Over The Water cabana at Nellies BOOKED - What pics do you want?

And do you need water shoes at Nellie's OTW cabanas?

Thanks for the gorgeous pictures. I'm copying this thread and sending the link to our friends who will be joining us in March.

I took my watershoes, just in case, but didn't need them. The beach there is really, really, nice.

I took my shoes off first thing in the AM, and only put them back on when I went to lunch. :)

Ask and you shall recieve! :D

Here are some pics taken by Curtis (bionicman97). See his wonderful review of Freedom here. (we cruised at the same time)

These 3 pics were taken by him from the ship. I doctored them up:

Labadeepic001.jpg

Labadeepic000.jpg

Labadeepic002.jpg

You are correct in what is included.

And on the freedom they had no "Specials" on buckets of beers. You want 6, you pay for 6. No deals. (not like before when you paid for 5 and got 6.

So we just ordered 4 at a time (1 each to drink right away, and 2 more for the cooler).

Wow, beautiful pictures and descriptions. These have got me thinking..:)

Excellent question! I can't swim but I like to go out in the ocean anyway :D I love snorkeling and parasailing and jet skiing and stuff. But I am afraid to jump into really deep water. My friends/family sharing the cabana with me want deep water to get into though so I think I got over ruled...

Thanks for the idea Princess. :D I didn't know that these were that nice..

It sounds like the waterfront options are the nicest, but they all seem great. Plus I heard that the lunch options are much better including steak, schrimp and lobster. Is that also correct?

I know you're a vegetarian and I give you a lot of credit for that. I just haven't been able to pull that trigger yet..

Thanks for the idea Princess. :D I didn't know that these were that nice..

It sounds like the waterfront options are the nicest, but they all seem great. Plus I heard that the lunch options are much better including steak, schrimp and lobster. Is that also correct?

I know you're a vegetarian and I give you a lot of credit for that. I just haven't been able to pull that trigger yet..

Thanks! It isn't easy! Especially when I smell bacon :p Yeah, they say that the lunch is really good and that the shrimp and chicken skewers were great! I haven't heard about lobster but did hear that the steak was excellent! They look sooo nice. Can't wait!

Thanks! It isn't easy! Especially when I smell bacon :p Yeah, they say that the lunch is really good and that the shrimp and chicken skewers were great! I haven't heard about lobster but did hear that the steak was excellent! They look sooo nice. Can't wait!

I reserved an Over the Water Cabana. Having your own private beach with an attendant and an upgraded lunch (snorkel equipment included?) was just too good to pass up. Maybe we'll be next to each other. ha you don't have to worry, I never drink "too" much on vacation as it's senseless to waste a day with a self inflicted illness (hangover) as a drink or two is all I need completely relax and enjoy myself. well except for the bones pirate boat, those rum punches went down way too easy, but they must have used high quality alcohol as there was no hangover the next day at all. Even people that don't swim or snorkel had a "Great" time.

I appreciate all the info in this thread! I had originally booked a hillside cabana for our trip in April, but I did change the reservation to the over the water cabana b/c of all these excellent posts. We really wanted to be near the water and I think that based on the info I saw in this thread we would be much further away if we chose the hillside option.

I reserved an Over the Water Cabana. Having your own private beach with an attendant and an upgraded lunch (snorkel equipment included?) was just too good to pass up. Maybe we'll be next to each other. ha you don't have to worry, I never drink "too" much on vacation as it's senseless to waste a day with a self inflicted illness (hangover) as a drink or two is all I need completely relax and enjoy myself. well except for the bones pirate boat, those rum punches went down way too easy, but they must have used high quality alcohol as there was no hangover the next day at all. Even people that don't swim or snorkel had a "Great" time.

Awesome! My parents aren't joining us there (we're trying to drag them in lol) so it will be us wild and crazy late 30's early 40's and a 2 year old lol! We do feel it our duty to get Labadoozie's though! And I promised someone a pic! I'll be the short redhead with tattoos taking pictures of EVERYTHING :p

Awesome! My parents aren't joining us there (we're trying to drag them in lol) so it will be us wild and crazy late 30's early 40's and a 2 year old lol! We do feel it our duty to get Labadoozie's though! And I promised someone a pic! I'll be the short redhead with tattoos taking pictures of EVERYTHING :p

I'll be the old guy with grey hair trying to retain every bit of youth I can. .:D

It would be nice if we could have one thread with all the labadee cabana pics - it's no wonder no one can ever find info, I think I new thread is posted every other day and people ask the same questions.

erincruiser, would you add them to this thread, it would be great to keep everything current and uptodate in one place . . as changes happen and new ones built, info can be shared

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1625781

or

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1682591

ps - this thread will get moved to private islands eventually

We have over the water cabana for March. Do the stairs lead into deep or shallow waters? I do not swim, just stand in the water. Are there rocks in the water?

