Combine discounts?

I was wondering the same question. Reading the savings certificates it doesn't say anything about combining the two.

Terms and Conditions: Savings are in U.S. dollars, are not redeemable for cash and not transferable. When reserving, applicable option code and loyalty number must be referenced. Offer may be withdrawn at any time. Discount offer will not be replaced if certificate is lost, stolen or otherwise destroyed. The offer cannot be used with certain restricted fares. This certificate cannot be combined with another certificate on the same reservation. Applies to all categories, unless otherwise noted. Offer is not combinable with any other promotion or offer unless expressly stated therein. Royal Caribbean International will deduct the applicable offer value from final payment upon review. Discount applies on a per-stateroom basis; double occupancy. Singles paying 200% are entitled to full face value. Prices vary by ship and sailing date and space is subject to availability at time of reservation. When reserving through a travel agency, the certificate must be presented to the travel agent at time of reservation. Certificate must be submitted to Royal Caribbean PRIOR TO FINAL PAYMENT or before 31-December-2012, whichever is earlier. To redeem the certificate, fax to (866) 222-5150 (if you are in the US or Canada) or +1(954) 628-9621 (if you are outside the US or Canada), or mail to Royal Caribbean, 1050 Caribbean Way, Certificate Redemption, 5th Floor, Miami, FL 33132. To apply your Crown & Anchor Savings Certificate while reserving your cruise directly on http://www.royalcaribbean.com, go through the reservation process and once on the Billing and Documentation Information page, enter the required information under the Coupon Information section. Please note: We reserve the right to inspect and examine any original coupon for verification. We reserve the right to disallow any credit for inappropriately duplicative submissions and those submissions that are inconsistent with the terms and conditions of the coupon.

Savings Certificates are good for Gold members who don't have any discounts at all as well as those who prefer to travel in inside/oceanview cabins without balconies.

Some combination of benefits are possible, but they can be a bit tricky to get aligned just right. On my next cruise, I'm combining these benefits/discounts:

• Residency discount
  • Savings certificate
  • NextCruise OBC
  • Group OBC

Don't know why they even offer the savings certificates, if you can't combine them The C&A discounts are always a better discount especially when we always cruise in suites.

Why? Marketing hey, I suppose. The certificates may never be useful to you, but not every ody cruises in suites....some do OV or insides, so not balcony discount. And I suspect there are a few who might qualify but are unaware of the Balcony discounts....if they see a certificate, they might book. Or they might book with an inexpensive cabin with the certificate, then move up to a balcony or better if prices drop enough. and there are those gold level cruisers who do not yet qualify for balcony discounts.

Savings Certificates are good for Gold members who don't have any discounts at all as well as those who prefer to travel in inside/oceanview cabins without balconies.

Some combination of benefits are possible, but they can be a bit tricky to get aligned just right. On my next cruise, I'm combining these benefits/discounts:

• Residency discount
  • Savings certificate
  • NextCruise OBC
  • Group OBC

Good example and explanation Daghis! :)

Archived