Cruise Withdrawal

Prof Peg

How long after you get off the ship does cruise withdrawal set in?

Cruising only once a year is getting physically painful with shorter and shorter periods before I start the withdrawal symptoms. Soon I'll be hanging on to the cabin door and refusing to let the next guests in!! :eek:

For me it is when we are on our way to the airport headed home after our wonderful cruise is all done...:(

Just do what we do, book another one as soon as you get home and then your fun will start all over again. I personally love the planning up until the next cruise then just repeat after that one is over.... :D :D

Its bad enough driving home from the port but it really sets in when i actually have to cook a meal for my family instead of just everyone picking whatever they want from the menu. sigh. what do you mean its MY responsibility to feed everyone? lol...whyyyyyyyy????

For me it starts the minute I step off the ship. My cure is to book another for the following year. For various reasons I have not cruised in two years, but I finally took the plunge and booked one for Nov 2013. I know it is a long way off, but I feel better now.:)

Cruising only once a year is getting physically painful with shorter and shorter periods before I start the withdrawal symptoms. Soon I'll be hanging on to the cabin door and refusing to let the next guests in!! :eek:

I felt it when hearing that last "ding" of my S&S card... this may sound sad, but I truly felt like crying when we were walking off the ship....and the weather didn't help (we were on the August 18th sailing of the Liberty and got back in pouring rain...Issac's approach). I was actually feeling bummed when they left the luggage tags and disembarkation information in our room.:(

I have been off the Spelndor FIVE days now and I am going CRAZY !!!!!!!!!

I felt it when hearing that last "ding" of my S&S card... this may sound sad, but I truly felt like crying when we were walking off the ship....and the weather didn't help (we were on the August 18th sailing of the Liberty and got back in pouring rain...Issac's approach). I was actually feeling bummed when they left the luggage tags and disembarkation information in our room.:(

Don't fell alone on that.....I've cried a few times as I see the ship disappearing as we leave the port headed to the airport.

Don't flame me for this, but it takes a few months. Usually, we are discussing the next trip on our cruise, but to be in withdrawals, it will take 3 months or so. I think it is because of spending a lot of my life on/near the ocean that I can handle it better. Either that or I am an emotionless pig.

LOL Bruisin4, living close to the ocean should help. I used to live near the ocean, and that was long before I started cruise vacations. Now I live inland and the closest body of water to me is a river! River just doesnt do it for me!:D

Since starting to cruise, I have gone as long as 3 years,and likely will again between my last cruise and my next planned one! Three years of cruise withdrawal, is brutal, let me tell you!

But as long as I have one booked, I can cope.:)

LOL Bruisin4, living close to the ocean should help. I used to live near the ocean, and that was long before I started cruise vacations. Now I live inland and the closest body of water to me is a river! River just doesnt do it for me!:D

Oh, I do not live near the ocean anymore, I am stuck inland, like you. I have 3 ponds in my community, as far as I know, I am the only person to put a boat into one of them...lol. Each one is about 1/3 acre in size, so you can see how desperate I can be to be on the water.

I was born on an island (Long Island), was in the Navy on a ship that spend over 320 days at sea in 1 year and is an Aquarius. I AM A WATER BOY!

Archived