Over The Water cabana at Nellies BOOKED - What pics do you want?

To me it looks like they had a hillside cabana.

This is true. We had no beach access directly. We walked up a long flight of rock steps to get to ours. To me this was perfectly fine. I didn't want to be right on the beach surrounded by people. It was the feeling of having our own private little place that I wanted, and got. When we wanted to swim, and mingle, we walked down the steps to the beach, found our chairs and beach mats, and went out in the (very warm) water.

If you look at the 3rd last picture (taken from the water perspective) you will see those cabanas with beach access (steps or ramp) down to the water.

If you go over to the Ports of Call boards (private islands) you will find tons of pictures and information on the cabanas. We booked an over-the-water at Nellie's beach and I wanted to see a good picture of them. From reading over on the ports of call boards, it sounds like there are to sets of OTW cabanas at Nellies. One set is on the right side of the beach and the other is on the left side of the beach. Here are my two favorites pictures:

Nellie's Left.pdf

Nellie's Right.pdf

Erinscruisers - they look so private! Beautiful!

SMurhphy I've looked all over the private islands board but I see lots of far away pics or confusing pics where they post a Barefoot cabana in the Nellie thread and then no one knows if that's an actual Nellie one or not and then the map of Barefoot gets posted and it's mass confusion again, lol! I would love to see an actual map with the cabana #'s on it so that I could really overthink my reservations lol!

I have booked a beach cabana (Nellie's) as our 3 yr old GS will be with us and I thought it would be easier not to have to worry about steps and rocks.

What a believe is included is: towels, ice cooler, better lunch, 3 bottles of water, and a person to get drinks if wanted (drinks must be on sailpass card for cost). Can you get buckets of beer there?

The last time we were at Labadee was 2003 and it was a tender port with a lot less going on (like nothing!:eek:)

Thanks for any help. Jan

Erinscruisers - they look so private! Beautiful!

SMurhphy I've looked all over the private islands board but I see lots of far away pics or confusing pics where they post a Barefoot cabana in the Nellie thread and then no one knows if that's an actual Nellie one or not and then the map of Barefoot gets posted and it's mass confusion again, lol! I would love to see an actual map with the cabana #'s on it so that I could really overthink my reservations lol!

Ask and you shall recieve! :D

Here are some pics taken by Curtis (bionicman97). See his wonderful review of Freedom here. (we cruised at the same time)

These 3 pics were taken by him from the ship. I doctored them up:

Labadeepic001.jpg

Labadeepic000.jpg

Labadeepic002.jpg

I have booked a beach cabana (Nellie's) as our 3 yr old GS will be with us and I thought it would be easier not to have to worry about steps and rocks.

What a believe is included is: towels, ice cooler, better lunch, 3 bottles of water, and a person to get drinks if wanted (drinks must be on sailpass card for cost). Can you get buckets of beer there?... Jan

You are correct in what is included.

And on the freedom they had no "Specials" on buckets of beers. You want 6, you pay for 6. No deals. (not like before when you paid for 5 and got 6.

So we just ordered 4 at a time (1 each to drink right away, and 2 more for the cooler).

ErinCruisers, Thanks for the clarification - so your cabana was not "Over the Water".

So my understanding of all OTW cabanas having direct water access is still correct.

Wow erin-cruiser thank you!! The labeling is so helpful for over planner's like me!

since you're more up on the reviews than I am (clearly, lol) do you know if anyone posted pictures of the actual water access from an OTW cabana on Nellies?

You're both very welcome.

I know that two others on our roll call had Cabana's on Nellie's beach, and in one of Curtis' pics you can see the Pirate flag on their porch.

I'll drop a note over there and see if one of them took pics of their "Beach access" cabana. :)

I am asking about the Nellies BEACH Cabanas, not on the hill, and not over the water. It looks like there is a wall separating them from the direct beach area?? Is this wall tall - does it block view of beach area? I have seen most pics of over the water - that is why I am asking - thank you so much!

I am asking about the Nellies BEACH Cabanas, not on the hill, and not over the water. It looks like there is a wall separating them from the direct beach area?? Is this wall tall - does it block view of beach area? I have seen most pics of over the water - that is why I am asking - thank you so much!

