Carnival spirit

Ned49

Maybe they think they are a hotel, not a ship where the price of food, and service, is included in the fare.

That went out a while ago when all the specialty restaurants came in. Plus some lines charging for things like ice cream and pizza. That said, I'm surprised that Carnival are charging for Pizzas as well...

That went out a while ago when all the specialty restaurants came in. Plus some lines charging for things like ice cream and pizza. That said, I'm surprised that Carnival are charging for Pizzas as well...

Hopefully cruiseymum will clarify but I think the charge for Pizza is only for room service???? but will be very curious to know.......

I can understand a charge from say 10 pm - 6 am per order of $3 - $5 as the kitchens would be quieter then and obviously that is when the bulk of the food services staff get their well earned rest.

To charge those prices 24 hours when the same food is available from the buffet or wherever seems a bit rich?

We've sailed Princess twice and never had to pay for room service although late at night we often slip them a few bucks for making the effort to bring it to our room.

The food should be free and only a small charge for special delivery as such.

We've sailed Princess twice and never had to pay for room service although late at night we often slip them a few bucks for making the effort to bring it to our room.

The food should be free and only a small charge for special delivery as such.

On the Sun Princess last week there was a $3 delivery fee - can't remember whether that was just of a night or all the time or just for the pizza but .......

Just to clarify... Pizza and soft serve (choc, vanilla & strawberry) is free 24/7. Charge for pizza is $5.00 if delivered to cabin. I saw heaps of people taking pizza back to their rooms themselves, we did ! They make it to order, you can have a slice or a full pizza, gluten free pizza dough made just for you (if you give 1 hours notice).

Seriously people you don't want to pay for room service go for a walk and get the food yourself.

The Spirit is here now and changes have been made. Accept it and sail in her or go another line. The majority if cruisers wouldn't know differently and would think $5 for a pizza delivered to the room was a bargain.

it is not the individual changes that get up my nose but the Aussifying of the Spirit - which is the yank version of Australia and they still haven't officially told any one that has already booked before they made the changes.

I sent a nice email asking about the rumoured changes and asked for a response a month ago - still waiting.

Seriously people you don't want to pay for room service go for a walk and get the food yourself.
Not sure if it's the case now or not, but when we sailed, quite a few of the items on the room service menu weren't available elsewhere on the ship. So the option to "go for a walk and get the food yourself" as you so eloquently put it, was not viable.
The Spirit is here now and changes have been made. Accept it and sail in her or go another line. The majority if cruisers wouldn't know differently and would think $5 for a pizza delivered to the room was a bargain.
Ignorance is bliss, I guess...:rolleyes:

Not sure if it's the case now or not, but when we sailed, quite a few of the items on the room service menu weren't available elsewhere on the ship. So the option to "go for a walk and get the food yourself" as you so eloquently put it, was not viable.

Ignorance is bliss, I guess...:rolleyes:

Personally, I think most people mainly use room service for late night snacks or early morning coffee, so it probably wont work out too expensive. I don't think too many people sit in their cabins eating all their meals by themselves unless they have agoraphobia or similar.

If anyone is too worried about this, I would bring pizza or whatever food you want back to the cabin from elsewhere on the ship as suggested and if there is something you just must have on the room service menu then just order that.

The bright side is I don't think anyone is going to die of starvation on a cruise ship, room service or not.

I remember the old days when your cabin steward would bring coffee, tea, juice, fruit and pastries to your cabin early in the morning just to make sure you had the strength to shower dress and drag your self to breakfast....No extra charge.:)

Edited by Bella cruiser

• 2 weeks later...
Just off Carnival Spirit, will not be going on her again will stick to RCI. 1000 kids on board according to staff, some good things but not many. Food cold and poor quality, entertainment not good. Not sure where the fun was.:confused:

Food was terrible, but I thought the shows were very good (for a cruise).

• 1 year later...

I was wondering if anyone has recently been on the Carnival Spirit. I was wondering what beers were available as I am quite keen on American Beers and enjoy the change. If someone has a photo of the drinks menu it would be appreciated.