Fitness center on Allure questions...

Minorhawk

On all the Royal Caribbean ships we have sailed, the men's locker rooms are equipped with a steam room, a sauna and showers which are all complimentary. Is the same true on the Allure?

My son and I go do the steam , sauna and shower while the girls get ready in the room. Any info here is much appreciated.

Thanks!!

On all the Royal Caribbean ships we have sailed, the men's locker rooms are equipped with a steam room, a sauna and showers which are all complimentary. Is the same true on the Allure?

My son and I go do the steam , sauna and shower while the girls get ready in the room. Any info here is much appreciated.

Thanks!!

No, on Oasis and Allure, the steam and sauna are extra cost. Showers are still complementary.

That's what I thought I read somewhere...Any idea of the cost to use the steam and sauna?

Thanks for the response...Much appreciated.

No, sorry, I just remember it was more than we wanted to pay.

No, on Oasis and Allure, the steam and sauna are extra cost. Showers are still complementary.

On Oasis and Allure, the steam rooms and sauna are in the "thermal suite" in the spa area, not on the same deck as the fitness center. There is a small locker area in the fitness center, but I can't recall that there were showers in there. Maybe the restrooms in the fitness center had showers, but I don't recall having seen them (my apologies--our Oasis cruise was a few years ago). We did purchase the couples' week-long pass for the thermal suite and used the locker room in the spa area whenever we wanted to use the fitness center. I'm not sure if you are allowed to use that locker room if you are not a "customer" of the spa. The cost for the couples' pass I believe was about $200 with gratuity (yep, the usual tacked-on gratuity). Like the original poster, we use the locker rooms on Freedom and Voyager class ships and their included steam rooms/saunas, and for this reason we are less likely to book another Oasis/Allure cruise. Their facilities in the thermal suites are just not as nice--too small and poorly designed.

On Oasis and Allure, the steam rooms and sauna are in the "thermal suite" in the spa area, not on the same deck as the fitness center. There is a small locker area in the fitness center, but I can't recall that there were showers in there. Maybe the restrooms in the fitness center had showers, but I don't recall having seen them (my apologies--our Oasis cruise was a few years ago). We did purchase the couples' week-long pass for the thermal suite and used the locker room in the spa area whenever we wanted to use the fitness center. I'm not sure if you are allowed to use that locker room if you are not a "customer" of the spa. The cost for the couples' pass I believe was about $200 with gratuity (yep, the usual tacked-on gratuity). Like the original poster, we use the locker rooms on Freedom and Voyager class ships and their included steam rooms/saunas, and for this reason we are less likely to book another Oasis/Allure cruise. Their facilities in the thermal suites are just not as nice--too small and poorly designed.

Thanks for the feedback. Once we heard the price, we did not venture into the steam/sauna area, so it's nice to get an idea. We do enjoy the steam/sauna setup on Voyager/Freedom, plus the fitness area is nicer (and not smoky!) on those ships.

Agree - didn't love the thermal suite on Allure. Paid the $200 or whatever it was but it was small and NOT relaxing. Some genius put the thermal room right below the free weight area in the gym, so every time you'd get to relaxing, BOOM! Some chucklehead would drop a weight right above you.

Would not do it again.

Agree - didn't love the thermal suite on Allure. Paid the $200 or whatever it was but it was small and NOT relaxing. Some genius put the thermal room right below the free weight area in the gym, so every time you'd get to relaxing, BOOM! Some chucklehead would drop a weight right above you.

Would not do it again.

Nothing worse than a dropper. Although grunters are a close second. They should be warned once and then bounced after that. Save it for the testosterone dens.:rolleyes:

Would not do it again.

Now I know what all that noise was from! It's funny we didn't figure it out ourselves. We thought the wall was shared with a mechanical room of some sort. Half the time it sounded like the anchor was going to come through the wall or ceiling!

Archived