someone told the brand ambassador the entree portions were too large?

H82seaUgo

If you travel outside of the US you will find that meal portions are quite a bit smaller than at home and that the meal times last longer. If you eat slower and enjoy your food plus take a bit of time in between the courses you will find it does not take near as much food to fill you. In the US we have become very accustom to SUPER SIZE and wolfing the food down and this is part of what promps the complaints about amount of food and dinner took to long.

OP the silly swirls are not to fill the plate up it is for presentation purposes

I absolutely agree with this.... but it's not just the US, it's spreading into Canada also. When combined with a soup and/or an appy and dessert, some of the entrees are too large IMO. It would be interesting to calculate the calories in some of those meals - and I'm as guilty of eating waaay to much some cruise days as the next guy. ;) I would bet many people don't even recognize what a healthy portion size actually is anymore.

are they kidding?

since at least the mid 90's, i've been ordering two entrees every night since they started cutting the portions. Aand then they even cut the amount of courses.

my complaint is there is more plate these days than food! so they fill it up with those silly decorations and swirls.

he's even asked for feedback on his facebook page.

We just got off the Ecstasy and noticed a huge difference in the size of entrees compared to the cruise we took this past January. Not only is there a difference in portion size, but there just continues to be issues with their ability to serve food at their proper temperatures.

Portions are to large for me as well.

That is why I get a "starter size" of an entree instead of the entree itself.

Not all entrees come in starter size...but if that is an option, I take it.

Of course the portions are too large, as the portions in almost every restaurant are. The super sizing of the food portions doesn't just hold for the entrees - look at the patrons. I agree that most people don't know what a normal size food portion is. When we go out to eat we usually order one entrée and split it or know that we have enough to take home for the next day. The portions, especially for the pasta dishes, are huge. The only exception to this is the lobster and in that case just order more. I think the portions should be smaller and if you're still hungry you can order another one - or two. It's better to start small and add to it if you're still hungry.

Personally, I find the entrees too large (except for lobster night) and the veggie sides and salads too small, but I like lots and lots of veggies - so I just order extra vegetables.

I wish one of the dessert options were the tiny ones you sometimes see (about the size of a shot glass???) at restaurants. If you want to try different desserts you can order a trio of them, or if you want just a taste of the sweets it's a perfect size. You don't need to replace the full size desserts, but offer the smaller portions for those who prefer.

Back before I had gastric bypass surgery (and this is one of the reasons I had it), I could easily eat 6 courses (app, soup, salad, pasta, main, dessert) plus bread and butter. Now I have 3 courses and never finish anything. I think the portion sizes are just fine. If you want more, order more.

Honestly, I would love for portion sizes to be smaller. I'm in the "love to eat" category and I would love to be able to eat a larger variety of things without wasting anything. As it is, I think the portion sizes are just about perfect for a 3 course meal with bread as they serve it now.

The bean counter is already calculating the cost savings of serving a 3 ounce flat iron.

Many reviews have criticisms about service slowness and items ordered not being delivered period. I'm not sure the concept of reordering if you want more really works with the current number of tables each team has to cover.

Here's where they get the flat iron steak from

http://www.jerriledford.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Rocks-2.jpg

They can cut it back to 0 ounces as far as I'm concerned. A God awful piece of steak that shouldn't be served to animals.

I think the size is fine because you can order extra if you are able to eat more, I just wish they would let you order the sides you want~you can but they come in addition to the ones on the plate this is such a waste, like the fried chicken they make you get the mashed potatoes and broccoli and I only want french fries!

We just returned from the Valor in September and noticed the portions in the main dining room considerably smaller then our last Carnival cruise in 2010. But having said that we sure didn't go hungry and if we wanted more we could have ordered more. I think the portions are perfect. Let the big eaters order more if they feel deprived!

I can agree that the portions are larger than the recommended servings size that the health police are pushing. But...it's your choice to eat it all or not. You can order many entrees as appetizers. The minute CCL starts to reduce the size of the meals in the MDR, this board will be flooded with the complainers that Carnival's cut backs are now happening to the amount of food they serve you and it just ruined their cruise so much they removed all their tips and further more, no more Carnival for them.

OMG, I have an eating disorder:eek: Those portions are NOT too big.:D I already most always order more than one entree.And I'm no spring chicken.

Maybe its a male / female thing?? As I notice those who think the portions arent too big are mostly males.

are they kidding?

since at least the mid 90's, i've been ordering two entrees every night since they started cutting the portions. Aand then they even cut the amount of courses.

my complaint is there is more plate these days than food! so they fill it up with those silly decorations and swirls.

he's even asked for feedback on his facebook page.

Whoops read this wrong. Thought you posted that the Brand ambassador was too large LoL. :D:D;)

I can only eat 3-4 oz at a time since my VSG(I have lost over 180 lbs since 3-21-12) so the portion size will be to big for me,lol.

I used to order 2-3 entrees though probably the reason I used to weigh 600 lbs:eek:, plus lobster night last year I got 12 of them down, they are a little small but the carcass picture is a hoot, I will try and find it for a good laugh.

They are too big to me. My whole family would eat that much meat in one dinner as they serve to one person.

I never finish my entree, so its a big waste of food to me.

I do want two lobsters though, but I dont eat anything else on the plate generally to eat that much.

You have got to be kidding! Are you serious when you say that you can feed your whole family on an 8oz piece of steak? Or a leg quarter of chicken? Are you really being serious?

Whoops read this wrong. Thought you posted that the Brand ambassador was too large LoL. :D:D;)

No but from what Ive been reading people have been tellin him that:eek:

Smaller is OK. I'll just double up :D I can understand reducing the portion sizes as some do not take the eating challenge as seriously as I do. I've never felt short changed when it comes to buffet meals or cruise dining. I do however never leave anything on my plate as I believe it is disrespectful in so many ways. I've watched many people take plates from the buffet and only take bites while leaving 1/2 the plate untouched. This is not only wasteful but increases the cost of cruising and we end up paying for it in the long run :mad: when will people realize nothing is free.

Archived