On Board credits question

I was able to obtain 3 different OBC for my up coming cruise.

1) $100 from the WOW offer

2) $100 from my TA

3) $250 from my Visa points

I was told by my TA that I could not use the $100 OBC offered by them because you cannot combine OBC offers. Is this true?

2) $100 from my TA

I was told by my TA that I could not use the $100 OBC offered by them because you cannot combine OBC offers. Is this true?

Since you are only receiving 1 OBC from RCI, you should be able to piggy back as many outside OBC's as you like.

Is this a policy set forth by your TA?

Since you are only receiving 1 OBC from RCI, you should be able to piggy back as many outside OBC's as you like.

Is this a policy set forth by your TA?

That would be my impression as well. Although I have never had more than $50 OBC ever..Boo. But, I only see 1 OBC from RCI too unless the travel agent was offering the $100 that is really coming from RCI. That would seem "dirty marketing", in my opinion.

2) $100 from my TA

Wrong. If the TA is telling you that, they are either stupid or lying

Find a new one

On our Allure cruise in August we had OBC from essentially the same 3 sources you're talking about with no problem. Our RCI OBC came from using a next cruise certificate to book the cruise, we got an OBC with our Visa points, and we also had an OBC from our travel agent.

Tell your TA that you know that these 3 types of OBC CAN be combined. If the TA has offered an OBC, that should be independent of the one you're getting from RCI. Good luck, and have a great cruise! It's always nice to start off with $$ in the seapass account!:p

Judy

Edit: FYI...the OBCs usually don't actually show up (post) on your seapass account until day 2 or 3 of the cruise. I always bring some kind of documentation with me for each OBC in case I have to plead my case with Guest Services, but I've never had to do that. They've always gotten it right for us.

That would be my impression as well. Although I have never had more than $50 OBC ever..Boo. But, I only see 1 OBC from RCI too unless the travel agent was offering the $100 that is really coming from RCI. That would seem "dirty marketing", in my opinion.

On board credit from a TA may not show on any invoice. Ours comes in as a "gift" and shows up as a credit on our on board statement. Good luck

M

On board credit from a TA may not show on any invoice. Ours comes in as a "gift" and shows up as a credit on our on board statement. Good luck

M

I believe that reney313 was referring to only seeing "1" OBC from RCI in the initial post.

I believe that reney313 was referring to only seeing "1" OBC from RCI in the initial post.

Yes, I wasn't very clear but thanks for clarifying!

I don't see my $25 OBC for my upcoming cruise. But I also don't have the receipt from the cruise, only my TA. I'm not too stressed. Hopefully it will be there, but I'm not spending time in line on my cruise trying to clear it up either. I just won't use the TA again, if that's the case.

Archived