Ski-ball on Explorer?

So I thought I read this in an older review and can't find it. I did a search but it just gives me a 40 page thread on Explorer and I still haven't found it after going through about 10 pages :eek: Does anyone know right off the bat if Explorer has ski-ball and if so, is there a charge? Thank you! This is my Dad's all time favorite thing to do so it would be awesome!

According to this review they have three skeeball games on board the Explorer. :)

As with all of the arcade games there is probably a charge (I didn't read the review beyond verification of the presence). Hopefully the games are still there when you cruise! Have a great cruise! :)

PS -- found picture of it from 2011! It looks like there is a charge.

DSC_0078.jpg

According to this review they have three skeeball games on board the Explorer. :)

As with all of the arcade games there is probably a charge (I didn't read the review beyond verification of the presence). Hopefully the games are still there when you cruise! Have a great cruise! :)

PS -- found picture of it from 2011! It looks like there is a charge.

DSC_0078.jpg

Wow. I have been on the Explorer 7 or 8 times and never saw these games. I guess I just didn't go into the arcade. I will have to check it out on our cruise this Dec. My grandson will be with us, so if it doesn't cost too much, I might challenge him to a game or two. Or maybe not.:rolleyes: He might expect to play all the time. I am sure you can rack up the bucks playing. At least he will be on his father's seapass.:p;)

WOW! That brings back memories!

My family used to run the game concessions and gift shop at Dorney Park, in Allentown, PA, and Skee Ball ("Skee" is the correct word, not "Ski") was among them. I think we had 20- 25 alleys at the time, and it was 10 cents per play. We'd have an attendant walk behind the players with a pocketed apron on. He (sometimes it was my grand father doing it) would make change for the players and hand out tickets based on the score to later be redeemed for prizes.

In later years, technology took over and we had change makers nearby and ticket dispensers attached to the alleys.

Of course, "we" had a "key" that could be inserted into the coin slot so we could play for free! :D

WOW! That brings back memories!

My family used to run the game concessions and gift shop at Dorney Park, in Allentown, PA, and Skee Ball ("Skee" is the correct word, not "Ski") was among them. I think we had 20- 25 alleys at the time, and it was 10 cents per play. We'd have an attendant walk behind the players with a pocketed apron on. He (sometimes it was my grand father doing it) would make change for the players and hand out tickets based on the score to later be redeemed for prizes.

In later years, technology took over and we had change makers nearby and ticket dispensers attached to the alleys.

Of course, "we" had a "key" that could be inserted into the coin slot so we could play for free! :D

That's awesome! I LOVED Dorney Park! My Dad would spend his day between riding the bumper cars and playing skee ball :) So many fabulous memories of us going to Wildwood or Cape May and all playing skee ball for HOURS with my Dad being our hero and having a ton of tickets for us to buy trinkets with! As a matter of fact, I'm now 38 and Dad is 67 and he STILL gets the most tickets when we make it to Cape May for family trips! :D

That's awesome! I LOVED Dorney Park! My Dad would spend his day between riding the bumper cars and playing skee ball :) So many fabulous memories of us going to Wildwood or Cape May and all playing skee ball for HOURS with my Dad being our hero and having a ton of tickets for us to buy trinkets with! As a matter of fact, I'm now 38 and Dad is 67 and he STILL gets the most tickets when we make it to Cape May for family trips! :D

Yeah, Dorney Park and Skee Ball. You might have paid for some of my cruises! ;)

Archived