Over The Water cabana at Nellies BOOKED - What pics do you want?

I'm cross posting this from the private islands boards since so many more people are on here. Also I know there are some RCCL specific things on the island that people may want pictures of or answers about:

So what pictures would you like or what questions do you want me to answer? I'm going for full on leisure day that day so I will walk around and take good pictures of whatever my cruisecritic peeps would like I looked everywhere for one good full on shot of the OTW beach cabanas from the water so I could see the front or at least from an angle where I can see exactly where they are facing from the water side. I know some face the beach, one shares access to the water (I think?) and I presume the others are on a rock jut out? I'm going to take pictures also of the water entrance area of ours - I'm wondering if it's stairs, a ladder, rocky, sandy, shallow or deep? lol

Anyway - what question do you want me to try to find the answer to there or what picture would you like me to get? I'm at your service

I'll be on Labadee on March 2nd so plenty of time for you to be able to see pics and a review! :D I just have to know everything about everything before I cruise, lol, so I get so frustrated not having really accurate pics. If anyone else out there is as OCD as I am about this stuff I'm happy to give them a detailed review and pics!

It will be our first time at Labadee and a cabana.

I have booked an over the water cabin. I have heard there are new cabanas. Maybe a few pictures of those or any cabanas.

Can you ask how they choose who gets which cabana - ie. are the cabana assigned to the first come to the cabana area, the next person gets the next cabana or the cabana assigned by date of booking?

What was the food like?

How many bottles of water are included and can you get more? DH drinks alot of water.

We have the exact same type of Cabana booked for March.

Pics I'd like to see:

I hear they have built more cabanas -

Please take pics of all those that are considered "Over the Water" at Nellies.

I didn't take any pictures but just got back from the Oasis and had an over the water cabana booked. It was the perfect way to enjoy the entire day with DH and DD. My only complaint is our cabana attendant, Fritz, did not speak English very well, so the communication was difficult at times.

I didn't take any pictures but just got back from the Oasis and had an over the water cabana booked. It was the perfect way to enjoy the entire day with DH and DD. My only complaint is our cabana attendant, Fritz, did not speak English very well, so the communication was difficult at times.

I'm ok with that one :) I lived in Haiti for 18 months and still speak Creole.

Yes, I know I am the exception.

I get great deals in the open market though - when Haitians see a 40-something white tourist speaking to them in Creole, it's awesome. I had quite the crowd around us. But, I did pay more for some paintings that I know I could have - I could afford to.

Anyway - what question do you want me to try to find the answer to there or what picture would you like me to get? I'm at your service

When are you going? Are you referring to the Explorer cruise in your signature that is 130 days out? I just need to know when to check back as I don't plan on going back to Labadee before 2014, or possibly late 2013. I will be curious about the swimming or snorkeling right out of the cabanas.

Read it in a later post! I can wait :)

BillOh yes, I'm going to Labadee on the Explorer cruise so March 2nd 2013 :)

So far I've got pic requests for:

Newly built cabanas

All OTW cabanas

Cabana from each location

water access from OTW cabana

Other beaches on Labadee

And I'll ask:

How do they decide who gets what cabana?

How many water bottles do I get in the cabana? Can I ask for more?

Can I get champagne?

How is the food? - This one is tricky because I'm a vegetarian but I'll put my meat loving friends on the case and get their review of the food :p

BillOh yes, I'm going to Labadee on the Explorer cruise so March 2nd 2013 :)

Newly built cabanas

All OTW cabanas

Other beaches on Labadee

And I'll ask:

Can I get champagne?

How is the food? - This one is tricky because I'm a vegetarian but I'll put my meat loving friends on the case and get their review of the food :p

Our trip is Mar. 24 and we have an over-the-water at Nellie's booked too.

Besides what the others have requested, is there any way you can identify on your photos what cabanas are which and locations to things ie. restrooms, sign-in for zipline etc. And find out if there is any way to request a particular one.

Do they give you a menu for drinks? I've heard of the Laboodozie (not sure of spelling), so if you get that a photo and review of that would be nice). What comes and can you specify what you want in cooler?

Also, can you get any food brought to you at the cabana or can you bring anything off ship to snack on? Any menu? I've heard of the nicer buffet at Barefoot and that sounds great.

Thanks for your offer and we will look forward to the review. Hopefully you will have a chance to do it before we leave not long after you.