I just realized you're the one in our cabin the week before us. We have an OTW at Nellie's reserved too. Wouldn't it be wild if we have the same cabana?

I just wanted to thank everybody who contributed to this thread with their pictures and wonderful information. I really appreciate it and have already booked our "Over The Water Cabana" for our family cruise (I think a good value for 6 people)....yes I know a little early, but better to be safe than sorry! :)

It would be nice if we could have one thread with all the labadee cabana pics - it's no wonder no one can ever find info, I think I new thread is posted every other day and people ask the same questions.

erincruiser, would you add them to this thread, it would be great to keep everything current and uptodate in one place . . as changes happen and new ones built, info can be shared

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1625781

or

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1682591

ps - this thread will get moved to private islands eventually

Done. I added all my pics to the "Nellie's Cabana Question" thread over in the "Private Islands" section.

Wow, beautiful pictures and descriptions. These have got me thinking..:)

The only Cabanas that are reservable are the ones on Nellies beach. All other cabanas are available on the ship through the concierge.

did you have a Nellies Hillside cabana?

Done. I added all my pics to the "Nellie's Cabana Question" thread over in the "Private Islands" section.

ok - I took the liberty of also adding them to the picture thread too. I gave credit where due of coarse:D

Ask and you shall recieve! :D

Here are some pics taken by Curtis (bionicman97). See his wonderful review of Freedom here. (we cruised at the same time)

These 3 pics were taken by him from the ship. I doctored them up:

Labadeepic001.jpg

Labadeepic000.jpg

Labadeepic002.jpg

You are correct in what is included.

And on the freedom they had no "Specials" on buckets of beers. You want 6, you pay for 6. No deals. (not like before when you paid for 5 and got 6.

So we just ordered 4 at a time (1 each to drink right away, and 2 more for the cooler).

Hi Erin, so did you have a Nellies Hillside Cabana?

The only Cabanas that are reservable are the ones on Nellies beach. All other cabanas are available on the ship through the concierge.

did you have a Nellies Hillside cabana?

I'm pretty sure all Cabanas for both Barefoot Beach (suite guests) and Nellie's Beach (anybody) can be booked online. I just booked mine for this summer and all 6 choices of Cabanas were available.

Also, Erin had a Hillside at Nellies.

We were on the Oasis Sept 1st and had a Beach Cabana on Nellies. I'll post a few pictures. I know this is about the water ones, but I thought this may be helpful too. **All pictures are on Nellies

249600_645800494048_1631358632_n.jpg

Ours was the one in the middle of the picture-second from the left overall.

393571_645800129778_1349796989_n.jpg

View from cabana. It was not obstructed by the wall.

310365_645800294448_1771329720_n.jpg

Inside.

262283_645801307418_1638286269_n.jpg

Loungers.

576874_645800658718_581052258_n.jpg

485833_645801047938_498199994_n.jpg

This shows some of the ones with water access.

Hope these help!

We were on the Oasis Sept 1st and had a Beach Cabana on Nellies. I'll post a few pictures. I know this is about the water ones, but I thought this may be helpful too.

Thank you...excellent photos. ;)

I know many will LOVE you for these photos. Many people have been looking for the "On the Beach Cabanas". You also have great photos of "On the Water Cabanas" !!! :)

Thanks so much for the photos. They just reconfirm our booking early and making sure we have one. It looks like there are 10 OTW at Nellie's? We might have some more friends to join us (right now we're 6) and I told them if they do they are responsible for getting their own cabana (which I can't guarantee depending on when they book, one couple would likely be last minute).

I'm pretty sure all Cabanas for both Barefoot Beach (suite guests) and Nellie's Beach (anybody) can be booked online. I just booked mine for this summer and all 6 choices of Cabanas were available.

Also, Erin had a Hillside at Nellies.

You must have special privileges or an upscale suite. we are in a junior suite which must not rate.. :D

I was very sad to see this, but I feel obligated to be with our group.. maybe another time if it presents itself.

Your reservation has been cancelled. Please print this page for your records.

Cruise: 9 Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise

Ship Name: Explorer Of The Seas

Date of Departure: 24-Feb-2013

Departing From: Cape Liberty Cruise Port, New Jersey

Beach Cabana - Over the Water at Nellie's Beach

09:00 AM

Total Cost*: 250.00 USD

DAY 7

02-Mar-2013

Labadee, Haiti

Archived