Allure of the Seas - specialty restaurants

Denpetter

Hi fellow cruisers,

I'll be cruising the massive Allure of the seas in late november and I have a question regarding the food?

RCCL offers a pre-booked specialty restaurant package with 3 specialty restaurant dinners for 65 USD, which seems pretty reasonable.

However, I'm a huge lobster lover and I'd love to eat lobster every night if possible. I also enjoy a good steak or cut as long as it's kosher.

So what do you recon? Shall we go for the specialty restaurant package or will we do fine with just the ordinary buffet?

Thanks,

Dennis

I can maybe answer some of your questions but not all.

You won't get lobster nightly (or at all) in the Windjammer buffet. Lobster is served in the main dining room at least once in the week (others could tell you which night). I think that there is also an option to pay a supplement, in the MDR, to have surf and turf? There are other threads on the subject of food on the Allure that go into more detail re menus etc.

Personally I would do specialty dining rather than pay a supplement to eat steak in the MDR - it seems to defeat the object of MDR which is that it is free. If I was going to pay, I'd rather go to Chops Grille!

If you like steak, you are sure to love Chops Grille. You may also enjoy Samba Grill, but I don't know about the Kosher aspect. You are right that the dining package is a good deal financially and we are doing it when we go on allure next year.

I would get the dining package, study the MDR menus, eat there when there is steak and/or lobster on the menu, and in the specialty restaurants when there is nothing that appeals. The buffet is quite good for a casual meal, but you won't get steak or lobster there.

There is also a dinner package for $55. You have to go to Chops Grill on one of the first 2 nights and this is reserved when you order the package. The other 2 reservations are made onboard.

Lobster night is the second formal night, which varies by which cruise you are doing (eastern/western). The or all nights are your first two sea days.

Hope this helps!

I can maybe answer some of your questions but not all.

You won't get lobster nightly (or at all) in the Windjammer buffet. Lobster is served in the main dining room at least once in the week (others could tell you which night). I think that there is also an option to pay a supplement, in the MDR, to have surf and turf? There are other threads on the subject of food on the Allure that go into more detail re menus etc.

Personally I would do specialty dining rather than pay a supplement to eat steak in the MDR - it seems to defeat the object of MDR which is that it is free. If I was going to pay, I'd rather go to Chops Grille!

If you like steak, you are sure to love Chops Grille. You may also enjoy Samba Grill, but I don't know about the Kosher aspect. You are right that the dining package is a good deal financially and we are doing it when we go on allure next year.

I would get the dining package, study the MDR menus, eat there when there is steak and/or lobster on the menu, and in the specialty restaurants when there is nothing that appeals. The buffet is quite good for a casual meal, but you won't get steak or lobster there.

Thanks for your advice.

We now made up our mind and we'll get the specialty restaurant package.

Thanks!

The kosher diet is really never an issue at any restaurant.

It's just that I like a good steak or lobster when I go out for dinner.

There is also a dinner package for $55. You have to go to Chops Grill on one of the first 2 nights and this is reserved when you order the package. The other 2 reservations are made onboard.

Lobster night is the second formal night, which varies by which cruise you are doing (eastern/western). The or all nights are your first two sea days.

Hope this helps!

So there will be lobsters in the main dining room on the 2nd formal night?

Wow, if so that sounds great. :-))))

Btw, we are doing the eastern itinerary.

Thanks, Dennis

Thanks, Dennis

They serve lobster TAIL in the MDR on the second formal night. Size can vary from cruise to cruise, our Allure cruise had nice big ones. Usually you can get more than one, but again that depends on the supply that week.

Thanks, Dennis

Yes, it's typical for Royal to serve lobster on the second formal night of 7 day cruises. You can also opt to purchase lobster any night when dining in the MDR. This is Maine lobster and I believe the cost is $25.

Yes, it's typical for Royal to serve lobster on the second formal night of 7 day cruises. You can also opt to purchase lobster any night when dining in the MDR. This is Maine lobster and I believe the cost is $25.

Thanks clarea.

You have been very helpful with replying to most of my posts!

:)

I really appreciate your help and knowledge!:o

Thank you!

Free lobster night was the second formal night.. It is NOT Maine Lobster. Maine lobster was available for PURCHASE, and cost more than a specialty restaurant. Being from New England, i could not stomach the free bug, and would never pay $25 for a real one (currently get twins for 19 at many restaurants in the area - they were over fished this year.)

No regrets in our picking three specialty (brazilian, italian, mexican) 2 formal nights, 1 MDR and 1 pizza on the balcony by tradition.

Archived