Eurodam - U.S. Coast Guard - Amazing Video

sail7seas

Thanks for sharing, have to admit that I have experience on both sides, being an active cruiser myself, but in daily job, working on hosting people in case of emergency into our helicopters on this side of the ocean, in the RNN.

Myself never actually having to hoist patients from a cruise ship, we do practice on them, also on willing Holland America ships, who normally are more than happy to facilitate practice runs, to prepare for real emergency’s. Also on this side of the ocean, you will not be presented with the bill.

Thank you for the fine work you do to help those who need the help so urgently. I think it fair to say we are all grateful to you and those like you. AND that we all hope to never require your services. :o

OK, I got it open with IE. My first question is who was filming the video? At the end it appears to be another helicopter as it is above the rescue helicopter. Second, I would need some serious care before I want to go thru that :eek:. Third, I hope she has medivac insurance ;) and fourth, I hope she is ok.

Who was filming the video?

I heard there were two choppers..... one was filming.

OK, I got it open with IE. My first question is who was filming the video? At the end it appears to be another helicopter as it is above the rescue helicopter. Second, I would need some serious care before I want to go thru that :eek:. Third, I hope she has medivac insurance ;) and fourth, I hope she is ok.

There was a Coast Guard HC-130 Hercules flying overhead acting as mobile command post. They filmed this rescue with their FLIR (Forward Looking Infra-red Device) Another great job by the Coasties!

I wish I could open the video.

Carol....... look carefully at the page and see if there is a place they ask for you to approve opening the video. I got a message saying I had to click okay....... it was at the top of the page just under the U.S. Coast Guard header.

Kirk - there were credits at the beginning - all of the filming was done by members of the Coast Guard - a petty officer was the editor!

thanks for the link Sail - great job indeed. But I'm with you and Kirk - I hope they gave the lady some anti anxiety meds or whatever - I don't know if I could handle that rescue personally:eek:

Hope they gave that patient an anti-anxiety something or other.......

Can you imagine the fear of being lifted that way?

That in itself would give me another heart attack. :eek:

YIKES!! :eek::eek: Just watching it gave me anxiety. Were I in that situation, I would need to be anesthetized!

Carol....... look carefully at the page and see if there is a place they ask for you to approve opening the video. I got a message saying I had to click okay....... it was at the top of the page just under the U.S. Coast Guard header.

Thanks for the help, but there's nothing there.

I wish I could open the video.

Carol, on the Coast Guard page (the downlink), click the word "download" in the far right column. You should get the footage in a box on the top left of your screen (there's an option to go to "full screen" after it opens up for ya

Archived