What's wrong with the Navigator?

tourguide97

Agree with everything you say about our recent Mtl-NY cruise. The crew were all smiles and willing to grant any requests...and when you are lucky to be on a good ship where everyone is happy in their work situation from the top down....it is truly a positive and good cruise experience.

Agree about forward suites but avoid the first few suites in the very front (like 601-604, 701-704, etc.) When the anchor goes down early in the morning, it is extremely noisy.

I partly agree. The noise is most pronounced in 600-601, 508-509 and 700-701. It diminishes greatly even one cabin back. I have stayed in 601 and 703.

The noise from the anchor chain paying out can be annoying. What make it particularly so is that it is not just one noise, but a series. First the let go and there is a 30-45 second rumble until the anchor hit bottom. The a minute or 2 latter there is another 15-20 second rumble as the chain pay out while the ship back up to set the anchor. This can happen several times depending how deep the water is. There is also noise when the chain is pulled up, but is is way less that the let go.

It is kind of rude awaking the first time you hear it at 5 or 6 am, but after a few time it didn't bother us at all and I would not hesitate to book any of these cabins because of the anchor noise.

j

28/379

I am one of those people who is not a fan of the Navigator. It was the first Regent ship we had been on and we were looking forward to the outdoor living areas. It was crowded and not so pleasant. We found that the ship did not do well in rough waters and the vibration was a big deal. The food was good in all the dining areas, but not as good as on the other ships, as we later found out. Also, we really love the features in the observation lounge, which is something the Navigator does not have.

I think it's like going on an all-inclusive land vacation. Sometimes it has more to do with what happens during the vacation or who you are meeting. I can name at least one person who always said that the Mariner was her favorite for years. Now her focus is on the Navigator and she says outright that the Mariner is too big. Not that she is relentless about it, but she has spent a significant amount of time onboard the Navigator now. And that has become comfortable for her.

I am on Navigator right now and since I posted earlier about crowding one evening when there were some special events, we've had no problems since then. Infact, today is our only all day "sea" day and everyone is spread out and having a nice morning. No issues getting coffee, breakfast, a computer :p to use.

Agree with others to stay mid ship. Twice on Navigator, we stay just forward of the front elevators. No noise, no vibration, and also a quick walk to the computer library and coffee area.

Montreal->NY(Oct-4-14) The theater was used for the SSS party (6-?) not Stars though at the same time. Someone said 330 people there so any other venue should have been fairly empty

The Gold/Platinum/Titanium party was outside, behind La Veranda.

Well, not sure all 330 Regent repeat cruisers were actually there. That was the number of repeat cruisers out of 480 on board, although many were there. :)

Roxanne,

Probably not but none the less, the room was pretty full and would have taken the pressure off the other public rooms.

Peggy

Absolutely. I was shocked so many showed up. I then thought there would be a problem getting a table in the dining room....wrong, no problem at all.

Glad to see these positive comments as when we were on board Voyager and talked to tohers, many comments were negative. We have been thinking about taking the Navigator on the Amazon cruise but were concerned about the vibration. Sounds as if we stay mid-ship or forward we'd be fine. Love CC for all the information.

We are going on the Navigator in May 2013 and would love to hear about your Amazon cruise. It's something that we've discussed often.

I think that this thread has summed up the problems with the Navigator... and TravelCat highlighted the main one - no forward Observation Lounge. There used to be one. It is now the spa and gym. I really don't understand why Regent doesn't move the spa and gym down to where the Horizon Lounge is, and move the HL up to the ideal spot with a great view (and also "steal" some deck space from the Sports Deck in front of it to make for a larger lounge). With all the re-thinks and re-fits the Navigator has had this very logical change should have happened long ago.

• 2 weeks later...

The wi-fi server seems to go down at least twice an hour even when we are in port and not moving. I accept it will be slower but when it goes down you have to go through the laborious sign in process again.

The wi-fi server seems to go down at least twice an hour even when we are in port and not moving. I accept it will be slower but when it goes down you have to go through the laborious sign in process again.

When on the Navigator 4 weeks ago, I found the wi-fi in the suite MUCH slower than directly using the PCs in the computer room. But didn't have a problem with it crashing.

Archived