What's for breakfast?

cvpends

Think we will have to try HAL - those eggs benedict look delicious - love Princess but their eggs benedict are awful -felt like offering them a recipe for Hollandaise

Oh, darn, I also love a 'licious eggs benedict. Yes, HAL excels in that area and also in their bread pudding.

So, what IS good for breakfast on Princess?

I am not sure. I don't really eat in the buffet. I think your photo is the HAL Lido Eggs Benedict bar, correct? To the best of my knowledge, Princess does not have anything like that.

Where do you eat breakfast, and what is good there? I love things like omelets or eggs benedict made with crab, salmon, avocado, hollandaise, asparagus, spinach, and other really yummy ingredients.

You can have eggs prepared pretty much any way you want in the Princess buffet for breakfast within reason: scrambled, fried, omelet with whatever you want, etc. However, no good eggs Benedict in the buffet. They have it but it's pre-prepared and not particularly good. You can pre-order eggs Benedict in the dining room any day. You just have to order them the day or night before.

The Princess buffet is far more of a true buffet than HAL's. You get what you want without waiting unless you've ordered eggs specially prepared. Also, the buffet is open from 5:30am until 11:00pm without closing. You can get a full breakfast at 10:30am or a full lunch at 3:00pm if you want. I get frustrated in the HAL buffet because it closes early for breakfast, early for lunch and early for dinner. I also don't like having to wait in line for each thing as I usually find that by the time I get everything, my hot food is cold. :(

On Princess, tables are pre-set. No running back to get a napkin and silverware. Staff will be at your table within minutes to get you juice, coffee, tea, etc.

You can have eggs prepared pretty much any way you want in the Princess buffet for breakfast within reason: scrambled, fried, omelet with whatever you want, etc. However, no good eggs Benedict in the buffet. They have it but it's pre-prepared and not particularly good. You can pre-order eggs Benedict in the dining room any day. You just have to order them the day or night before.

The Princess buffet is far more of a true buffet than HAL's. You get what you want without waiting unless you've ordered eggs specially prepared. Also, the buffet is open from 5:30am until 11:00pm without closing. You can get a full breakfast at 10:30am or a full lunch at 3:00pm if you want. I get frustrated in the HAL buffet because it closes early for breakfast, early for lunch and early for dinner. I also don't like having to wait in line for each thing as I usually find that by the time I get everything, my hot food is cold. :(

On Princess, tables are pre-set. No running back to get a napkin and silverware. Staff will be at your table within minutes to get you juice, coffee, tea, etc.

Now YOUR description sounds really nice! I didn't know I could pre-order eggs benedict! Can I order them the way I like them, i.e. with crab or salmon instead of Canadian bacon?

Where do you eat breakfast, and what is good there? I love things like omelets or eggs benedict made with crab, salmon, avocado, hollandaise, asparagus, spinach, and other really yummy ingredients.

I eat in the MDR every morning. I eat 2 to 3 plates of cut fruit. 2 grapefruit halves, and a bowl of oatmeal. Rarely, I will ask for 2 slicecs of bacon. I stay away from the breads and pastries, though they look yummy...

I have tried the James Beard French Toast, and I like it in small doses.

Now YOUR description sounds really nice! I didn't know I could pre-order eggs benedict! Can I order them the way I like them, i.e. with crab or salmon instead of Canadian bacon?
It's worth asking and if they can't do it, they'll tell you. Eggs Benedict definitely; with crab, salmon, etc., maybe. Just ask at either breakfast, lunch or dinner the night before. IMHO, Princess is far more flexible and accommodating if you want something different or special.

On my recent Island Princess cruise, I pre-ordered either a chef's salad or lettuce and grilled chicken strips with a delicious (and light) honey mustard dressing quite a few times as my entree at dinner. On nights that I didn't order that as an entree, I had a standing order for a half a head of lettuce and the honey mustard dressing. Loved it!

Speak with your headwaiter or the matre d'. (Your waiter and assistant waiter do not have the authority to do anything special such as this.) That person will let you know how much customization he/she can arrange for you.

Again, you must do this the day before.

Thanks for all this information, folks! I am so looking forward to my first experience on Princess! It is so nice to hear that I can order foods to fit my needs/desires. I am lacto-ovo-pesco vegetarian, so I think I am a bit difficult about food. My husband (who is more carnivore than omnivore) loves all the breakfast food choices on buffets and in MDRs.

We have enjoyed the breakfast buffets on Princess very much. They seem to have every conceivable breakfast item available. We heard some people complain that 'the buffet was the same every day', but we wondered what possible other breakfast item Princess could have offered to make it 'different' every day. Seriously, there was pancakes, waffles, meats, eggs, omelets, all kinds of fruit, cereals, breads, potatoes, you name it. I don't see how someone could not find SOMETHING they liked.

If you're used to breakfast on HAL, the lack of variety for breakfast on Princess will probably be a letdown. :( Here is the breakfast menu for the MDR. It's the same every day, with two specials that change daily.

P1350147-L.jpg

P1350148-L.jpg

Specials:

P1350145-L.jpg

Can I get muesli from the buffet? That may seam strange to ask, but I just have not seen anyone mention it yet. I had my first experience with this on Celebrity and LOVE this for breakfast now!

I've seen it both at the buffet and at the International Cafe.

My favorite in the MDR was the pancakes with link sausage and hash browns. Yum!

Also, the pastries were excellent-although I refrained most of the time from taking them.

On some days my DW ate 3 breakfasts-she loved the oatmeal with the brown sugar and raisins, she had a fruit plate and then some eggs, bacon and toast!

We also ate in the Buffet a few times. They had everything you could want for a quick breakfast (except that I could never find donuts....) and the service was fast and efficient.

True, no eggs benedict, but then, I rarely eat that anyway.

You can also get a very yummy fruit, yogurt, and granola parfait in the International Cafe.:)

Now we're talking -- yum! :D What else does the International Cafe have in the morning? Does it offer quiche for breakfast? And regarding quiche, does the International Cafe have vegetarian quiche at any time of the day?

Now we're talking -- yum! :D What else does the International Cafe have in the morning? Does it offer quiche for breakfast? And regarding quiche, does the International Cafe have vegetarian quiche at any time of the day?

There are various quiches offered throughout the day. I am not sure about for breakfast.:)

Archived