Priority Embarkation for Select and Elite Members

Mlascheid

One of the perks listed for Select/Elite Captain's Club members states that there is "priority embarkation while boarding the ship(where available)". Can someone clarify where it is available? Does this apply to boarding the ship in Ft. Lauderdale? Thanks!

One of the perks listed for Select/Elite Captain's Club members states that there is "priority embarkation while boarding the ship(where available)". Can someone clarify where it is available? Does this apply to boarding the ship in Ft. Lauderdale? Thanks!

It's applied everywhere I've boarded a Celebrity ship, including Ft. Lauderdale. It's pretty meaningless. There are just different lines for different categories. So many passengers are eligible for priority embarcation, that sometimes those lines are longer. Just pick the shorter line and hop onboard and enjoy!

It's applied everywhere I've boarded a Celebrity ship, including Ft. Lauderdale. It's pretty meaningless. There are just different lines for different categories. So many passengers are eligible for priority embarcation, that sometimes those lines are longer. Just pick the shorter line and hop onboard and enjoy!

Linda is correct however the only time it becomes an advantage is if you are there early enough that they have not started boarded but you are able to go through check in. In that case, they will normally board Suites, Aqua, Concierge and Captains Club before everyone else.

Not always, dkjretired. We are elite and were traveling in Concierge class on the Soltice, a TA from Barcelona last November. We arrived early, but due to the noro virus, boarding was later than expected. We sat with everyone else and when boarding was announced, it was mayhem!

Linda is correct however the only time it becomes an advantage is if you are there early enough that they have not started boarded but you are able to go through check in. In that case, they will normally board Suites, Aqua, Concierge and Captains Club before everyone else.

Interesting. I've never had that experience and I've qualified on several counts. In my experience, we all just sat and waited together.

A couple of times in FLL this was the way we were boarded.

They do that in FLL, can't speak about other ports such as Barcelona, everywhere is different. We had the situation where we were in AQ and the cruise we were on was the first cruise of the Equinox out of North America. We waited quite awhile while they did inspections, etc and then they loaded us Suites, AQ, Concierge in that order. Most of the time the priorty boarding is a meaningless perk but in this rare case it paid off.

Two weeks ago we sailed on the Eclipse travelling in Aqua class from Southampton. Upon entering the embarkation hall, we were identified as Aqua Class and shown to the "Priority Boarding" line and were processed immediately and informed that our staterooms were available - this was at 1.15.pm. We boarded and found hundreds of guests on board waiting to access to their rooms whilst those in Aqua Class were available for occupation....

Rooms are made available as they are cleaned and checked . Another time it might be deck 8 ready before AQ. It just depends.

Also whether or not they board Suites then others depends on, I don't know, the phase of the moonor something. Have had it both ways even in FLL

The Select/Elite preferred emBarkation line can be a great perc or may not really matter just depends on how busy it is at the time. I've use it before when it's jammed and saved at least 20-30 minutes being in the preferred line. Nice Benefit.

Archived