I LOVE Comedians with Guitars......You didn't tell me that part...

jenseib

As for our appetizers, I have lovely pictures, but no clue what they are. I have looked at menus and not one seems to have a description that fits either one of them. So here they are.

lasttomatoe.jpg

lastpotato.jpg

If anyone knows what either of these is, I would love to know. LOL

I believe for the soup I had the Crawfish and Lobster Bisque served with roasted corn-chili relish.

lastsoup1.jpg

And Lisa had the Potato Leek Soup garnished with sour cream, chives and caviar.

lastsoup2.jpg

For our main courses, again I am not seeing a good match on the online menus. I have no clue what this is, but it looks like an alligator head on veggies. LOL! This was Lisa’s. I am guessing some kind of fish or chicken.

lastmeat.jpg

This was mine, which I think was some sort of beef tenderloin.

lastmeat2.jpg

It looks like they did a combination of the Til We Meet Again and Sea Ya Real Soon menus here.

The first one looks like the Dungeness Crabmeat Stuffed Tomato (filled with Crabmeat Salad, shredded Red Onion, topped with Fontina Cheese, and Garlic-Herb Drizzle) from the Sea Ya Real Soon menu.

The second one looks like the Grilled Chicken Sate (with Mint-Ginger sauce and spicy Cucumber Salad) from the Til We Meet Again menu.

The fish one - maybe the Orange Roughy?

Sometimes, they will have slightly differerent offerings on a menu based on costs and supplies. So what was actually offered on your Til We Meet Again menu may not be the same the next cruise.

lifeboat.jpg

Did Andy tell you the story about the lifeboat color? It's an official Disney color, but the Coast Guard (I think, it may be some international water safety organization) normally requires that lifeboats be certain shades of orange or red. Disney conducted some scientific tests that proved their yellow lifeboats were more visible on the water than orange ones, and only slightly less so than red. The Coast Guard (or whomever) approved the color.

Also, lifeboats are supposed to have the name of the ship they are from painted in plain block letters. Disney was also able to prove that the Disney name was more recognizable in its original script than in the block letters.

We finished up with Andy, and he told us something about this pole, but I can’t remember once again what the importance of them are.

dpole.jpg

Maybe an example of this?

"The interior of the Disney Magic is art deco, characterized by slender forms, straight lines and a sleekness that expresses modern technology."

I remember our tour guide showing us examples in the atrium of art deco style, although I cannot remember all the details now either. :)

chairrail1.jpg

chairrail2.jpg

Did Andy tell you about these? Our tour guide said these are supposed to represent the different crew divisions. For example, Mickey with the microphone is the entertainment staff, Minnie (I think that's Minnie) preparing food is the food preparation staff...

Great photos of these BTW!

chairrail3.jpg

chairrail4.jpg

Clarabelle with the dumbbells is the fitness/spa staff, Daisy making a bed is the housekeeping staff, and the Beast (I think?) as a waiter is the dining room staff.

Can't remember what Donald, Pluto, and Goofy are supposed to be - probably ship maintenance, engine room, captain's staff - something like that. I should have taken better notes too!

studiosea.jpg

Another example of art deco style.

It looks like they did a combination of the Til We Meet Again and Sea Ya Real Soon menus here.

The first one looks like the Dungeness Crabmeat Stuffed Tomato (filled with Crabmeat Salad, shredded Red Onion, topped with Fontina Cheese, and Garlic-Herb Drizzle) from the Sea Ya Real Soon menu.

The second one looks like the Grilled Chicken Sate (with Mint-Ginger sauce and spicy Cucumber Salad) from the Til We Meet Again menu.

The fish one - maybe the Orange Roughy?

Sometimes, they will have slightly differerent offerings on a menu based on costs and supplies. So what was actually offered on your Til We Meet Again menu may not be the same the next cruise.

Someone on Dis did end up telling me what they were. I guess the till we meet again menu changed about a year ago.

The fish was red snapper, I forget what my neat was, but it was like crusted something or other, you are right about the tomato and I thin kthe other was some sort of potato.

It was all pretty good though.

Did Andy tell you the story about the lifeboat color? It's an official Disney color, but the Coast Guard (I think, it may be some international water safety organization) normally requires that lifeboats be certain shades of orange or red. Disney conducted some scientific tests that proved their yellow lifeboats were more visible on the water than orange ones, and only slightly less so than red. The Coast Guard (or whomever) approved the color.

Also, lifeboats are supposed to have the name of the ship they are from painted in plain block letters. Disney was also able to prove that the Disney name was more recognizable in its original script than in the block letters.

He did tel lus that story and I had heard that one before too. It was funny how the coast guard faught Disney and then their boats were the easiest ones to spto. I had not hear about the scropt though. ....interesting.

Maybe an example of this?

"The interior of the Disney Magic is art deco, characterized by slender forms, straight lines and a sleekness that expresses modern technology."

I remember our tour guide showing us examples in the atrium of art deco style, although I cannot remember all the details now either. :)

You are probably right, becaus he did talk about the differences in design.

Did Andy tell you about these? Our tour guide said these are supposed to represent the different crew divisions. For example, Mickey with the microphone is the entertainment staff, Minnie (I think that's Minnie) preparing food is the food preparation staff...

Great photos of these BTW!

