I LOVE Comedians with Guitars......You didn't tell me that part...

jenseib

We decided on tacos.

fastfooddlunch.jpg

tacotoppings.jpg

The guy kind of insisted we have fries with it too. Who am I to argue? LOL

magictacos.jpg

Isn’t this just so cute?

magicfruitbird.jpg

The tacos were pretty good and filled the void. After all it had been at least 2 hours since we last had eaten!

I took a few pictures while we sat there.

magicears.jpg

magiccoffeestation.jpg

Then I believe we headed back to the room to freshen up.

It was now getting close to time to leave, so the camera was out again. I had wanted to get the horn, but I missed it by just a few seconds with my video.

costadock.jpg

magiccrane.jpg

costagangplank.jpg

A little bit of video.

th_2012-09-262012-09-26001018.jpg

costadock2.jpg

And some more video.

th_2012-09-262012-09-26001020.jpg

This one was funny as this guy was running down the pier but waving and I waved back. At one time he did a little dance, but my video skills here are pretty bad.

th_2012-09-262012-09-26001021.jpg

costadock3.jpg

costadock4.jpg

costadock5.jpg

And one last video.

th_2012-09-262012-09-26001025.jpg

So we had showered and gotten ready for the evening. While getting dressed, Lisa suggested I wear one of her dresses. I swore it wouldn’t fit, but she insisted I try it on, and it actually did, so I went with that dress for the night. It was fun wearing something different.

I had planned to go to the show tonight, but it just didn’t sound appealing to Lisa, so she was going to stay back and miss it.

The show was John Charles, the guy we had followed on board the day before in Grand Cayman, who was carrying a guitar. It was listed in the Navigator as “Featuring the Music and Comedy of John Charles”.

I was now ready to head out and decided to use the bathroom before leaving the room. As I walked in, Lisa asked “so you are just going to go and watch some guy play a guitar?” And I hollered back, “well I think he does jokes with his music”.

I came out of the bathroom and Lisa had her sweater on and standing there waiting for me, like she planned to go. So I asked if she was now coming and her response was “I LOVE Comedians with Guitars! You didn’t tell me that part”. And then I just burst into laughter. It was the way she said it and it was so random I couldn’t stop laughing. Throughout the rest of the trip, we would randomly say it again and just start laughing again.

So we went to see the comedian with the guitar and he was GREAT! He played songs that we knew, he made up songs that he said our crew would sing, and it was just so much fun. We were both so glad to have gone and seen it. So much so, that we vowed to see his adult show the next night.

After watching the show I think we just kind of walked around a bit before dinner. It was raining out now.

deck4glowing.jpg

On deck 4, even though it’s covered, you still got whipped by the rain and wind, so we headed back to the room for a bit.

donaldreappears.jpg

We had a new friend waiting for us tonight.

bunnyfriend.jpg

Soon it was time to go to dinner, which was in Animators Palette. Tonight we were getting the full show!

The menu.

apmenu.jpg

apmenu2.jpg

apmenu3.jpg

OOOOOHHHHH! A change!

ap4.jpg

Carolyn and Brook told us they were thinking of doing an excursion the next day in Cozumel. We had originally planned to wing it, but they said they kind of wanted to do something real. I told them I was also kind of thinking about doing one as well. Lisa said she wasn’t too sure. We decided that in the morning we would go to the Port Adventures Desk and see what was still available.

Mary grabbed herself a roll and look what she pulled out!

mickeyroll.jpg

When I made my order this evening, I decided to try some new things. I told Raphael that I would like the Rock Shrimp and Caramelized Onion Cheesecake. I have heard mixed reviews of this and I just wanted to try it. He immediately said no, ….not good. LOL. I said really? Is it that bad? And he told me he rarely sees anyone like it. Ok then. I had planned on the Wild Mushroom Risotto as my main course, and again he told me no, it wasn’t big enough. Ok, strike 2. So he had me order the risotto for my appetizer and something different for my main course.

Soon the appetizers arrived.

Here is my risotto.

Wild Mushroom Risotto and Porcini Twist, Served with Parmigiano-Reggiano.

ap5.jpg

ap6.jpg

And he surprised me and also brought out the Sesame-flavored Rock Shrimp and Caramelized Onion Cheesecake with Asian barbecue sauce and topped with Micro Greens to sample.

ap7.jpg

I am going to tell you now, it was pretty good. It actually reminded me of a cheese ball and would be really good to eat on crackers. Raphael was surprised. I told him that I certainly couldn’t eat the whole thing, but a little amount was good. They really should serve a side of crackers with this. If I ever get it again, I will ask for crackers.

Lisa and I both had the Baked Potato and Cheddar Cheese Soup with bacon bits and chives, I believe.

ap9.jpg

Brook and Carolyn were going for the Gusto tonight. I believe they order 4 meals between the 2 of them so they could sample several things. Here is what they got.

ap15.jpg

ap16.jpg

Ready to CHOW!!!!

ap18.jpg

I ordered the Lemon-Thyme Marinated Chicken Breast On top of Sour Cream Mashed Potatoes, Roasted Root Vegetables, and Grain Mustard Jus.

ap17.jpg

Again this was very good. I think I had this on the Dream in 2011 as well.

I don’t have a picture of Lisa’s plate. She most likely got the same as I, or the Salmon, as that was one of her favorite things this cruise. She kept saying she should order something different, but I said get what you like and be happy!

