sunshine: no traditional dining?

H82seaUgo

Yet another false rumor.

We have confirmed late dining on what will be the newest flagship in the Carnival fleet!

being carnival has already stated sunshine will not be a flagship as it does not meet its flagship criteria, i wonder if your other statement is false as well.

Oh, for goodness sake, it's a word. Guess it's a good thing Sunshine wasn't called a "boat". I think the word flagship is quite cool.

We enjoyed Destiny...I was surprised to hear the extensive renovations it's getting (I didn't think it was bad at all 5 years ago). But I'm sure it'll be nice when it debuts as Sunshine.

Guest LoveMyBoxer
John Heald didn't say it was a rumor. He called it interesting and said he'd check. My feeling is it probably will be Freestyle dining every meal as a trial run to see how it does. What a better ship to try it on, since it's going to have more dining options.

I agree. Usually when it's a rumor, he dismisses it right away. His wording was well picked in case he says something he's not supposed to and then gets bashed.

John Heald didn't say it was a rumor. He called it interesting and said he'd check. My feeling is it probably will be Freestyle dining every meal as a trial run to see how it does. What a better ship to try it on, since it's going to have more dining options.

Why couldn't they just leave a good thing alone? Ever heard "if it ain't broke, don't fix it ?" :rolleyes:

Why couldn't they just leave a good thing alone? Ever heard "if it ain't broke, don't fix it ?" :rolleyes:

I prefer ATD I dont wanna be told when to eat and who to eat with.. Just My 2cents worth.. Dont most ships have 2 dinning rooms? Cant they have one traditional and one ATD? So both can be happy?

I prefer ATD I dont wanna be told when to eat and who to eat with.. Just My 2cents worth.. Dont most ships have 2 dinning rooms? Cant they have one traditional and one ATD? So both can be happy?

The new Carnival Sunshine will have a forward lower dining room and an aft upper and lower. I suspect the forward dining room will be Your Time dining and maybe part of the aft. Or maybe they will adjust room cruise to cruise depending on demand.

John has also said there ill be refrigerators in all the cabins, but I'll believe that when I see it.

https://www.goccl.com/irman/bookccl/the_fleet/Sunshine/SH_Ship_Features_and_Pubilc_Areas.htm

Name: Forward Dining Room

Hours: hours vary depending on port / at sea days

Function: Restaurant

sit-down waiter service

‘Your Time’ open seating

open daily for breakfast - lunch - dinner

Name: Aft Dining Room

Hours: hours vary depending on port / at sea days

Function: Restaurant

sit-down waiter service

open daily for breakfast - lunch - dinner

ONLY 2 for FEE Venues

Name: Fahrenheit 555 Steakhouse

Hours: 6:00pm-9:30pm

Function: Steakhouse and Bar

Reservations-recommended

Reservations fee

Sit down waiter service

Name: Cucina del Capitano

Hours: open for dinner

Function: Italian Restaurant

Made-to-order Italian favorites

Reservations and Walk-ins accepted

Reservations fee

Sit down waiter service

The new ship will get more than that!

A stunning new full-service Asian restaurant inspired by the line’s popular Mongolian wok casual eateries that will feature an extensive menu of delicious favorites from the Far East, along with a striking Asian-themed décor (no charge for lunch with a nominal fee for dinner)

and even more! Yum!

Not to start another debate, but we prefer traditional dining - it's one of the features that makes cruising unique. We love having the same table and waitstaff each evening. But it's great that most lines now offer a choice - I realize not everyone wants to eat at a set time, or with other people (we request a smaller table whenever possible). I wouldn't want Carnival to go the way of NCL and ONLY offer ATD.

JH has posted on Facebook that this rumor is NOT true. There will be set dining times as well as MTD.

Do people sit around thinking this stuff up?

I found it odd that it took him a day to find out after him saying he would check it out.

Really? I did not.. I have never met the man, but guessing that he is pretty busy between his job, blog, and other questions. He may have had the answer earlier, but he does have alot on his plate.. :)

Archived