West Coast

joeyancho

I haven't been on the Royal boards for some time, since my last few cruises have been on Carnival. Please excuse me if this has been covered lately. Is there any talk of Royal returning to the West Coast. I sure miss them. Thanks.

I haven't been on the Royal boards for some time, since my last few cruises have been on Carnival. Please excuse me if this has been covered lately. Is there any talk of Royal returning to the West Coast. I sure miss them. Thanks.

Have not heard anything about Royal basing a ship on the West Coast, other than the occasional port stop during a reposition or canal cruise.

There is always talk but most all of it is confined to these boards. RCI has given no indication that such a move is imminent and until all of the conditions that led to their decision to withdraw their ships (and other lines to reduce their presence) improve significantly, such a change in the immediate future is unlikely.

Unfortunately haven't heard anything from RCI, but the Celebrity Century will be doing quite a few West Coast cruises through 2014. Some are based in Los Angeles or San Diego and are shorter Pacific Coastal cruises.

Celebrity Solstice will also be on the West Coast for part of next year, although it's not the same as RCL. Also, Princess seems to think there's a market since they are homeporting a ship in SF for part of next year. Hopefully RCL will come back to LA as well, maybe with a Radiance or Voyager class ship (clearly there isn't a market for anything bigger).

Archived