More pictures of the changing room

ap19.jpg

ap20.jpg

ap25.jpg

ap26.jpg

After we stuffed ourselves silly, the dessert menu came out and we made our selections.

ap27.jpg

ap28.jpg

ap29.jpg

And soon that arrived at our table.

I believe I got 2 tonight and I can’t remember for sure, but I think I got the Buckled Warm Apple Crumble with ice-cream.

ap30.jpg

And Animator's Sweet Temptations , A Trio of Strawberry Sable, Cranberry and Orange Cheesecake, and Double-Fudge Chocolate Cake.

ap33.jpg

ap34.jpg

I am sure Lisa got the sweet temptations too as she got this almost every night.

If I remember right, we liked parts of it, but it seems like one thing wasn’t a hit, but I can’t remember which one.

And again, I took more pictures of the room changing.

ap31.jpg

ap32.jpg

This is the night we got the full Animators Palette show too. Our servers said we could move a little closer to the empty table next to us.

ap35.jpg

It darkened a bit and they had some things playing on the screen throughout the room.

ap36.jpg

ap37.jpg

ap38.jpg

ap39.jpg

ap40.jpg

ap47.jpg

ap48.jpg

ap49.jpg

That was a lot of fun, but it went pretty fast and honestly I don’t remember a lot of it already now. I will need to see this again to take more in.

Raphael and Luis posed for a few pictures then.

ap50.jpg

ap51.jpg

These guys were just great and so much fun.

ap52.jpg

Luis was giving us some wise advice.

ap53.jpg

After dinner, Lisa headed back to the room, but I wasn’t ready yet, so I set out on my own. I went and checked the weather on deck 4.

deck4glowing2.jpg

It was no longer raining, so I headed up top for some more night time shots.

nightdeck1.jpg

nightdeck2.jpg

I just love seeing the ship all lit up.

nightdeck3.jpg

nightmickeylogo1.jpg

nightdeck14.jpg

nightdeck15.jpg

nightdeck16.jpg

nightdeck17.jpg

nightdeck18.jpg

nightdeck19.jpg

I think I roamed around for about 30 minutes or so and then headed back to the room. As I opened the door I saw a piece of paper on the ground. As I picked it up I saw it had a note on it. It was an excursion sheet and Brook and Carolyn had left it for me and said they ended up signing up for the Ruins and Tequila tour for the next day. They had it circled and told me to get to the desk early if I wanted to go and sign up for it.

I was sure at that point. It sounded fun, but yet, I don’t really drink much, especially tequila. Lisa was sleeping, but woke up when I came in. I told her about the excursion and she told me she didn’t want to go, but she didn’t care if I went. I decided I would see if I woke up early enough in the morning and then go from there. Of course that left me thinking about it all night and I slept so badly. I kept waking up thinking I missed getting up, only find that only 20 minutes had passed. I should’ve just told myself yes from the start and I am sure I would’ve slept better.

The guys on the dock seemed all excited and ready. If I remember right, this was Disney’s first official visit to this port. I think it has been here a time or 2 when diverted by a hurricane, but I am pretty sure this was their first scheduled stop.

However, after talking to a few people and seeing the schedule for the upcoming year, I do not think Disney will be coming back here much in the future. From what I have heard, this port is not up to Disney standards. And actually it felt kind of scary to me. There was a constant present of military.

You can see some standing on the dock in this next picture.

So do you recommend getting off here or just staying on the ship? We will be traveling with 6 kids, 4 are 5 and younger. We are only in port for 4 1/2 hours. I personally do not see the point of stopping some where for that short of time.

The only reason we are going on this itinerary is it is the week we need to travel.

The guys on the dock seemed all excited and ready. If I remember right, this was Disney’s first official visit to this port. I think it has been here a time or 2 when diverted by a hurricane, but I am pretty sure this was their first scheduled stop.

However, after talking to a few people and seeing the schedule for the upcoming year, I do not think Disney will be coming back here much in the future. From what I have heard, this port is not up to Disney standards. And actually it felt kind of scary to me. There was a constant present of military.

You can see some standing on the dock in this next picture.

So do you recommend getting off here or just staying on the ship? We will be traveling with 6 kids, 4 are 5 and younger. We are only in port for 4 1/2 hours. I personally do not see the point of stopping some where for that short of time.

The only reason we are going on this itinerary is it is the week we need to travel.

It might be nice to have the kids swim at the plaza and shop around. But I would probably only get off for an hour or so. We probably spent 2 hours there walking around. I know a lot of people really did like this port, but it wasn't fabulous to us. Now my daughter would've loved the pool and I am sure if she was with us, we would've spent some time at the pool.

Sept. 27, 2012, Thursday, Day 7

Today’s navigators.

IMG1_0021.jpg

IMG1_0022.jpg

IMG1_0023.jpg

IMG1_0024.jpg

I had not slept well the night before and I think I just gave up around 6 AM. I got up and dressed and made my way to see if I could sign up for the Port Adventure. I just knew after a sleepless night, I was meant to go on this excursion. I can’t remember if the desk was open this early or not, or if I came back a little later, but I am thinking it was. I do remember the girl I had to sign me up was not real quick at doing it. Even though I had the paper with the one I wanted circled, she seemed to have issues finding it. But I finally was signed up.

Time to watch us pull into port.

cozumelmorning1.jpg

COZUMELMORNING2.jpg

Archived