve held it. It was dirty and they had napkins laid out to pick up on your way in. Also a tip box. They got no tip from me. I did my best not to touch anything in there and got out fast. My tip is they need to do some cleaning!!!!!

cedral25.jpg

For some reason there was a family that lingered there and we all were waiting on the bus for them to get back so we could leave. Finally they causally strolled back and off we went! Next stop was back in town.

cozumel1.jpg

I took a few last pictures as we approached town.

cozumel2.jpg

cozumel3.jpg

cozumel4.jpg

cozumel5.jpg

We decided to do a little bit of shopping before heading back to the ship.

cozumel6.jpg

I looked at quite a few things, but I think I only ended up getting a magnet.

I was having an awful headache at this point so I said goodbye to the girls and headed back towards the ship on my own.

I had to walk over the road again and I took some pictures of the view.

cozumel7.jpg

cozumel8.jpg

cozmagic1.jpg

cozumel9.jpg

cozumel10.jpg

I headed back to the room, and if I remember right I found Lisa there or she came in right after I did.

We decided we needed to get some lunch.

She told me about her day. She had hung out at the pool and there was a bee problem and they ended up closing the pools down since it was such a problem. One lady got stung and they were going to charge her basically $200 just to have it looked at. This is one thing I don’t like about cruises. They have a Dr. onboard, but to actually use him, you pay through the teeth.

Her and Susan also decided to go ashore together for a while, but didn’t do too much. Mostly just walking around.

We headed up to Topsiders to get some food.

coztop1.jpg

coztop2.jpg

coztop3.jpg

coztop4.jpg

coztop5.jpg

coztop6.jpg

We found a seat and soon Brook, Carolyn and gang all joined us.

coztop7.jpg

coztop8.jpg

Lisa said she was able to call home today, it actually went through. I wanted to try, so we decided after we ate, we would head back to shore and try calling. I also was going to bring my kindle along as I knew Jimmy Buffets had free wifi, so I could at least send an email to my MIL and let her know how things were going if I couldn’t call.

We had a fun lunch and soon Lisa and I left.

cozumel13.jpg

I did not get a signal when we got off the ship, so we started walking.

As we got to the end of the pier my phone perked up. SIGNAL!!!!!

I did the 2 way beep to Skip. At the time we had Nextel and used the direct connect feature all the time. We since then had to switch to completely Sprint as they are doing away with Nextel. He and his brother chose to keep direct connect through Sprint, but I went with an iphone and I haven’t looked back since!

I wasn’t sure if Skip would answer. It had been days since I talked to him and he probably figured at this point that I couldn’t call. He answered almost immediately and he didn’t say hi, how are you, or any of the normal pleasantries. He answered with a vulgar statement about missing me. YEP, I married a guy with pure class! The thing is, when using 2-way, it’s like a walkie talkie and everyone around could hear what he was saying. Lisa and I both gasped and Lisa said, “He can’t say that kind of stuff here”. I quickly let him know I was in a public area and he behaved after that.

He updated me on how things were and things were going pretty smoothly. He had taken Claire to school and picked her up a few days when he could. I had that arranged with MIL and my friend Kelly, as I didn’t want him to gripe at all about having to do anything while I was gone.

After a few minutes of talk, we said good bye, and I let him know that I probably wouldn’t talk to him again till we got back to port.

We, well mostly me, decided to look around just a little more. I was on the hunt for something for my niece who had turned 3 that week and her family party was going to be the day after I got home.

cozumel14.jpg

cozumel15-1.jpg

I ended up finding a cute little tiny leather purse. I think it was $15 apiece. But you could get 2 for a cheaper price, I decided to get one for Claire too. And they talked me into the next size up, which was a better price for 2. I think only $5 more.

We just wandered a bit and ran into these girls.

cozueml16.jpg

cozumel17.jpg

cozumel18.jpg

I was just standing there, kind of zoned out taking pictures and a girl said something to me and I almost didn’t hear it. Then I heard Lisa say something like, I was in a zone and didn’t notice her. I looked and it was Erin, one of Mary’s friends. So we chatted a bit as we both took pictures.

cozumel19.jpg

They had done a snorkeling adventure that day and she said she loved it. She highly recommends it.

After a bit, we decided it was time to head back to the ship. It was really hot out today.

cozumel20.jpg

As we headed back to the ship, I took lots of pictures once again.

cozumel21.jpg

cozmagic5.jpg

cozmagic6.jpg

I just love this blue water!

cozumel23.jpg

dclhandsanitzier.jpg

I love how Disney gives you cold wet wash clothes as you come back.

cozumel24.jpg

cozumel25.jpg

We headed back on the ship and I think we went up near the adult pool and talked a bit and had a cool drink. I then had a light bulb moment. My phone still had service and Claire was at my friend Kelly’s that day. (It took me awhile to figure which day of the week it was first. LOL). Kelly had Nextel as well and we were linked for direct connect. So I beeped her and she answered. She said all was fine and then she had to pull Claire away from playing with her daughter. Seriously, Claire was not all that happy to have to stop playing. She mostly gave me yes and no answers and not much more. Then she told me she needed to go back and play. So much for missing her mother! But when I did get home later that week, she was waiting up for me and VERY happy to see me.

