October Temps to Bermuda

sjohnso3

I can look and see what the temps will be in Baltimore when we depart and return, and I can see what the temps will be in Bermuda the three days we are there. What I don't know is what the temps are likely to be out at sea. Any thoughts? We depart October 12 and return Oct 18.

We sailed last year on October 30th. Cool out of NY City but warm the next day and in Bermuda it was low humidity, highs aroun 80-85 and the swimming was great. We were in Bermuda November 2-4. It was a wonderful time of year.

We sailed last year on October 30th. Cool out of NY City but warm the next day and in Bermuda it was low humidity, highs aroun 80-85 and the swimming was great. We were in Bermuda November 2-4. It was a wonderful time of year.

We are on the Explorer Oct. 28 sailing, and hoping the weather will be nice and warm in Bermuda. We are expecting the first sea day to be a bit chilly, then HOPING the 2nd sea day is warm, then arriving in Bermuda and again hoping for nice warm weather. We will arrive in Bermuda on Halloween, and be there Nov 1-2 too. Then, expecting the weather to be a bit chilly on our return day at sea. For us, it will be nice to be on a ship to just wind down from our busy summer we have had.

Last year, when we sailed on October 30th, it was the day after the freak snow storm hit the Northeast. We live near Rochester, NY, and drove to Albany and stayed overnight. We used the Yankee Trail Bus company to get into to New York City the day of the cruise. I was really glad this I did not have to drive into the city. My daughter and I took the cruise and we had a ball. We are headed back next year with our whole family for our 50th Wedding Anniversary Celebration.

Last year, when we sailed on October 30th, it was the day after the freak snow storm hit the Northeast. We live near Rochester, NY, and drove to Albany and stayed overnight. We used the Yankee Trail Bus company to get into to New York City the day of the cruise. I was really glad this I did not have to drive into the city. My daughter and I took the cruise and we had a ball. We are headed back next year with our whole family for our 50th Wedding Anniversary Celebration.

I am hoping there is not another "freak snowstorm" again this year! We went out of Manhatten on Nov. 1, 2009, and was just a little chilly. Went south and the next day at sea, was warm enough we could lay in the sunshine! Only time will tell what we will have this year.

Last year, we *returned* from Bermuda on October 30 aboard the NCL Gem, and it was quite something to be greeted at the dock by snow and to have to clean off our car. (It was also quite a wild ride back towards NY the night before as were sailing in that nor'easter that was dumping all that snow on land.)

We'd had spectacular, comfortable weather in Bermuda. I thought it was a great time of year to go. I can't imagine being there during the summer when it's really humid (and hotter). I'm sorry NCL has ended the cruises to Bermuda earlier this year.

GemCruiseOct20111398.jpg

(photo by turtles06)

Archived