HAL Gets New SHip-Will Seabourn Get The S Class

mariner

A HAL ship "with modifications" to become a Seabourn ship?

"S" class (whatever that is) or not, NOTHING about HAL is remotely in the same league as the Seabourn product. Period. Wanna ruin the Seabourn brand? Try to fool its past customers with a recognized mass market line's cast-off is a sure way to do so.

Happy sailing!

The S class ships have been wonderful ships and are a great size for a mass market line like HAL but from what I read on the HAL boards some of them are getting to the point that they need really big work (follow some of the recent threads on the Veendam). Yes they could open the cabins up, redo the bathrooms, redecorate -- but they would also need to replace the whole HVAC and plumbing systems too, at minimum.

Many of the HAL cruisers have been hoping for a new Seabourn hull (like from the Seabourn newbuilds) to be finished with HAL size cabins to replace the aging but elegant Prinsendam. I am very sorry to hear HAL order a 99,000 ton ship -- soon there will be no difference at all between most of the main stream cruise brands -- and quite frankly it is too large for the intimate Grand cruising that we have come to enjoy on HAL.

Makes me even more anxious for my first Seabourn cruise on the Pride -- only a couple of weeks away!

The S class ships have been wonderful ships and are a great size for a mass market line like HAL but from what I read on the HAL boards some of them are getting to the point that they need really big work (follow some of the recent threads on the Veendam). Yes they could open the cabins up, redo the bathrooms, redecorate -- but they would also need to replace the whole HVAC and plumbing systems too, at minimum.

Many of the HAL cruisers have been hoping for a new Seabourn hull (like from the Seabourn newbuilds) to be finished with HAL size cabins to replace the aging but elegant Prinsendam. I am very sorry to hear HAL order a 99,000 ton ship -- soon there will be no difference at all between most of the main stream cruise brands -- and quite frankly it is too large for the intimate Grand cruising that we have come to enjoy on HAL.

Makes me even more anxious for my first Seabourn cruise on the Pride -- only a couple of weeks away!

Its all a matter of personal preference... Like you Arzz, I can't wait for my voyage on the Pride in a few weeks, but I am also totally delighted that HAL is getting this new style of ship and I love its name - the Pinnacle class!!! Cant wait to sail on it!!!!

:D:D:D

Carnival just annouced HAL will get a 99,000 ton newbuild. Amid the announcement, Arison discussed replacing old tonnage. Any chance some of HAL's S class ships (with modifications) would replace the old sisters?

I think that you are letting your mind play games.:rolleyes:

S class stands for STATENDAM, the first ship of the class.

HAL modifed VEENDAM into oblivion. But the other ships are fairly nice and have been through an extensive drydock within the past two years.

Like all Finacntieri builds, they suffer from HVAC and plumbing issues.

My first cruise was a HS graduation present on the old HAL Statendamn, NYC to Bermuda. The waiters and crew were all tall, blonde and could arouse this 18 year old's passions that she never knew she had. Then, FF to 2002 and my second cruise on the Pride. Again, passions, but this time for service, good food and geniality. Hope she's still sailing this July 4th to the North Cape.

My first cruise was a HS graduation present on the old HAL Statendamn, NYC to Bermuda. The waiters and crew were all tall, blonde and could arouse this 18 year old's passions that she never knew she had. Then, FF to 2002 and my second cruise on the Pride. Again, passions, but this time for service, good food and geniality. Hope she's still sailing this July 4th to the North Cape.
Jane, you have had so many wonderful cruise experiences on all ships. You should do your memoirs!

Archived