We decided then to go for a swim. Well I said I would sit in the hot tub, and Lisa does more laying out.

I got in the hot tub and holy cow. When it’s hot outside, the hot tub is HOTTER! Burning hot!

I moved over towards the pool and sat on the edge under one of the waterfalls next to a lady. That water was even hot, but not burning hot.

We started talking and come to find out, she was the lady that Lisa had told me about earlier. They had talked and her Daughter in law was the one stung by a bee.

Lisa had ran back to the room for something and once she arrived back, she jumped in and we all talked a bit. After a bit, Brook, Carolyn and gang had joined us at the pool.

We didn’t swim ,but just either sat on the side or bobbed around in the pool. The water was very high today, so you had to kind of jump around to keep you head above the water line.

Soon a band set up and started playing.

poolband1.jpg

This girl was really into her act.

poolband2.jpg

A little short video.

th_2012-09-272012-09-27001003.jpg

And then they announced that the horn was going to go off soon. I got my camera ready. I had been trying to record that sucker the whole trip and now was my chance!

th_2012-09-272012-09-27001004.jpg

No mistaking it this time. I GOT it! And it was LOUD!

We now were sailing away once again.

This is the waterfall thing I would sit against. It was one of my favorite places on the ship.

waterfall.jpg

The band kept playing

poolband3.jpg

At one point as we were all bobbing around in the pool, Carolyn made the comment, “we are on our way home now”. UGH! A guy nearby said to us that he could’ve went the whole cruise and been happy never to hear that phrase! LOL

A view from the pool.

veiwfrompool.jpg

And someone lost a balloon!

stuckballoon.jpg

We spent a good amount of time in the pool and we all had so much fun just talking and joking around. But all too soon we realized we should probably go shower and get ready dinner at Palo and the show that night.

The show tonight was Dreams and it was one I had wanted to see. Our Palo reservation was going to make us cut into it a bit, but we had hoped to get there in time to see most of it.

We headed back to the room and took our showers and got ready for the evening. I also spent some time out on the balcony. I just LOVE the balcony. I don’t know if I could go back to an inside room after having one 3 times now. They are just wonderful!

There had been a Carnival ship in port at Cozumel as well, but further down at a different pier. We left about the same time and we could see it almost the whole way back to Galveston.

byeccl1.jpg

byeccl2.jpg

I played around and took some different pictures.

magicliferaftfromsideview.jpg

wavesandcrane.jpg

horizon.jpg

I can never get enough of the blue water.

bluewaves.jpg

spotlights.jpg

sundropping.jpg

sundropping2.jpg

byeccl3.jpg

Soon it was time to head up to Palo.

We were the first to arrive. We decided we wanted to take a picture of each of us by the sign, but a server from Palo came out and took one of both of us together.

palogirls.jpg

399700_4672205963897_1992151507_n.jpg

We stepped outside while we waited for the other girls, but it was REALLY windy up there so we headed back inside.

deckpalonight.jpg

They told us we could have a seat at the bar and wait for the other girls. So we did just that.

We got a pose of one of the servers as I lifted my camera.

palo1.jpg

palo2.jpg

palo3.jpg

We felt obligated to order a drink while we waited. I just felt like it would be rude to sit there and not order anything. Soon the other girls (Brook, Carolyn, Shelly, and Susan) arrived and not long after that we were taken to our table.

palo4.jpg

I knew we were kindred spirits when you loved the blue water and could not get enough of it. But then... we drink the same thing! I get Amaretto Sours when I can't think of what else to order! I don't drink much so if they don't have frozen drinks I don't know what to order so Amaretto Sour it is!

This has been a fun TR, I am sorry to see it coming to an end. I get to go on the Fantasy in April so hopefully the excitement for that will keep me going!

I knew we were kindred spirits when you loved the blue water and could not get enough of it. But then... we drink the same thing! I get Amaretto Sours when I can't think of what else to order! I don't drink much so if they don't have frozen drinks I don't know what to order so Amaretto Sour it is!

This has been a fun TR, I am sorry to see it coming to an end. I get to go on the Fantasy in April so hopefully the excitement for that will keep me going!

That water is just gorgeous. I can just stare at it all day long.

And yes, LOVE the Amaretto Sours. They taste like juice. I don't like the drinks that taste like alcohol. I'm a wimp.

