Other "freestyle" cruise ships?

kba1988

I've not heard of any others that are full freestyle. I know some offer an "anytime" or "my time" dining option where they set aside part of the dining room for walk-ups, but I think NCL is the only full freestyle line. Of course, I could be wrong ;)

I've not heard of any others that are full freestyle. I know some offer an "anytime" or "my time" dining option where they set aside part of the dining room for walk-ups, but I think NCL is the only full freestyle line. Of course, I could be wrong ;)

No other mass market or large ship upscale lines are full "freestyle", but smaller ship upscale and luxury lines such as Azamara, Oceania, Silversea, and Regent Seven Seas are (their main dining rooms are all "open seating", and I suspect others in that upper end of the market are too. (note: just checked Crystal and Seabourn...they are also open seating)

It should also be noted that although there are other cruise lines that offer personal choice or anytime dining, one still needs to dress up to go to the MDR. Shorts cannot be worn in the evenings. I am not a long pants person when I am on vacation. I prefer true freestyle.

Is Norwegian Cruise Line currently the ONLY venue that offers "freestyle"??:confused:

This is perhaps the main reason why we will always cruise NCL...:)

Every line now offers a version of freestyle, but most have choices, freestyle or assigned seating. Because NCL was the first, they seem to do a little better job. We have tried it on 2 other lines,but NCL is the best..

Archived