Soy milk for toddler

cmoore120

We are taking our 3 year old on her first cruise in July 2013. This will be our 9th cruise but first with her. She loves soy milk and would go crazy if she didn't have it for 7 days. I know Carnival does not have it on the ship and we will have to carry it on. Does anyone have suggestions on how we will do this? Do we just check in a cooler of soy milk with our luggage? We will be in a balony room on the Breeze. Our PVP said the refrigerator will be okay for this or we can just keep ice in our cooler. Anyone have any tips on how to handle this. I'm not worried about taking into ports because she can drink bottles of juice and water in the ports. Thanks!!

Don't they make it in those boxes that don't need refrigeration? If so, that's what I'd take.

I'm betting that she won't be too upset if she can't get it....routine things seem to go out the window when kids are in a different place and on a different schedule.

Bring the milk in your carryon. Carnival allows coolers no larger than 12x12x12.

The fridges onboard are more like coolers. OK for drinks but I wouldn't trust them for anything that could potentially spoil.

I've seen containers of non-refridgerated soy milk in Costco.

I have tried the non refrigerated soy milk and she knows the difference. She loves her soy milk! Thanks for the advice on the cooler. I think we will be able to fit enough milk for 6 days in that size cooler. Thanks again!

I have tried the non refrigerated soy milk and she knows the difference. She loves her soy milk! Thanks for the advice on the cooler. I think we will be able to fit enough milk for 6 days in that size cooler. Thanks again!

Our son is severely allergic, and I need to take 1 liter of soy milk per day on each cruise, as he cannot drink anything else. We always clear it with the cruise company first, but there has never been any problem. On AIDA, they did not have a fridge in the cabin, so his soy milk was stored in the ship's main refrigerator - not the easiest option. The biggest problem is actually getting the stuff TO the ship (by airplane), but, so far, we've luckily been ok with our doctor's note (and ringing security beforehand...).

AIDA was the only ship which actually also had soy milk on board, but it was the salted kind - which, of course, our DS would not drink!

Good luck to you!

• 2 months later...
We are taking our 3 year old on her first cruise in July 2013. This will be our 9th cruise but first with her. She loves soy milk and would go crazy if she didn't have it for 7 days. I know Carnival does not have it on the ship and we will have to carry it on. Does anyone have suggestions on how we will do this? Do we just check in a cooler of soy milk with our luggage? We will be in a balony room on the Breeze. Our PVP said the refrigerator will be okay for this or we can just keep ice in our cooler. Anyone have any tips on how to handle this. I'm not worried about taking into ports because she can drink bottles of juice and water in the ports. Thanks!!

I always get soy milk in my iced mocha chino from the specialty coffee shop, so I do know they have it. Ask for it in the buffet or main dining room. I see you are also doing the Ecstasy on January 19th, so am I.

I would call Carnival and double check your information... when we were on the Legend two years ago we we able to get Soy Milk for our daughter who is lactose intolerant. Dining room was easy, on the lido, once they knew who she was, they kept it at one station for her - she just had to ask.

Archived