I'm sure someone here will know but I can get a picture of it and let you know in my review when I get back :D

Coco Cay may not be as pretty as Labadee, but we did rent our first Cabana ever, and even though it was $200, it was worth it.

There were 4 of us, and we each got a large bottle of water, plus the champagne. We also got 2 snorkel kits and 2 floating mats. Those items alone cover a large part of the Cabana cost.

I think that our food was also a better quality than the main dining area. At least it seemed to be to me, since they were cooking it right there for us and there were such a small number of people in the area.

I think I would definitely do it again with 4 people. Luckily on our cruise only a few Cabanas were booked by suite people and we were 3rd in line on the wait list.

2576673100105388538eOMJIN_th.jpg

Once you arrive at the island, just ask for the cabanas, and they will direct you to the Labadee limo shuttle (open air covered golf cart tram) that will take you directly to your cabana. Once you are at your cabana, they will distribute the bright neon bracelets for each person.

If you were standing on Nellies beach looking out, this Cabana is the second cabana on the water. Its actually #6 (pirate flag). Cabana #5 and #6 share the handicap ramp that goes down to the beach waters edge.

There are six over the water cabanas on the left of Nellies beach if you were to look out over the water. Each two cabanas share a common stairway down to the water.

Your cabana steward is there at all times. There are about three cabana persons that sit behind the cabanas should you need anything. They will take your bar orders and pick up the drinks for you.

They personally take you over to Barefoot beach for the buffet luncheon.

They will provide as many floating mats as you need.

The cabanas are pre assigned at the office on the Island. If you get there early they will change the cabana if others are still available. They just have to check with the boss in the office who made the assignments to begin with.

We spent most of our time in the water on a floating mat. The day went by quickly....

There was six of us, so the cost was split 6 ways which is not bad for your own private tiki hut for the day.

We are booked to visit again in December, and we can't wait!

If you click on the picture, it will take you to Webshots where I posted other cabana pics.

Dorothy

Ahoy treacher1

In one of Glens pictures you will see some cabanas with a yellow wall in front of them. The wall is of short height and will not block your view of the beach.

Toddcan: You are correct, if you book an over the water cabana, it will be up on the boulders with a private stairway down to the water.

The rest rooms are a one minute walk from the cabanas.

If you are traveling as a couple, you might want to see if someone on the roll call would like to share the cost of the cabana with you.

It's worth the cost for a little piece of paradise!

Dorothy

Coco Cay may not be as pretty as Labadee, but we did rent our first Cabana ever, and even though it was $200, it was worth it.

There were 4 of us, and we each got a large bottle of water, plus the champagne. We also got 2 snorkel kits and 2 floating mats. Those items alone cover a large part of the Cabana cost.

I think that our food was also a better quality than the main dining area. At least it seemed to be to me, since they were cooking it right there for us and there were such a small number of people in the area.

I think I would definitely do it again with 4 people. Luckily on our cruise only a few Cabanas were booked by suite people and we were 3rd in line on the wait list.

We visited CocoCay on our Freedom of the Seas sailing on Sept 16, 2012.

I was able to walk around the area to see what the cabanas were all about.

I walked right up to the grill where they were cooking for the special buffet.

Half of the cabanas were empty. If you are not able to book on the Royal Caribbeans web site, I would certainly make a bee line to the excursions desk once you board the ship.

If there is no one at the excursions desk, go to a guest services person to make your request and find out when the tour desk person will be there.

Dorothy

Parrotheadtoo Thank you so much for great pictures!! There are so very few really detailed cabana pics, especially from the water! OMG I can't wait! :D So did you share a ramp to a different set of private stairs for each cabana? Or did both cabanas share the same stairs to the water? It seems like the ramp ended at the beach and not on the water in one of the pictures. Was that just the ramp to the actual cabana? Thanks so much! Or should I say ARRRRRRRRRRRRR :p

We have over the water cabana for March. Do the stairs lead into deep or shallow waters? I do not swim, just stand in the water. Are there rocks in the water?

Excellent question! I can't swim but I like to go out in the ocean anyway :D I love snorkeling and parasailing and jet skiing and stuff. But I am afraid to jump into really deep water. My friends/family sharing the cabana with me want deep water to get into though so I think I got over ruled...

Archived