I LOVE Comedians with Guitars......You didn't tell me that part...

jenseib

ruins71.jpg

As we drove towards the tequila factory, Caesar talked some more. Then all of a sudden the hum of the AC stopped. What! It was hot out! We were on a brand new bus too. Caesar said they would call in for a replacement bus once we got to the factory. Thanks goodness !

Soon we arrived and this is the sign that greeted us. I thought it was so funny.

freepeepeestation.jpg

Thank GOODNESS they have a free “peepee” station!

The driveway to the Tequila factory was kind of long, but scenic.

tequila1.jpg

tequila2.jpg

We parked behind the building and all got out.

tequila3.jpg

This was our tequila tour guide. And see the lady in the green shirt. She’s the one I swore was Bonnie from the Biggest Loser.

tequilla4.jpg

I believe this is the agave, which is the fruit that makes tequila.

tequila6.jpg

tequila5.jpg

tequila7.jpg

One thing we learned was that tequila can only be tequila if it is from a certain area, like champagne in France. So I don’t remember all the rules, but they did not officially grow the Agave here to use to make it, and I can’t even remember for sure if they were allowed to make it here either or just sell it. Honestly, our guy was kind of hard to understand, so I was only picking up pieces of what he said.

Looks like something fun was going on here.

tequila8.jpg

tequila9.jpg

We then headed inside.

tequila10.jpg

tequila11.jpg

We each were to pick up a couple of little cups for the tasting.

tequila12.jpg

I was trying to take pictures too, but our dude said to wait till it was over and keep moving on for now.

tequila13.jpg

tequila14.jpg

tequila15.jpg

I am not really a fan of tequila, so I was worried how much of this I would like. The first couple were the basics and pretty gross.

tequila16.jpg

But then he pulled out some flavored ones and some of those were pretty darn good.

tequilashelly.jpg

tequila17.jpg

After the official tastings, we were allowed to go and taste others, but I had had enough. I don’t drink a whole lot in my “older” age, so I didn’t want to be falling down after a few too many tequilas.

I went around and took a few pictures instead.

tequila18.jpg

I don’t remember why, but we did talk about this flower. It totally escapes me why now though.

ruins55.jpg

Then he handed it to me and said I could keep it.

ruins56.jpg

Hibiscus is supposed to be pretty common at San Gervasio, but this looks like bougainvillea - also common in Mexico.

You can just barely make it out, but there was a horse alone in this picture too. You can see his brown back side.

coz5.jpg

coz6.jpg

coz7.jpg

Over on the other side, the water side, Caesar had told us about the turtles that are protected and the nesting areas. We got a glimpse as we drove by.

coz8.jpg

coz9.jpg

coz10.jpg

This was a new highway next to the road we are driving on. I guess it has been in the works for a VERY long time. 10-20 years. It was supposed to be completed already, but it wasn’t and they have once again started on it.

coz11.jpg

An unfinished area.

coz12.jpg

I have no clue what this place is.

coz13.jpg

Soon we arrived at the beach!

coz14.jpg

Was this place EVER gorgeous!!! Just stunning.

cozbeach1.jpg

cozbeach2.jpg

Brook wanted me to get some pictures of her, so she went up to the top of the arch.

coz53.jpg

We had to wait for people to get out of the way.

coz54.jpg

And then I took a couple, but I had to crop them because there was still some lady standing to the side. You can see she is looking at us and stopped, but she wouldn’t move further back. In one picture she was actually pointing, like she knew she had to wait. LOL.

coz55.jpg

coz56.jpg

coz57.jpg

coz58.jpg

coz77.jpg

coz78.jpg

There were a few vendor stands there by the road and I got a couple of quick shots before I boarded the bus.

coz79.jpg

coz80.jpg

And we were off again. We actually saw some work going on with the new road.

coz81.jpg

Our last stop was at the oldest town of Cozumel. Though wouldn’t that technically have been our first …..at the Mayan ruins?

elcedral.jpg

cedral7.jpg

I think these guys were trying to sell pictures with the horse.

cedral8.jpg

The highlight of this stop was to show a Mayan Temple next to a Catholic Church.

cedral9.jpg

cedral10.jpg

With the lens I had on the camera at the time, I couldn’t get a picture of the 3 together. I actually couldn’t even really get the temple in one shot.

cedral11.jpg

cedral12.jpg

Archived