Pregnant cruising? At what stage is it stopped?

DT1304

Planning a cruise of the Greek isles next year, but also planning a pregnancy.

The cruise that we looking at is on a very good special rate, but it is non refundable.

At what stage of the pregnancy do the cruise lines stop taking passengers?

I think I read somewhere that it is 24 weeks. If all goes according to plan, my wife will be close to that at the intended travel time.

You need to check the FAQ of each cruise line. A couple years ago they lowered it to less than 24 weeks by last day of cruise. I think some have increased it by a week. But it is stated in your cruise line facts on their website. EM

As has been said, the actual rules do vary by cruise line although 24 weeks is probably close to the median used by most lines. Since we are not premitted to reference links to travel agency web sites (some have all the various cruise line policies in one place) you might try to Google "cruise line pregnancy policy." There is also a related news story that was posted here on CC you can reference at :

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=2665

Hank

For example, RCI's policy is that you cannot enter your 24th week at the start or anytime during the cruise.

You also have to have a note from your physician stating how far along in weeks you are so as to confirm the 24 week rule, are not a high risk pregancy, and are in good health and fit to travel. The letter needs to be on file prior to boarding so that your records are noted. They will also deny boarding if any of the stated requirements are not met.

I would check with the cruise line you are interested in to have them verify their policy, and be clear on both their policy and your state of pregancy before you book - especially if there is any issue of money not refundable. I believe most cruise lines are similar in their requirements.

Archived