Waiting...

You know, booking 10+ months in advance is great as far as saving money goes. But its also psychologically masochistic to make yourself wait so long.

Well. I have a little under 10 months... That’s not so bad. Is it?

:p :D :cool:

We find the anticipation and planning for the cruise simply adds to the excitment. After waiting for 10 months, you're so happy to see the day come that you board the ship like it was your first time to Disneyland and you have the ultimate E ticket ride. 10 months will fly by.

It really is amazing how fast it goes.

I booked Sept 30th 04,for Oct 2 O5...and look...its down to only 4 months..

(trying adding a weight loss goal along with it..You really run out of time fast:D )

Have fun planning.

I am a planner by nature, as well as a major saver. Last March (2004), I booked our trip for this June (2005) to the Mediterranean; sure, we saved a lot of money by booking early and using our miles, but the wait is almost unbearable. The only remedy to this problem is to book other vacations in between. We went to Savannah, Ga and NYC while we waited for our big vacation.

Now that we are getting closer, just a few weeks away, it almost seems surreal that yes, we will finally see the day we get to go on our trip. Patience is virtue, and I have very little of it!

It is Sick. I have been waiting for over 1 year for my cruise. The price is unbelievable, but the wait is killing me. My DH and I will be going to Vegas in June. I'm still more excited about the cruise though.

At least I'm under 200 days now.:rolleyes:

We booked our 10/05 cruise while onboard a year earlier. Can you say, "AGONY!" I immediately began counting down the days. We're just under 5 months and the date will not get here fast enough. I'm an anal planner with far too much time on my hands!!

Hang in there - you're date will arrive!!

We do the same thing. We booked our first cruise only one month after construction on her began. We had to wait about 18 months but it was worth it!

It hasn't gotten much better with subsequent cruises - we definitely tend to plan in advance. BUT - oh the anticipation that builds is so much fun!!!

If you do not have a cruise booked, what do you have to look forward to!

We booked our Nov. 2005 Mariner cruise while on her this past January. Booked our Legend cruise last month and have to wait til April 2006 for that...Waiting for rest of caribbean schedules to come out for fall of 2006 so I can see what I want to book.:) Jill

This past weekend, I just booked for the Mediterranean on Brillance for July 2005. That's almost 14 months to go!

And the crazy thing is, I have a cruise coming up in about 39 days, but I've already skipped over the Alaska cruise and am starting to do reserach for my Mediterranean cruise!

I can't wait beyond six months. I understand the price saving, but I would be insane by the time the cruise arrived.

I'm insane year-round, even when there is no cruise booked ;)

I found that I need to go ahead and spend the money while it's there, i.e. end of the year bonus or tax return $$, so that's why booked so far in advance.

I hate waiting as well. But I wanted to take the Med cruise this year (July 2005), but when I tried to book it in August 2004, cabins for 3 were already sold out! So when the Med 2006 schedule came out, I didn't want to chance not being able to get a cabin again for 2006. So I'll just wait the 14 months :)

Archived