IE 2013 useful info "3" plus some nonsense.

Rebel Rouser

Just a thought RR.. have you ever done a Caribbean cruise at all? What did you think of it if you have? Been considering it for a while now for next year 'tho probably won't bother in the end. It's the IE i like. Would love to go again this year but we're taking the grand kids to Spain August.

Morning RR :)

That was me 3 years ago as user name shows so I know what you mean...did a Red Sea Magic cruise at the time. Seeing you mention 60 brings it all back.

The actual day started bright and sunny it was lovely sitting by the window at 7am with all the strawberries and melon I wanted. Afternoon that day was spent at Wadi Rum (perfect)

That cruise was booked on spur of the moment when I happened to be going past the TA and was upset because my beautiful dog (Lab) had died two days earlier.

I know..too impulsive and should know better at my age :D

Just had 5 days in Majorca,,was lovely, weather a bit iffy at times but had brilliant time. At Palma airport this morning in the check-in queue I overheard some folks moaning about the good ship! They moaned about everything,,on and on they went. Did they have a bad week at sea?

Just had 5 days in Majorca,,was lovely, weather a bit iffy at times but had brilliant time. At Palma airport this morning in the check-in queue I overheard some folks moaning about the good ship! They moaned about everything,,on and on they went. Did they have a bad week at sea?

Bad weather, sea sickness, norovirus, port changes and a scary experience when we nearly tipped over. :-/

On the ship that nearly capsized, the Captain had to make a manoeuvre and turned into the gale force wind to stop it being blown into shallow waters and in turn the ship lurched at best 15 Degrees making people stumble.

Yes the weather has been terrible as have been following the Island Escape on Facebook where the weather has been bad all week but that's just damn unlucky and feel sorry for the people that were on that week.

We have a port change in our week from Villefranche to Cannes but hey ho it's not the end of the world and as for Norovirus afraid it happens on all ships as in the news at the moment.

RR

I suppose an unexpected sharp turn in stormy weather would be very scary for some people. I can understand how they would feel it was tipping over. Was it the Escape or another ship? The weather has been upside down everywhere this year, it's very strange,,must be the pesky jetstream again!

We were on the grand old lady 14th to 21 st May and had a really smooth crossing, where was the bad weather and is Captain Piotr ( our Driver!) still the Master, he was wonderful, chatty and aproachable.

Want to sign up again soon. mari, lanzarote

It wasn't really on rough seas, it was just leaving the port.

Even the crew were shaken and the captain admitted it was scary...

Was it by any chance leaving Toulon? When I was on it over Easter I noticed we had a sharp turn out of port and all the chairs and tables at the sailaway bar went flying,,but the strong winds might have had a bit to do with it as well!