Wanttocruisemore, I will take one for the team and order a Labadoozie just to get a pic and review! :p No problem! I'm also wondering about the snorkel equipment so I'll be sure to include that. I'm doing the zip line on Labadee so I'll include how long it took me to get there from the cabana as well in my review. I'm the type that just has to post a review when I get back right away so I'm sure it will be up before you go! :D Updated:

Labeled cabana pics

Newly built cabanas

All OTW cabanas

Other beaches on Labadee

Labadoozie

Drink menu

And I'll ask:

Can you request a particular cabana in advance?

What else comes in the cooler?

Can I get champagne?

How is the food? - This one is tricky because I'm a vegetarian but I'll put my meat loving friends on the case and get their review of the food

Is there a food menu?

Can we bring snacks from the ship into the cabana?

What is the proximity of the cabanas to restrooms, zip line, etc.

Can you get snorkel equipment? If so, how much?

I wrote a small review in the Ports (Private Island) section, and will post my pics there tonight (when I get home).

You have lots of questions. - questions are good. :D

I took my own snorkel gear, but I saw others with gear so I imagine you can rent there somewhere.

There were folks coming and going in front of our cabana with kayaks too.

We got three bottles of water, but I imagine you could ask for more. Bear in mind they are VERY LARGE bottles, not the small ones you buy on board.

Any drink you can get at a bar on the island you could get at your Cabana.

We stuck to beer. To save wear and tear (not to mention interruptions) we ordered two at a time from him, and put the 2nd on in the cooler to stay cold.

We tipped him at the end for his service.

The washrooms were just a short hike away. From the cabanas you turn left for the food. Washrooms you turn right.

We never tried to bring snacks, don't know why you couldn't.

I wrote a small review in the Ports (Private Island) section, and will post my pics there tonight (when I get home).

You have lots of questions. - questions are good. :D

I took my own snorkel gear, but I saw others with gear so I imagine you can rent there somewhere.

There were folks coming and going in front of our cabana with kayaks too.

We got three bottles of water, but I imagine you could ask for more. Bear in mind they are VERY LARGE bottles, not the small ones you buy on board.

Any drink you can get at a bar on the island you could get at your Cabana.

We stuck to beer. To save wear and tear (not to mention interruptions) we ordered two at a time from him, and put the 2nd on in the cooler to stay cold.

We tipped him at the end for his service.

The washrooms were just a short hike away. From the cabanas you turn left for the food. Washrooms you turn right.

We never tried to bring snacks, don't know why you couldn't.

Can you post here also?

Dang, I was going have you take a shot of the last few on the left hand point looking out to the water from Nellies beach but I'm going to beat you there, Ill be there January 11th on the Independence. So Luckyprincess, if you want any pics before your cruise let me know and I'll get them for you.

We have 2 OTW cabanas reserved at Nellies but there are 2 ships in that day and we're the second ship in:(, I hope we can get them together.....

Of course I will.:o I would be sleeping there too but I'm going to see the excursion desk as soon as we board and see if there is any way we can reserve 2 of them next too each other. I just know all those Enchantmentites are gunna snag up all the good ones before we even get there.:p Plus like I said we have 2 reserved for our extended family so we want them together.....

Good luck to you....

For those folks who asked....

I promised I would post some pics taken on our Sept 16 Freedom cruise.

As mentioned earlier, ours was at Nellie's Beach, up high and very private.

P1060520.jpg

^ DW relaxing on the cushy lounger. NOTE: There were 4 blue towels provided. We didn't know that, and had brought 2 from the ship.

Note also the red cooler, behind my beach bag. It contained 3 large bottles of water and lots of ice.

P1060524.jpg

^ Looking out at the two loungers in the sun (didn't get as much use)

P9180223.jpg

^ This was our Cabana viewed from the water. I was almost at the limit of the "swim area"

P1060525.jpg

^ From our Cabana looking right, a partial view of the ship.

P1060541.jpg

^ Full view of our ship (I had to go out on the porch to get the full view)

more....

P1060526.jpg

^ This one taken full right, and now you can see part of the beach with the other set of Cabana's (seperate entrance and beach)

P1060527.jpg

^ View out the left of our Cabana, showing Nellie's beach and some of the over-water Cabana's

P9180227.jpg

^ Similar view, but taken from the water perspective

P9180232.jpg

^ Showing the Shrimp Skewers served at the Cabana Lunch buffet

P9180231.jpg

^ Showing the Steaks offered at the Cabana Lunch Buffet

Glen (Erin Cruisers),

Awesome pics! Thanks.

I understand that all of the OTW cabanas have some direct access to the water itself. Looks like your's did not? Or, is there another view that might show it? I don't consider it a big problem if I have to walk a few dozen yards to the beach to swim, but it would be very cool if I could just go down a ladder, or some steps from the cabana itself (which is what I remember reading)

Archived