Now this is one I have never heard. Very cool

Clarabelle with the dumbbells is the fitness/spa staff, Daisy making a bed is the housekeeping staff, and the Beast (I think?) as a waiter is the dining room staff.

Can't remember what Donald, Pluto, and Goofy are supposed to be - probably ship maintenance, engine room, captain's staff - something like that. I should have taken better notes too!

Another example of art deco style.

Very interesting!!!! :)

tillwemeet47.jpg

tillwemeet48.jpg

Bye Mickey!!!!!

tillwemeet49.jpg

Lots of confetti fell and I picked up a few pieces for Claire. And looked around and had a really good laugh. Not only were the kids crawling around on the floor getting confetti, but adults were! Women in dresses were all over the place fighting over confetti. Seriously, do you need confetti that badly? And they weren’t standing up till every scrap was picked up. I guess that makes cleanup for the cast members easier.

I find Lisa sitting on a couch and talking to a guy. His wife was one of the confetti picker uppers. LOL! But she wasn’t as bad as some. She collected just enough to give the kids some and was happy with it. I started talking to him and then his wife and small world …..she was on our cruise facebook group.

We chatted a little bit and then headed up to the top of the ship once again. We decided we would have one last drink together for fun.

It was very quiet up there tonight.

lastnightmagicdeck.jpg

I got a strawberry daiquiri.

strawberrydaq.jpg

I have no clue what Lisa ended up getting.

We just sat around and sipped our drinks and talked for a bit.

lastnightondeck.jpg

We had had such a fun vacation. Lisa was so glad to have come, and I was so glad she came with me. She also said having the other girls along made it even more fun. They all seemed to get a long great, just like we were all friends for years.

After our drinks, we headed back to the room for our last night of sleep. Lisa said she has sleeping issues at home and the ship was wonderful. She wasn’t sure if it was the rocking motion or the daily dose of bonine, but something was making her sleep like a rock!

That's Beef Wellington. My husband had this at the same dinner on our cruise. I think I had both the soups you showed, and no entree - I was not very hungry after a huge Palo brunch!

I can understand that. We did the brunch on the Dream and that was darn good!

If you remember way back earlier in this report I mentioned that Walt was missing something in this picture.

disneytheatre1.jpg

It was his cigarette! I am not sure if the original ship mural had it or if it was made this way from the start. I have heard from some that it was there, but Andy made it sound like it wasn’t.

disneymural.jpg

The cigarette was in the original photo on which the mural is based. My understanding is that it was removed from the photo before the mural was made. However, supposedly they forgot to remove the smoke (or the shadow of the smoke). Can't remember which, and honestly, I can't see it anyway.

Great photo of this mural BTW!

The cigarette was in the original photo on which the mural is based. My understanding is that it was removed from the photo before the mural was made. However, supposedly they forgot to remove the smoke (or the shadow of the smoke). Can't remember which, and honestly, I can't see it anyway.

Great photo of this mural BTW!

Thats pretty much what Andy said too.

No better trip reports anywhere!! So when is the next trip? And where did I miss something happening to your husband?

Well thank you! I also have another TR about the Dream here. It's called "Oh the places we go, the people we see". My next trip is in April, but it's not a cruise, so I won't be posting it here. I am going to Colonial Williamsburg with my Daughter Claire, My Mom and my sister Amanda. It will be a very different kind of trip, thats for sure.

No better trip reports anywhere!! So when is the next trip? And where did I miss something happening to your husband?

I forgot to answer the last part of your question. He had his hip replaced in early January and then the incision got infected and he had another surgery on Feb 13 to clean out that. We have lots of issue with surgeries. He had his other hip replaced twice in 10 months time.

Sept. 29, 2012, Sat. ~ Day 9

This is the worse day for most cruisers. Time to go home, or at least get off the ship. And sadly, the whole atmosphere is so different this day. It even feels like the crew, who you have come to love and know, now want you to get the heck off this ship. LOL

I woke up EXTREMELY early. We didn’t have early breakfast, but we did have to get our things together, plus I wanted to see us pull into port.

I actually didn’t sleep well. One of those nights where you think you might miss getting up on time, so you get up all the time to check the clock.

About 5 AM I gave up and went out to the verandah to take a look. We were now making our way to the port. I quickly grabbed my camera.

It was so dark. I took a ton of pictures and the all pretty much look the same. Pitch black with a few lights in the distance.

morning1.jpg

morning2.jpg

I decided to head up to the top and take some pictures from there, and not disturb Lisa.

elevatorlogo.jpg

elevatordirectory1.jpg

morning3.jpg

I had never seen this before, so a quick shot was needed.

compass.jpg

poolears.jpg

As we got close to port, it was just beautiful and peaceful. Again, not many people were out and about. Also, the weather was a bit chillier today and it had the feel of rain.

morning4.jpg

Pictures don’t do justice to the beautiful lights all around.

morning5.jpg

morning6.jpg

The docking was amazing. We pulled into the port and then we had to make a 180 turn to park the ship so it was facing to leave. It was dark and my pictures are not great, but I can’t tell you how amazing this was. I swear it looked like we barely made clearance in the narrow channel.

I was running from front to back and watching. It really was a neat thing to experience.

morning7.jpg

morning8.jpg

Archived