IE 2013 useful info "3" plus some nonsense.

Rebel Rouser

It's such a shame that the "old crowd" have disappeared as they gave a lot of useful information and it was lighthearted. Maybe Jan doesn't have as much time now that her hubby is also retired.

DH is so security conscious and does not approve of FB so I just stick to the forums here as he has the computers linked for various bits and bobs. I haven't a technical bone in my body and gave up trying years ago when I stopped working - originally didn't even want to use the computer. I was put in front of a typewriter at the tender age of 11 when I started secondary school and used one for the rest of my working days.:eek::)

I'm usually lurking a few times a week RR....jumped off Facebook as it filled up with Island Escape and I had trouble finding other 'family' posts!!

As you know we moved house in June, then had a fortnight's cruise on Aurora, been busy decorating and having work done on the house...builders coming Tuesday to convert half the garage into an office...so still busy!!

Ventura end of September to the Canaries and then looking at going away for Christmas and New Year....want a bargain !!!

Hope everyone's well ! :)

Waves to Jenny, you do seem to get your priority's wrong and let the building work get in the way of your cruises :D we've got to wait until the end of October for our next holiday :mad: :D hopefully there will some of the "old" crew meeting up. just had an email from a couple we met on the escape over the last few years and they are doing the same trip.

Hi all...haven't gone away either but been away...arrived back today from holiday in Benidorm with the grandchildren. Had a great time.

Have a quick look in most days to see if I can help in any way. Sometimes I can a little but have only done 2 cruises.

But if it's to do with drinks I'm not much use as I don't drink a lot. Had 2/3 cocktails some days on IE. and white wine/soda. Sangria in Benidorm.

Tea....can't help there either as I hate the taste and haven't had any for 40 years. Live on juice/squash/pop.

Coffee.....make half a cup twice a day at home and half of that goes down the sink. Never drink it when away.

Food....don't eat much meat/fish but always find plenty of other stuff that's ok.

Ciggies....don't smoke so can't even say what they cost.

Rooms.....just had one right next to very loud music/disco (worst nightmare) in Benidorm...but then got used to it and actually enjoyed til 2 am. But rooms/cabins usually fine with us.

Excursions.....out nearly all day every day so miss lots of daytime things on a ship.

Sunbeds....don't need one much for reason above.

Hope this doesn't sound miserable as I wouldn't go to Benidorm if I were.

And we really love IE.

Don't go on FB but do like this nonsense thread so put all this nonsense on here today, also not much good with computers either, had a lot of problems today.

Glad you are all ok.

Hi RR was in a silly mood last night still felt like I were in Benidorm.

Back to reality now.

Having problems with teeth again.....but this time it's the dogs gnashers.

Going to vets in a minute the dog has got to have some teeth out today, expecting a bill of up to £300 tonight and pet insurance do not pay out for teeth. Hope it will be a lot less. (Should be 3 eeks here)

Cannot use the smilies at the moment something's gone wrong will get son to have a look later.

Dog is back from the vets and is ok thanks RR..but wallet is a lot lighter.

Did cross my mind last night to tie teeth to door handle, (should be big grin here)

Wasn't as bad as we feared tho' as they charged only half what we expected which was a relief as we had a bill for nearly £200 at kennels (we have 2 rescued dogs)

Just passing lap-top over to son to have a look first RR I'm worried about messing with it. Can I ask later if I still need some help?

Mo, Ecko and any body else that used to post regular..you still there?

Hi RR and everyone else! :) Just looked in today to see what you all doing.

The weather has been so good that I really haven't been lurking so much!

Had 2 lovely weeks in Benidorm in June - first time there!

Finding Island Escape a little expensive from Belfast and can do better with hotel holidays. Looking forward to Tenerife in December. :D

Haven't given up on Island Escape tho' as my daughter loves it.

Great to hear of everyone's cruises. Sorry I don't have much to say.

Hope all well! BFN.

Mo. :)

Now the weather has broke..no more summer. time to start thinking about next years cruise will it the last year of the good ship Island Escape?

Hi RR

You not got next year's planned yet?:eek:

If next year is the last for IE do you think they will

close down the Island Cruises brand as P & O/Carnival did with Ocean Village; or

perhaps add another ship to the Thomson fleet, which would still give them five ships? :confused::)

Edited by skioncruises

Jan, if you notice my countdown clock is ticking away nicely for the 15th July 2014 ... born July 1954 coincidence or what for a celebration on the good ship :D

from what little knowledge I have. Is that Apollo ship chandlers that supply the good ship IE has 1 more year to run and was well documented that IE was sold then it was pulled at the 11th hour , even the staff were told last October it was the end but reinstated 1 month before it set sail again, but me personally think it has 1 more year left :confused: as the running cost must be racking up now as it is getting old, I did notice in the Pub on the IE that some of the pictures on the wall did not get replaced as there are light fittings with no pictures :eek: and if and when they do replace here I don't think Apollo will be Thomson's preferred supplier of crew and beverages.

Jan, if you notice my countdown clock is ticking away nicely for the 15th July 2014 ... born July 1954 coincidence or what for a celebration on the good ship

from what little knowledge I have. Is that Apollo ship chandlers that supply the good ship IE has 1 more year to run and was well documented that IE was sold then it was pulled at the 11th hour , even the staff were told last October it was the end but reinstated 1 month before it set sail again, but me personally think it has 1 more year left as the running cost must be racking up now as it is getting old, I did notice in the Pub on the IE that some of the pictures on the wall did not get replaced as there are light fittings with no pictures and if and when they do replace here I don't think Apollo will be Thomson's preferred supplier of crew and beverages.

Hi RR

Sorry, I do recollect looking at your clocks and noting you were toddling off for your "special" birthday. However, I tend to ignore these clocks and have blocked some of them, because so-o-o-o many people are posting that they sailed in the year dot.:eek:

I'll try to fight the alzheimers and look to see if they have put pictures at the light fittings when we go in two weeks time.

When we were on two years ago we liked the staff and one of our waiters told us that they were contracted by Apollo. So Thomson has three different operating/staffing systems (3*, 4*, platinum - never noticed any difference;)). Suppose it means they can drop any of them at any time. :confused::)