Is ERW Airport Open?

sue.young

It is closed. There aren't many planes in the northeast right now at all. Logan Airport in Boston is open and has a few flights happening but for the most part, everything is cancelled.

I see you have a cruise soon. I would get on the phone with your airline and be flexible. You might need to fly out of a different airport to get to that cruise. Good luck.:)

Edit to add: Another helpful website is http://www.flightaware.com

According to several different news reports some airlines are hoping to try to resume some service to EWR and JFK at some point tomorrow (LaGuardia has flooding and there is no estimated opening time for them at this point). I'd contact your airline as, even if the airport opens, they may not fly in right away. They will try to let you know your options (I say try to because so much is changing so quickly).

Make sure you have transportation set for when you get there too. There's been lots of talk about challenges getting around without mass transit running and limited taxis. These challenges are expected to last for at least several days.

Confirmed...JFK and EWR will have limited operations Wednesday:

http://www.panynj.gov/press-room/press-item.cfm?headLine_id=1684

PORT AUTHORITY UPDATE ON CONDITIONS AT TRANSPORTATION FACILITIES

Date: Oct 30, 2012

Press Release Number: 172-2012

Port Authority staff and engineers are on site at all Port Authority facilities to inspect conditions and assess damage. Our primary goal is to ensure the safety of our workers and those who use our facilities. We will resume operations at our facilities as early as possible, but only when it is safe to do so.

The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey reports the following update on conditions at its transportation facilities as of 8:45 p.m.

Airports

In preparation of the opening of John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) tomorrow, some airlines will land planes at the airport beginning at 10 p.m. tonight. JFK will be open tomorrow, Wednesday, October 31 at 7:00 a.m. however, carriers will be providing limited service.

Newark Liberty International also will open tomorrow, Wednesday, October 31 at 7:00 a.m., however carriers will be providing limited service.

LaGuardia and Teterboro airports remain closed at this time.

Stewart International Airport is open, but running limited operations.

As airports ramp up service this week, passengers are strongly urged to confirm with their individual carriers regarding flight status in the coming days before traveling to the airports.

Rail service on AirTrain JFK and AirTrain Newark is suspended until further notice.

Looking on the web site for Newark airport it shows open, but Fox news is reporting it closes. Can anyone tell me if it is opend or closed?

Thanks

there's a difference between being OPEN ..and having actual flights taking off and landing.

you need to call your specific airline for information pertaining to your exact circumstances.

Archived