I still need to finish this day up and one more sea day till we head back home and at the rate I'm going, it will still take me a while . :D

Our breadsticks arrive next at our dinner at Palo

Freshly Baked Bread on Our Pizza Oven. (Grissin Sticks, Olive and Ciabatta Rolls, and Focaccia Bread)

palo12.jpg

Our server! I can’t remember his name, but it was something hard to say and only Susan could master it right away.

palo13.jpg

And then the Palo's Cold Antipasti Specialties presented from our Antipast Cartello;

Prosciutto, Bresaola, Parmesan-Reggiano, Marinated Olives, and Sun-Dried Tomatoes

served with Palo's Famous Dips and Olive Oil.

palo14.jpg

palo16.jpg

palo17.jpg

I tried some and I have to say, it’s all pretty foreign to me and not something I really cared for.

palo18.jpg

I was trying to get a picture of the roses, but I just wasn’t getting it right.

palo15.jpg

palo20.jpg

For an appetizer I ordered the Mozzarella and Plum Tomatoes with Balsamic Dressing.

palo21.jpg

palo22.jpg

Lisa got the Frito di Calamari, Lightly-crusted calamari I believe.

palo19.jpg

And Shelly got the Sicilian Pesto Marinated Grilled Shrimp I believe. I am looking things up on menus online and they don’t all sound right.

palo23.jpg

I think everyone else got some variation of those 3 as well.

For the next course, both Lisa and I got the Lobster and Mascarpone Ravioli with a light truffle burro Bianco.

palo24.jpg

I thought it was good, Lisa thought it was disgusting. She didn’t like the texture and she was expecting something more like regular ravioli and more of a red sauce I think. I would say, I would prefer that too. This was good, but not fabulous.

And then I believe we were served a palette cleanser.

palo25.jpg

palo26.jpg

For our main courses ….this is where I messed up. I was the one who suggested this night for Palo and it turned out to be Lobster night on the ship. I am one who loves to get Lobster whenever served. We were told we could still get it in Palo, but I really should’ve tried something that I couldn’t get in the main dining room. I didn’t. I got the Lobster. It was good, but I kind felt like I was wasting money getting something here I could’ve gotten in the dining room.

palo28.jpg

It was served beautifully though.

palo29.jpg

palo30.jpg

Many of us got the Lobster. A couple also got the Beef Tenderloin "Palo" served with Palo signature Barolo red wine sauce or Gorgonzola Sauce.

palo27.jpg

The food was good, but it didn’t WOW me at all. I think I came in with too high of expectations. To me nothing we had so far would make me think it was better than the dining rooms.

Dessert time! Of course we all had to try the Chocolate Soufflé with Vanilla Bean and Chocolate Sauce.

palo31.jpg

palo32.jpg

palo33.jpg

palo34.jpg

palo35.jpg

This again was good, but it did NOT WOW me at all. I thought the vanilla one served in Tritons was just as good. Actually maybe even more to my liking.

I have this picture, and for the life of me I can’t remember what it is, and I am sure someone can remind me. I think it was some kind of after dinner thing for digestion?

palo36.jpg

We all kind of agreed that the food was good, but not something we would rush back for. It was the first Palo dinner for all of us. Brook has done the brunch and she said it was MUCH better than the dinner.

I have now sailed the Dream since then and I did do the brunch on it. It was 100 times better than the dinner. I will most likely never do dinner again, but I will try the brunch out again.

We were running late for the show now and we had asked our server for our bill. He was kind of slow to get it and he was a bit mixed up with everyone asking for their own. I think with an extra tip and drink my bill was $30-$35. To me, it was NOT worth the price at all, but I am glad I tried it.

We rushed off to the show and it had already begun and we quickly found seats. We enjoyed this show too.

After the show I think we might’ve headed back to the room for a bit and then we were all going to meet up at the John Charles adult show in Rockin’ Bar D.

When Lisa and I arrived it was pretty busy already. They were finishing up another show, if I remember right. We just found some seats and sat. We later spotted Brook, Carolyn, Shelly and Susan across the way. It was too crowded to go over and try to squeeze in with them.

We enjoyed his show once again. I think the first time we saw him was better, but this one was good too.

After it was over, Lisa said she was dead tired and left. I moved over near the other girls and sat down. One hit Wonders was next and we sat and watched that a bit.

Remember the lady we called Jazzy on the first day. The older lady who could DANCE! We had seen her several times throughout the cruise and she was here tonight. We watched her dance a bit to some of the songs. Soon we all started getting tired and one by one left.

I decided to take a walk up on deck before heading back to the room

deckrailing.jpg

decklightpoles.jpg

deckchairs.jpg

plutosdoghouse.jpg

divinggoofy.jpg

For the next course, both Lisa and I got the Lobster and Mascarpone Ravioli with a light truffle burro Bianco.

I thought it was good...

I thought so, too - really rich though! I think the sauce is called a beurre blanc.

And then I believe we were served a palette cleanser.

Yup - it was a lemon sorbet.

For our main courses ….this is where I messed up. I was the one who suggested this night for Palo and it turned out to be Lobster night on the ship. I am one who loves to get Lobster whenever served. We were told we could still get it in Palo, but I really should’ve tried something that I couldn’t get in the main dining room. I didn’t. I got the Lobster. It was good, but I kind felt like I was wasting money getting something here I could’ve gotten in the dining room.

I'm thinking on the Western Caribbean runs, Disney is doing a play off the fact that they dock at Punta Langosta (Spanish for Lobster Point) in Cozumel - so lobster night is Cozumel night.

Archived