changing planes at Charles De Gaulle

Leesie6351

Hi-- unfortunately, Delta cancelled my non-stop flight from Atlanta to Barcelona and I now have to change planes and flights in Charles De Gaulle airport (Paris):eek::eek::eek:

The last time I was there about 5 years ago it was a nightmare and I missed my connectinng flight (luckily we're arriving the day before the cruise on the Reflection). Can anyone who has been there recently tell me what the best way to get to my connectaing is? I think we arrive at the International Terminal E and depart from 2B but no one can confirm that yet. I can't walk too far and have requested wheelchair assistance but in case they don't make it and we have to navigate on our own, what do I need to expect? I have 90 minutes between flights.

THANKS ALL--we're on the Reflection TA :):):)

I think 90 minutes should be ok if the arriving flight isn't delayed. CDG is huge and I have ran a few times to catch a connecting flight.

I would download and print a terminal map, so you know exactly where to go. Hopefully the assistance you requested will assure your connecting flight waits.

At least you won't have to go through security going from international to domestic.

We changed planes last spring at CDG. We only had 90 min. And I was worried sick that we would not make it or our luggage. They have a new corridor that cut down on any shuttle we just walked and asked directions a couple times. We had an hour to wait for the plane. Very relieved. Luggage also made it, yeah!

I would post this on the Cruise Air Board.

Coincidentally someone posted on that board earlier today about a nightmare of a connection that they had at the airport.

I would not feel comfortable with a 90 minute connection at that airport having done connections before at that airport with much longer times.

Keith

We spent 2 hours, when we thought we were early, in line at CDG for an "additional" security check for Americans.

Two other times when we came in there were strikes.

Once it was taxis leaving CDG and another time it was a rogue baggage handlers strike so no baggage was transferred between flights..

I would not be sleeping, worrying about 90 minute change of flights in Paris.

Good luck.

Sounds like you booked through Celebrity's (Rcl) Choice Air.

Read the small print, they can do what they wish after you've booked.

X-Rules Again!

Delta has just changed our connecting flight to a 30 min. window from Los Angeles.

I'm sorry about your circumstance. If it's Choice Air, you could check the next flights from CDG to BCN and call Celebrity about your connection possibilities. Ninety minutes is not much time for the process at CDG.

Put Celebrity tags on your checked bags and pack your carry-on with a few essential change of clothes.

You will make it to the ship for a worry-free cruise.

Penny

We changed planes last spring at CDG. We only had 90 min. And I was worried sick that we would not make it or our luggage. They have a new corridor that cut down on any shuttle we just walked and asked directions a couple times. We had an hour to wait for the plane. Very relieved. Luggage also made it, yeah!

thanks Still Dreaming-- am I understanding that you no longer have to outside and take a shuttle bus from terminal to terminal? There is inside access?

To all who said I may have a problem with the 90 minute layover-- I am concerned but believe it or not-- I'm not kidding--- Delta wanted to book an 18 minute layover and insisted I could make it.. There are several more flights to Barcelona after mine so if I miss it, I can at least get there eventually that day!!!

Thanks for all your suggestions-- I will try the other sites suggested. Even Air France couldn't help me.

Wish me luck.

We landed in CDG last May and had four hours until our flight to Marseille. This was going from a Delta flight to an Air France flight. When we landed we had to go from the plane to a bus and then to the terminal. Then we had to go through passport control and then went to our next flight. We found it confusing at this point but finally asking airport guides we finally got to where we needed to be. We had plenty of time but I think the whole process took a couple of hours. I would be nervous about the 90 minute connection. I would have backup flights just in case you miss the first one.

Pearl

thanks Still Dreaming-- am I understanding that you no longer have to outside and take a shuttle bus from terminal to terminal? There is inside access?

To all who said I may have a problem with the 90 minute layover-- I am concerned but believe it or not-- I'm not kidding--- Delta wanted to book an 18 minute layover and insisted I could make it.. There are several more flights to Barcelona after mine so if I miss it, I can at least get there eventually that day!!!

Thanks for all your suggestions-- I will try the other sites suggested. Even Air France couldn't help me.

Wish me luck.

We did unload outside onto a bus! Very nervous at that point but we went right through passport control and asked directions. There is a new walkway right to the air France terminal, good signs also. It was still being worked on when we were there in May.

Problems can happen anywhere, sometimes 24 hour layover isn't enough. I try to always get at least a two hour but could not get it this time.

We have an Air France flight that departs Heathrow at 7am and an Air France connection in about 90 minutes to Miami. We booked it thru Choice Air. The Heathrow flight arrives at the same terminal as the Miami departure flight. We shouldn't have a problem with the connection. If we miss the Miami flight back to the USA, AF will likely be responsible for the delay and worst case, we go on a later flight. Not so much a big deal coming home as starting our vacation.

This past summer, you still had to get off the plane and board a bus. Then you go into the terminal, through both passport control and security before heading on to the connecting terminal. I have done this 3 times and each time I absolutely hate it. It is very stressful. My husband and I always avoid CDG for connecting flights at all costs. Although the security and passport control are more efficient than same in US, the airport is just too big and the bus transport too slow.

One time, we were cutting it close. We spoke to one of the security men and he put us at the front of the line. So, do ask if you are cutting it close while in line. No guarantees, but they were well aware of the issues. Also, the plane was waiting for us that time - as they knew we had landed and were working our way on.

We just had an awful experience two weeks ago. We had 1.5 hours to transfer coming and going and we barely made our connecting flight. Going thru immigration was an absolute nightmare. There were hundreds of people snaking thru very confusing lines. The signage from terminal 2 E to F was very confusing. Returning, passport control was very slow and again the lines were unbelievably long. You have to go thru security after immigration/passport control...so that's another line to wait in. We made our flight at last call/final boarding on our return...I would recommend at least 2+ hours. CDG is going thru some renovations and perhaps the immigration and passport control lines will be shortened once the renovations are completed.

DeGaulle is the worst airport of all time.

It is an insult to The Wright Brothers, Boeing and Maurice Chevalier!

Never (and I fly very frequently) have I seen everyone from the customs people to the gate agents so unjustifiably surly and incompetent. Attempting a plane change here without at least three hours of time is a recipe for disaster.

I would take Amtrak, Greyhound or even New Jersey Transit if doing so would help me avoid this pathetic facility!

Archived